• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2016

Jo6e3zv.gif

So much crow lol

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077850

To be fair, when that thread was created, no one expected the game to launch in the state it did. Two months later, I still can't believe it.

Ray Down

Banned
What the hell?

SFV had terrible first month sales. What the hell are you people smoking expecting it to chart in its second month. Seriously.

I'm face palming so hard at some of these SFV posts.

I think some people think SF5 came out this month.

It not charting really ins't a surprise.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
LOL no. Both consoles with rumored revisions were up.

Oh, so I suppose Sony PR didn't mention the YOY increase due to it being not as significant as the past few months. Vena's third hypotesis on the matter, then.

Boke1879

I will say MS seemed like it had only a soft marketing agreement with Division. It definitely wasn't the same push Sony did with Destiny.

I'm not sure at why any poster expected SFV to be in the top 10.

Like, what are you smoking?

It had better chance of charting in January and it wasn't even released then. Maybe it some sort of meme that we'll get every month where people seems shocked it's not there. Game bombed in its initial month. No chance it have made it this month.

Games being frontloaded is one thing, but even in its first month Street Fighter's numbers were not good.

If the first month was bad and this is even worse, then it's just not good overall, ESPECIALLY since Capcom wanted 2 million copies by the end of last month. There's no way it's making that any time soon, if at all.
Sure, it isn't good but if the sales were poor to begin with, why would they suddenly be okay/decent/good this month? It isn't surprising it didn't chart.

ethomaz

Banned
Abou MS PR.

It is interesting to remember Ryse launched only in Tier 1 countries while SO and QB was a tier 1+2+3 release.

FTF

Wow at TP at #3, very impressive. And poor SFV, deserves better. Hope this doesn't screw up future releases and VI, etc. :/

cordy

Banned
What the hell?

SFV had terrible first month sales. What the hell are you people smoking expecting it to chart in its second month. Seriously.

I'm face palming so hard at some of these SFV posts.

A lot of people thought the "March Update" would save this game. A lot of people thought people would gradually grab the game in March considering there were some bugs.

It didn't.

Boke1879

Oh, so I suppose Sony PR didn't mention the YOY increase due to it being not as significant as the past few months. Vena's third hypotesis on the matter, then.

Wow so Sony was up YOY huh? Funny they didn't mention it. Even if it wasn't as significant it's just another bullet point to add.

Steejee

I must congratulate MS on the most spinnarific PR statement I remember seeing in a NPD thread.

That is truly one for the ages.

A lot of people thought the "March Update" would save this game. A lot of people thought people would gradually grab the game in March considering there were some bugs.

It didn't.

I think a lot of SF fans (and Capcom) are in for a rude awakening come June.

Guymelef

Tired of that Pokken-SF comparison.
SF is a February game...

Last month:
Naruto>SFV

-God!!! SF V is a bomba!
-Naruto did well.

This month Naruto (February game) didn't charted.
Is Naruto a bomba now?

And of course, SFV is a bomba but comparing chart positions with a new game isn't fair.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LTD? Not quite. Almost.

Wow. WOW.

I'm stunned to see two Wii U games in the top 10. I bought Twilight Princess (and regretted it...made me realize how bad the game actually was :/)

Sure, it isn't good but if the sales were poor to begin with, why would they suddenly be okay/decent/good this month? It isn't surprising it didn't chart.

I don't think anyone is surprised that it's not charting. I think people are making these posts to emphasize just how badly Capcom botched the launch.

Holy shit, I can't make it past the first post which predicted 4 million.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Tired of that Pokken-SF comparison.
SF is a February game...

Last month:
Naruto>SFV

-God SF V is a bomba!
-Naruto did well.

This month Naruto (February game) didn't charted.
Is Naruto a bomba now?

Pokken almost outsold SFV's LTD in its opening month.

A bit gutted about SFV's extreme drop; I'm guessing the backlash has definitely set in. Capcom is probably done with fighters for a while if not forever but they really should have waited until June to release it at retail. The game just wasn't ready from a content POV in February, plain and simple.

Welp, at least SNKP are back in the game. Legit excited to see their efforts. And Namco of course is always good. Hey maybe Sega will wake up and actually do a new Virtua Fighter xD. And of course Arcs and the KI team and NRS are still in it.

The genre'll be fine, but we aren't getting another SF this gen. Hell, I don't even see V's roster going too far beyond the promised 6 unless mods get crazy(er) and can do some stuff similar to Mugen (in terms of editing move properties, not just doing re-skins. Think Project M style modding). That'd put the PC version up there for sure.

He saying SF5 sold better then Pokken so far but not by alot.

Pokken is close in its first month.
At this rate Pokken should be able to outsell SFV within another month. If not by a huge margin, then a noticeable one.

I doubt it will get into Splatoon territory tho, let alone Smash. The more challenging the game, the less people'll want it (these days). Sucks for them I guess.

Ridley327

The Wolf amiibo is also sold separately. So I doubt the TWHD sales have anything to do with the amiibo.

Only outside of the US. I think people really just wanted to play their favorite Zelda game again with some solid QOL improvements and looking a lot better than it ever did originally.

fernoca

He saying SF5 sold better then Pokken so far but not by alot.
Which kinda implies that Pokken debuted to higher sales since in 1 NPD is close to 2 NPDs of SFV.

And the other thread mentioned SFV having an horrible second month.

So...asked if the debut was higher for Pokken in that case.

Massa

Good to see Twilight Princess selling so well despite already being playable on the Wii U via backwards compatibility.

It always annoys me when people complain about remasters existing over the lack of BC (in other consoles).

Top Bottom