• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon: New battle mode, Yungoos and Pikipek, and more footage

Malakai

Even Talonflame?

I'd say Unfezant has the best name and worst everything else, Talonflame has the best everything else and worst name, and Staraptor is a nice in between.

Scolipede was legit good

Is everyone forgetting that Staraptor have an Attack of 120 and learns Close Combat? And the speed of 100. This is from the early regional bird Pokémon?

ffdgh

...That was fast
KMJDZvV.png

Yungoose amuses me greatly.
KuGsj.gif

Also it's apparently not originally from Alola.
I want to see the birth certificate!

Talonflame's non-competitive use is being denmother. Also it has a respectable spatk.
Mhmm. Fly + Flame Body for days.

Is everyone forgetting that Staraptor have an Attack of 120 and learns Close Combat? And the speed of 100. This is from the early regional bird Pokémon?
Speed matters not to one who transcends the speed stat.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why is no one talking about Yungoos's potential?

Stakeout ability = double damage to mons who switched in a middle of a fight.

Combine that with Pursuit, and judging by Yungoo's shenanigans of a possible Dark type = murderer

Kinokou

Oh yes!

There is a different hat for the FMC! I'll not jump ship and play as a boy then!

Yungoose fulfills my need to have another pokemon to go along with Furret and Linoone <3 Hope the evo still fits in.

But what is up with so many brown/tan/beige pokemon this gen?

And the new battle mode seems great.

R0ckman

Does anyone who has any kind of insight fill me in on how likely it is players will drop a game from frustration in difficulty over boredom from lack of challange?

I wonder if they do this now since younger fans have those pesky mobile games they can run to if Pokemon was a bit too hard for them. So with simpler challenge (though they can add two different modes) kids will more likely stick around.

clemenx

Banned
That ability is so gooooooooooood.

I adore how angry it is. The little bird is cool as well. Skill link fury attack!

Siege.exe

Why is no one talking about Yungoos's potential?

Stakeout ability = double damage to mons who switched in a middle of a fight.

Combine that with Pursuit, and judging by Yungoo's shenanigans of a possible Dark type = murderer
Doesn't it say double damage to pokemon switching in rather than switching at all? Pursuit would happen before the switch to the pokemon that is leaving, so Stakeout damage wouldn't apply to it unfortunately. It's still a super cool ability that I hope makes its way to a pokemon that can use it well.

Boss Doggie

Doesn't it say double damage to pokemon switching in rather than switching at all? Pursuit would happen before the switch to the pokemon that is leaving, so Stakeout damage wouldn't apply to it unfortunately. It's still a super cool ability that I hope makes its way to a pokemon that can use it well.

that's why I said in the middle of a fight

Mr-Joker

Banned
XNZEWba.png

Why hello there Eevee are you going to show us a new evolution for us?

Interestingly, it was also confirmed Masuda has passed the Director's torch to Ohmori. Previously, Ohmori had a major managing role in XY and directed ORAS. As a reminder, Tajiri directed RGB and GS, and Masuda RS, DP, BW and XY. This is the first time anyone other than those two directs a new-generation game.

If Masuda is stepping down from the director role then X and Y was a pretty lame way go.

Come on man even Pidove is better than Starly

...That was fast
KMJDZvV.png

Ha ha and best part it's accurate.

It's obvious at this point GF hates constant switching.

After playing Pokémon Stadium 2 yesterday so do I. ¬_¬;

Could've sworn I've seen Pikipek a while ago. It looks so familiar.

It was the wire frame model shown waaay back in the Nintendo direct in February.

Honey badger! I expect a nasty ATK stat.

XNZEWba.png

Why hello there Eevee are you going to show us a new evolution for us?

If Masuda is stepping down from the director role then X and Y was a pretty lame way go.

Ha ha and best part it's accurate.

After playing Pokémon Stadium 2 yesterday so do I. ¬_¬;

It was the wire frame model shown waaay back in the Nintendo direct in February.

One of the other formerly "physical" types, hopefully.

SuperSah

Banned
Battle Royale will run at like 5fps on that appalling engine.

The games can barely just handle 1v1 battles at times and chugs like a bitch when more than that occurs. I wonder how this Battle Royale mode will run.

Boss Doggie

Ohhhhh I think I get what you're saying now, switching being unpredictably dangerous for both the pokemon coming in and the pokemon going out?

the pokemon coming in yeah

honestly makes you wish Yungoos has Roar or Whirlwind or anything that forces a switch lol

do mustelids make roars? not cute roars of course, those don't count

javadoze

Interestingly, it was also confirmed Masuda has passed the Director's torch to Ohmori. Previously, Ohmori had a major managing role in XY and directed ORAS. As a reminder, Tajiri directed RGB and GS, and Masuda RS, DP, BW and XY. This is the first time anyone other than those two directs a new-generation game.

Hmm... Don't know how I feel about this...

On one hand, Ohmori did ORAS and that was a game I'm very love/hate on (though I suppose I can't blame him on a game that was only like >2 years in development).

On the other hand, Masuda directed his fair share of pretty "meh" pokemon games as well (DP and XY). So I'm interested to see what Ohmori brings to a new mainline entry. The new pokemon, the new changes to the battle system, and overall polish so far have been promising.

Top Bottom