• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Razorskin

----- ------
This can be your gravestone after the inevitable permaban.

This is what I think of your fan base:

vAqqOjh.jpg

CREMSteve

He's absolutely filthy right now, saying this as a bandwagon BC hockey fan

No question.

People like to pile on Feaster, but the team he built is competitive each and every night, is a ton of fun to watch and has more quality prospects than any other time in my time being a hockey fan (25 years or so).

Gaudreau is like the icing on the proverbial cake.

Oshimai

Phaneuf has been fine this year.

The problem is - like with Bozak - you have a decent player being used in the wrong role, and in a dysfunctional system to boot.

Phaneuf may have some upsides, but it's clear he's not a captain. The main issue I have with his play is that he often goes for a big hit at the defensive blue line; as a result, he's often out of position.

No question.

People like to pile on Feaster, but the team he built is competitive each and every night, is a ton of fun to watch and has more quality prospects than any other time in my time being a hockey fan (25 years or so).

Gaudreau is like the icing on the proverbial cake.

Feels like he definitely built a roster for the future instead of the present at his expense. Gaudreau is pretty fucking great and I wish the Bruins had him

Dr.Acula

Banned
There needs to be massive change in the Leafs organisation for next season. The only reason they made the playoffs last go round was because the season was short. And they still managed to choke their season away spectacularly.

They keep bombing down to ninth and tenth spots every year. Is it their training staff? The front office? The players? The scouts? I don't care, they keep effing up, blow this team up, please. Dion? He's not a captain in my book, have you ever seen him change a game? Ever seen him take a game over? Will victory from nothing? There aren't enough great players in the league for every team to have such a difference maker, but the league gets a lot smaller in May.

This team as constructed will keep failing and failing, and I'm sick of all the second and third chances.

Meanwhile, the advanced-stats community can barely contain their excitement over the coming crash-and-burn that they’re convinced is inevitable. They’re expecting a repeat of their decisive win over Wild fans, only on a much larger stage. It’s not an exaggeration to think that Leafs losses could do for hockey stats what 2002 Oakland A’s victories did for baseball sabermetrics.

http://grantland.com/features/toronto-maple-leafs-advanced-stats/

Top Bottom