• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/...s?cid=nbacomsocial_tw_sf82614473&sf82614473=1

Curry (28-for-42, 67 percent) and Durant (21-for-35, 60 percent) rank first and second in mid-range field goal percentage among 34 players who have taken at least 25 mid-range shots. Durant has an effective field goal percentages of 64.5 percent on pull-up jumpers, the best marks among players who have attempted at least 25 in the playoffs. Curry ranks fourth at 58.5 percent

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/...s?cid=nbacomsocial_tw_sf82614473&sf82614473=1

James (16) and Irving (12) have taken 28 of the team's 35 shots in the clutch and are a combined 9-for-28 (2-for-10 from 3-point range). James is also just 4-for-9 on clutch free throws. His assist rate is more than twice as high in the first quarter (25.9 assists per 100 possessions used) than it is in the fourth (12.7). Irving's assist rate is 23.0 in the first quarter and just 2.5 in the fourth. He has one assist in 59 fourth-quarter minute

According to SportVU, Durant was the primary defender on James, guarding him for a little over 10 minutes over the two games. Green was only the fifth most used defender on James, guarding him for just 1:38. But James shot 0-for-5 with Green guarding him.

jmizzal

As much as I hate Lebron for being whiny and a diva, I am cheering for the Cavs. I was not a fan of Durants decision and how fake he seems to act now. He just has that air about him like now he is on a winning stacked team he thinks he's the shit. Yes, I am taking this personal after he didn't want to meet with his hometown team and my favorite team, the Bullets. =)

If the Wiz were not terrible last year and were like they are this year he prob would have seriously thought about going there lol

You just stated what happened. The Lakers were getting obliterated.

1. It was not a winnable game with 6 minutes left.

2. Kobe didn't physically leave the game and go stand next to his head coach while time ran out.
Well it's a good thing Kobe is so great in Elimination games or Game 7's /s

VeeP

As much as I hate Lebron for being whiny and a diva, I am cheering for the Cavs. I was not a fan of Durants decision and how fake he seems to act now. He just has that air about him like now he is on a winning stacked team he thinks he's the shit. Yes, I am taking this personal after he didn't want to meet with his hometown team and my favorite team, the Bullets. =)

Honest question, I like the Wizards. Every time I see them play I feel like they're really confident, think they can take anyone on, etc. All of them play like they're the shit. From Brandon Jennings, to Wall, to Beal. It's one of the reasons I wanted to see them take on the Cavs. I feel like a lot of players are scared of Lebron and the Cave, and this team would go at them hard.

But how are you gonna not like KD for acting like he's the shit when he's winning, but your gonna like the Wizards for acting like their the shit even when they're losing?

"Cleveland didn't want to see us," Beal told CSN Mid-Atlantic on Thursday. "I always said that. I felt like that's a reason they didn't play us in the second round. They didn't want to see us in the second round. If they were going to go down, they were going to go down in the conference finals. They didn't want to go down in the second round.

Dude gets whooped and then acts like the Cave were scared? Please.

Hence "tended" as opposed to "always." Kobe shit the bed in 3 out of 4 Finals elimination games.

Well when you end 5/7 series without being in an elimination game, I guess that's a pretty acceptable trade off.

Plus I would guess 15 rebounds comes in handy in a Game 7 decided by 4 points.

Just a guess tho.

Well it's a good thing Kobe is so great in Elimination games or Game 7's /s

It's a good thing you are responding to what I actually said. /s

And yet Kobe never took himself out of a 16 point game, with 6 minutes to go, to watch the rest of the game from the sidelines. That shit was a horrible fucking look.

I mean, what are you even saying?

You can't have it both ways.

If you are the greatest of all time you should be able to at least keep things close with the cast he had. Instead people just tried to change the narrative that DWade, Chris Bosh, etc. were all bums.

For the record I do think LeBron is one of the best players of all time (fuck lists) but I get pissed when people blame his supporting cast. It's not like he has played with garbage in a long ass time.
I don't think Wade or Bosh were bums, but Lebron had to be in the game to keep the series competitive. And even then the Spurs shot them out of the building in games 3 and 4.

Na.

McGee is only good for like 15 mins a night max. Dude has terrible asthma and can't produce at a high enough level past that threshold. The Warriors are best at playing him in a few 3-5 minute spurts because anything beyond that you start to see him revert back to his shaqtin form.

Maybe, but those 15 minutes would have been played by Varejao or stone hands Ezeli last year. That's a huge upgrade.

bionic77

I don't think Wade or Bosh were bums, but Lebron had to be in the game to keep the series competitive. And even then the Spurs shot them out of the building in games 3 and 4.
That is a mark against him that he could not impact the series more.

A lot of shit being talked about Kobe but he almost always found a way to impose his will on the Spurs. The Spurs will get you to get out of your comfort zone. LeBron doesn't really have a backup plan. Kobe might miss a shot but there was no way to put him in a place he was not comfortable.

Right because GSW transition offense is all Zaza and McGee lol

Yea I was scratching my head with comment lol.

Transition offense gets triggered from missed shots with defensive rebounds, steals, etc. It's difficult to generate transition offense when the other team is constantly on the line and can set their defensive scheme.

Stop scratching your heads and watch more hoops instead.

lol why the fuck are people talking about Kobe and a finals series from 4 years ago

Because BadAss reminded me of LeBron James quitting in the 4th quarter of Game 5 (literally leaving and never returning) and that sparked a thought that Kobe would never get a pass for such fuckery.

Judging by the responses, I would say I am right. People are dragging out the ole Kobe hate standbys instead of refuting what I actually said.

That is why.

And it was 7 years ago. Now you feel old.

Slim Reaper comin'
XU86RWX.gif

Warriors in 5

Reminds me of this when LeBron was with Miami. Reaper vs Demon?
giphy.gif

beat

Transition offense gets triggered from missed shots with defensive rebounds, steals, etc. It's difficult to generate transition offense when the other team is constantly on the line and can set their defensive scheme.

Stop scratching your heads and watch more hoops instead.

12 possessions ending in fouls (Zaza and McGee combining to use all their fouls) is 12 out of 100+ possessions a game, c'mon.

Derwind

Villian Lebron wad the worst and best thing to happen to the league.

I'm don't think I'll ever be a fan of The Decision and all the showboating & bandwagoning that surrounded it.

However it really made the league that much more exciting. All bullshit aside, the Miami big 3 were pretty fun to watch.

12 possessions ending in fouls (Zaza and McGee combining to use all their fouls) is 12 out of 100+ possessions a game, c'mon.
Do you agree that it benefits the Cavs? Do you think that no other player will commit fouls? Did you forget Curry was constantly in foul trouble as well in the previous finals?

Mortemis

Banned
I'm glad people get the greatness of villain Lebron.

Golden state is hated but they just don't got that extra kick to be great villains like the heat imo. Maybe if Durant started off his move to GS with a The Decision like conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom