• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2016

cordy

Banned
I think a lot of SF fans (and Capcom) are in for a rude awakening come June.

Yep. Extremely. These SFV Apologists make me sick to my stomach and I say that as someone who's a fan of the series. To be honest, I feel a lil bad about talking shit about SFV since I've loved the series for over 20 years. At the same time, they fucked up bad and it hurts but you just gotta be real about it. They did it to themselves. It's like Old Yeller or something. I can't stand when companies screw up a series I love, I just can't believe this happened but then again it's Capcom, I should have known given last-gen.

But this begs the question...

People thought the March Update would help this game, shit didn't do a thing and it'll likely continue so those who are heavily defending it I gotta ask...how long is it going to take for this game to stand on it's own two? How long does it need until it gets some sales, some content? How long do we need here? I keep hearing "nah next month's updates-" and all that crap but it'll keep going on and on and on and on and on.

Capcom just needs to do a major re-release and people need to stop apologizing for their shitty business model. They shat on the floor so now they need to lie in it.

I think Sony should pack in SFV w/ new PS4s like they did Driveclub. Yeah yeah, technically not their game and all, but it could only help.

Waiting for a F2P version by the holiday season (when new games will eat up the attention) isn't going to do too much; the game needs the push during a slow month or two alongside w/ EVO (EVO on its own isn't going to do very much b/c believe it or not a lot of players don't care about being pro-level competitors, they just want a fun game and enough content to have fun with. SFV currently only has the former going for it).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Queso, how many trillions of units has the order 1886 sold? Please round to the nearest billion

LifEndz

Knew SFV wouldn't chart but damn if seeing it failed to doesn't sting. You've only yourselves to blame, Capcom.

rhandino

Banned
Jo6e3zv.gif

So much crow lol

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077850

That would be this thread where people kept replying to the assertion that Mortal Kombat is more popular than Street Fighter in the US with "It's not!!!!": http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1177532

Pokken > SFV

LTD? Not quite. Almost.
OH. MY. GOD.

I77zdZa.gif

Queso, how many trillions of units has the order 1886 sold? Please round to the nearest billion

Sorry, I only give guidance. In the Universe, there are billions and billions of stars, and an unknown number of black holes, where matter ceases to exist.

This is at one of those two extremes. Good luck.

I think Sony should pack in SFV w/ new PS4s like they did Driveclub. Yeah yeah, technically not their game and all, but it could only help.

Waiting for a F2P version by the holiday season (when new games will eat up the attention) isn't going to do too much; the game needs the push during a slow month or two alongside w/ EVO (EVO on its own isn't going to do very much b/c believe it or not a lot of players don't care about being pro-level competitors, they just want a fun game and enough content to have fun with. SFV currently only has the former going for it).

Why would Sony sabotage PS4 sales like that?

Indeed! I haven't been following games a lot recently, but has March really been so meager in exclusives from Sony and Microsoft?!

Sony and Microsoft don't have exclusive games every month. It's mostly multi platform 3rd party titles doing the heavy lifting, punctuated with the occasional exclusive. Nintendo on the other hand needs to get by with ONLY exclusives a lot of the time!

It's been this way for years. Not sure why anyone would find this overly surprising.

Yes... that is why the first month comparison needs to be close because SFV doing crap in second month put it ahead.

Well, SFV could have still done like 70K in its second month. Who knows. I would be shocked if it sold, like, nothing, even with its horrible word of mouth.

sense

Yep. Extremely. These SFV Apologists make me sick to my stomach and I say that as someone who's a fan of the series. To be honest, I feel a lil bad about talking shit about SFV since I've loved the series for over 20 years. At the same time, they fucked up bad and it hurts but you just gotta be real about it. They did it to themselves. It's like Old Yeller or something. I can't stand when companies screw up a series I love, I just can't believe this happened but then again it's Capcom, I should have known given last-gen.

But this begs the question...

People thought the March Update would help this game, shit didn't do a thing and it'll likely continue so those who are heavily defending it I gotta ask...how long is it going to take for this game to stand on it's own two? How long does it need until it gets some sales, some content? How long do we need here? I keep hearing "nah next month's updates-" and all that crap but it'll keep going on and on and on and on and on.

Capcom just needs to do a major re-release and people need to stop apologizing for their shitty business model. They shat on the floor so now they need to lie in it.
I don't think anyone is arguing that capcom did not screw up with the launch and released the game with barebones content. The core gameplay seems to be well done and liked by fighting game fans and they are probably just hoping the game will pick up as more new content rolls out and story mode is out and there is some sort of rerelease and promotion. There is a reason capcom was reluctant to release a new sf and needed support from Sony.

Boke1879

Why would Sony sabotage PS4 sales like that?

Yup. Sony is about to be focused on Uncharted 4 next month, Then E3, NO Mans Sky. I assume they also have a partnership with Mankind Divided. Capcom needs to launch a F2P version on their own accord and fast.

Sony and Microsoft don't have exclusive games every month. It's mostly multi platform 3rd party titles doing the heavy lifting, punctuated with the occasional exclusive. Nintendo on the other hand needs to get by with ONLY exclusives a lot of the time!

It's been this way for years. Not sure why anyone would find this overly surprising.

It hasn't really been this way for years, at least not for Sony. Last year they had Bloodborne. Infamous before that. God of War Ascension before that. Plenty of other God of War titles before that.

Sony usually drops a big exclusive in March (outside of MLB), so it is kind of surprising they didn't this year.

Top Bottom