• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayonnaise is king of US condiments, ketchup 2nd, soy sauce edges BBQ sauce for 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Either the BLT became America's most popular food, or people are putting mayonnaise on things that should never have mayonnaise put on them.
jbrhvHyhYjauPL.jpg

I really need to start trying more mustard types than my basic Gulden's brown mustard.

Wow, mayo is sickening.
I've never been able to stomach it.

I kinda think ketchup ruins a lot of food, but it ain't bad. But if I buy a burger I want to taste a burger not ketchup.

And, Soy Sauce can work well with the right food.

Gannd

Banned
Mayo is horrible. I won't eat something if mayo is on it.

Mustard > Ketchup. And ketchup on hotdogs is a crime.

Mayo is horrible. I won't eat something if mayo is on it.

Mustard > Ketchup. And ketchup on hotdogs is a crime.

Yeah, I can't stomach mayo.

I will always order food with no mayo and then I get my fucking burger from the guy and it has mayo all over it.

I've returned many burgers in my life.

lednerg

The chart is comparing the total cost of the condiments in dollars, not the amount of servings or even the total volume. That's pretty dumb since 1) they don't cost the same and 2) you use different amounts per serving. It's like saying people breathe more cigarette smoke than air because they spend more on cigarettes.

LuffyZoro

The biggest problem with getting prepackaged sandwiches is that they always come with tons of shit condiments. I mean, I know that my not wanting any of them on my sandwich is weird, but even people who like some don't like others. Just put out some packs of stuff, geez.

Why does everyone hate mustard? :(

Soy sauce should be number 1

I don't think people hate mustard. Think about it, when people put ketchup on a hotdog or hamburger, they put a generous amount. When they put mustard on anything, it's always a small amount. Even in sandwiches where you put both, more amount of ketchup is used. Again, not hated but the perfect ratio gives mustard sales a disadvantage.

terrisus

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Mustard, Hot Sauce, and Barbeque Sauce are the only worthwhile condiments.
The rest of those are just disgusting.

NJDEN

No, this is a lie... I just feel it

I'm a hot sauce man myself, but I think these stats are wrong. Something about them feels off.

Mona

Banned
that graph appears to be trying to be color coded, but my mustard doesn't look anything like that color

and yea, i hate mayonnaise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom