• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 "stands up to the best in the genre"

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankT

DC R1D3R said:
Videogamer review:

21k0crd.gif

Awesome

East Lake

Stop It said:
No, reviewers are complaining because the game is cheap, not for being difficult, there is a marked difference and if NG2 is more cheap than a challenge then it deserves to be docked points for it.

I'm still looking forward to playing it, but if the game resorts to being cheap in order to kill me, especially when NG shown that the game can kill you by being badass hard without cheating you, I will not be happy.
Think that is still up for debate to be honest, different messages between reviews.

IGN

Ok, more than once or twice but the point is that the game is most often rewarding in its challenge. Rarely do you feel as if the game is cheap -- you simply aren't good enough yet and the game's relentless artificial intelligence and swarming enemies are letting you know. Only once did I feel like the game was punishing me without recourse.

Eurogamer

But Ninja Gaiden 2 strays from the path. Perhaps mindful of the series' reputation for difficulty, Team Ninja ramped up the difficulty level once again - and torn by the conflicting need to provide accessibility for less dedicated players, it's seriously messed up the balance. NG2 regularly stops being challenging and becomes impossible.

Could go either way.

duckroll

This thread has lasted long enough. It is now time for us all to make a brave pilgrimage to the harsh wilderness of the actual reviews thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom