• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Favorite Capcom Franchises

Select up to 4

• Ace Attorney

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • Breath of Fire

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Dead Rising

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • Dino Crisis

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dragon’s Dogma

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Ghost Trick

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Ghouls ’n Ghosts + Maximo

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Killer7

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Lost Planet

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Marvel/SNK vs Capcom

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Mega Man

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Monster Hunter

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Okami

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Onimusha

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • Power Stone

• Resident Evil

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • Street Fighter

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Strider

• Viewtiful Joe

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
Well, I wasn't able to fit every franchise I wanted into the poll and all Mega Mans had to share one spot, but it will do.

Edit: Didn’t know Demon’s Crest and Gargoyle’s Quest were part of the Ghouls ’n Ghosts universe so they count as part of that slot.

Edit 2: I’m not a fighting game fan so I might have underestimated the popularity of Darkstalkers.

Some that had to be left out:
Bionic Commando
Super Puzzle Fighter
Sengoku Basara
Gregory Horror Show
Asura’s Wrath
Rival Schools
Zack & Wiki
Remember Me
Final Fight
DuckTales
Darkstalkers
Demon’s Crest

D-KtiGWXUAASeJW

Last edited:

SuperGooey

Ghost Trick has the best story and cast of characters of any game, so that needs a mention for sure.

Resident Evil is my second favorite game franchise after Zelda.

Street Fighter had a huge influence on my early teen years, getting me interested in martial arts and working out, as well as influencing my art style and what I look for in character designs.

Mega Man is a series I suck at, but I still attempt to marathon at least once a year (I usually just replay X1, MM9 and Legends).

Last edited:

Neff

Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest is technically part of the Makaimura series, so I'm including that with my Ghouls vote.

And if you really wanted to you could consider Final Fight a part of the Street Fighter series.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It was tough to only choose four.
I see I’m the only one who’s voted for Power Stone so far...

gotta say - zak and wiki, while the game was hit or miss for me that world and characters they created were awesome. would love to see a game utilizing that ip again

but i went:
BoF
Onimusha
RE
Powerstone ( toss up with mega man tbh)

Last edited:

Kerlesly

Neo Member
May I pick more than 4.. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Breath of fire
Dragon's Dogma
Onimusha
Mega Man

I mean the talent that capcom had while creating this IP's was something else (Mikami, Kamiya, Kamitani, Itsuno etc etc)

Street Fighter is my favorite of them all. Every one of the good entries is a gift that keeps on giving.

As far as their other big franchises, that would be the usual Devil May Cry and Resident Evil as those have remained at a quality where I'm always interested in new entries.

"Lesser" stuff...
Rival Schools
Power Stone
Mega Man (used to love the series but haven't enjoyed anything after X4)
Final Fight (Even though it's arguably just one good game)
Onimusha

Everything after that would be the various one-offs or specific individual entries within a series that I'm not going to list or else it would be some giant thing. =P

kunonabi

voted Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Rival Schools, and other for Darkstalkers since I think of a franchise as having more than one entry.

Going into individual titles my favorites are:

Top 10:
Vampire Savior
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Resident Evil Outbreak
Mega Man X2
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Mega Man 3
Dead Rising
Capcom vs SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Haunting Ground

and the others:
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Breath of Fire II
Killer 7
Tech Romancer
Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers
Disney's Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Duck Tales
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future
Little Nemo the Dream Master
Magic Sword
Mercs
Nazo Waku Yakata
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha
Project Justice
Ghost Trick

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Dead Rising
Dino Crisis
Power Stone
Onimusha

Capcom has fucking AMAZING IPs but only want multi million sellers guaranteed when they could easily make a new fan favourite returning IP and take a financial L then drop a new MH and take x20 times the budget back.

sublimit

Banned
Dragon's Dogma
Dragon's Dogma
Dragon's Dogma
Dragon's Dogma

Dragon's Dogma
Onimusha
Resident Evil
Breath of Fire

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Dead Rising
Dino Crisis
Power Stone
Onimusha

Capcom has fucking AMAZING IPs but only want multi million sellers guaranteed when they could easily make a new fan favourite returning IP and take a financial L then drop a new MH and take x20 times the budget back.

_Ex_

This shitty poll doesn't even have my favorite Capcom franchises on it:

I like the ongoing story arc in Resident Evil, seeing the familiar cast of characters grow older and the new bioterrorism threats they face, even if the newer games don't quite play like the originals.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB

Poordevil

Looking over that list... I realize Capcom is probably my all time favorite game company. A lot of favorites on that list!

IKSTUGA

Devil May Cry, Resident Evil and Street Fighter are easily my favorites. So many great games in each franchise.

It was pretty tough to only pick 4. CAPCOM has a legendary stable of franchises.

I picked 'Other' for the sake of Darkstalkers. My other three:

- Ghouls n Ghosts. One of the first "hard" arcade games I 1cc'd. I learned to appreciate the puzzle-like quality of limited mechanics.
- Street Fighter series. Still playing it to this day. I have my favorites, but overall it's like the Tetris of fighting games. Gotta have it.
- Monster Hunter. My most-played CAPCOM franchise. Thousands of hours over the years, starting with MHF on PSP.

Top Bottom