• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 2009 NHL Thread - Old Man Cherry's Off His Meds Again™ Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
picture_6.png

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Pseudo_Sam said:
Yes, please, all St. Louis fans should witness a good pounding at the hands of Columbus.
holy shit, blues fans and blue jackets fans fighting... what's become of nhl-age?!

fallout

sefskillz said:
holy shit, blues fans and blue jackets fans fighting... what's become of nhl-age?!
It's kind of a weird change from you vs. Red Wings fans and everyone vs. Pens fans. I'm scared.

Alucard

Banned
fallout said:
It's kind of a weird change from you vs. Red Wings fans and everyone vs. Pens fans. I'm scared.

Don't forget everyone versus Habs fans. Just saying!

Ovechkin means business tonight. Already 1G and 2A.

SA-X

So I was looking at the Wings and Sharks schedules earlier today and feeling pretty good about the Wings chances for 1st place...

...and now the Wings are losing to the fucking Islanders. :lol

pringles

It doesn't change the fact that the Wings were horrible for the first 2 periods and kinda deserved to lose after coming out like that, but god damn did the Isles get lucky.
The Wings had like 4-5 posts and one in the crossbar. Not to mention a whiff on an open net by Hossa and a number of amazing saves by McDonald.

Ball's back in the Sharks court.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Fan jailed for threats against Blue Jackets
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A passionate hockey fan made physical threats against the Columbus Blue Jackets in a series of phone calls to the team's arena during a game, police said.

Peter Stenzel was arrested Thursday night and charged with inducing panic for threatening physical harm against the team during its 5-0 win over the Calgary Flames, Columbus Police Sgt. Rick Weiner said.

Police traced the phone calls to Stenzel's Columbus home, where they found him wearing a Flames T-shirt, Weiner said. Police would not say if specific players were targeted or what the threats entailed.

Stenzel, 52, was being held at the Franklin County Jail pending a Saturday court hearing. Weiner did not know if he had a lawyer.

Blue Jackets spokesman Todd Sharrock didn't comment on the specific incident but said the club has procedures in place to respond to security threats to players and coaches.

Columbus and Calgary are potential first-round playoff opponents. The Flames are in third place in the Western Conference with eight games to play, while the sixth-place Blue Jackets are attempting to qualify for their first playoff appearance ever.
:lol

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Oilers are getting destroyed by the Ducks right now.. but are up 4-2 hahahaha. I love Oilers hockey, we know we don't deserve any of this success.

fallout

Hitman said:
Oilers are getting destroyed by the Ducks right now.. but are up 4-2 hahahaha. I love Oilers hockey, we know we don't deserve any of this success.
:lol It's fucking entertaining to watch though.

Barrage

FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Turco gets a shootout...AND LOSES THE GAME

Edmonton plays oopsy daisy fuckpuck for 60 minutes, and gets the win

I don't know what's going on.

The hockey gods must be the products of incest or some shit

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
bahahah GO OILERS! Roloson is gonna play every game til the bitter end then take us on "Miracle Run 2: Death of Roloson"

Alucard

Banned
kassatsu said:
Need a gif of Queen Henrik's reaction to Talbot's goal.

Yeah, he had that "fuuuuuuuuuuuuck" looking up at the sky look. Haha.

Avery is getting punked around right now, and I love it.

If the Pens can keep up this pace, the Rags should be fucked seven ways from Tuesday.

Solo

Alucard said:
How much did Gretz average for his entire career?...Hmmm, I know it's early, but I'm just saying...

:lol I was actually wondering this myself the other day. Gretz's numbers dropped off a lot in his last 5 or so years, so his overall averages would definitely be hurt by that.

Fake edit: I just looked up the stats and did the math. Gretzky had 894 goals in 1487 games, averaging 0.60 gpg, or 49 goals per season. Ovechkin has 216 goals in 318 games, averaging 0.68 gpg, or 56 goals a season.

The really crazy thing? AO would need to keep that average up for 17 total years to catch Gretz. As much as I love AO and think he is the best player in the world right now, there is no way he can score 56 a season for another 13 years. If he could throw up a Gretzky-esque season or two of 80-90 goals, then we'd be talking, but I dont know if 70 goals will ever be hit again, let alone 80 or 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom