• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + GTA V + TLOU for $399 | XB1 + AC4 + ACU for $329 (Dell Black Friday ad)

Almost.

I haven't played GTAV, but I did play TLoU (Last year, in fact. Black friday purchase!) and I just don't feel the need to have it again in a bundle.

Rock solid deal for anyone else, though. I'm sure someone's going to match or beat this for Black Friday.

badb0y

Xbox you get a $60 game and a $20 game plus the system for $329.

PS4 you get a $60 game and a $40 game for $399.

$70 difference for a $20 game difference. The PS4 is still more expensive by $50.
He's talking about a different perspective. You can go out now and buy the Xbox One AC bundle for $349.99 so technically the Black Friday deal is a $20 discount. On the other hand the PS4 costs $399 + $40 for TLoU+ $60 for GTA V. So comparitively your getting $100 off on the PS4 bundle.

JLeack

Banned
I'm not into the remastered games at all, but there is a market for it and so it's a good idea to bundle a console with games they know will sell.

Yeah, you're definitely right. After all, these were the two best rated games of not only last year, but all of last generation. It's tremendous value. Maybe Sony will include a full priced game as part of the December PS Plus Instant Game Collection to introduce consumers to its new releases of next-gen? I feel like it's important to show that strong first-party line-up as part of Black Friday.

Anything for Nintendo? With the X1 being $329 with 2 games I can't see anyone seeing value in a $199+ Wii U with a couple of games.

Ehh. I dont think its that great a deal personally.

TLOU Remasted has no business being anything close to 50 dollars as someone mentioned.

Free GTA is great, but the PS4 itself should have at least a $30 drop and with that in mind its not as great a deal.

The Xbox one deal looks far more a steal in my opinon.

RyudBoy

All I know is that I'm gonna be real pissed off when I add this to my cart and it's sold out. I hope they have plenty!

If they hadn't done the price cut on the XBox One bundles all through the holidays, $329 would be an absolute steal and one of the best Black Friday deals ever.

As it stands, it's just 20$ off an existing bundle. Good, but there will be better.

That being said, I'm not really interested in arguing the concept of value, because it's different for everyone.

Rizific

On a straight value perspective, the PS4 bundle is better than the X1 one due to Black Flag being worth like 20 bucks
I was more referring to the other x1 deals that came up last week. I think the sod,cod,asscreed bundles that came with forza and if bought after the 8th, also a free year of live.

TLOU Remasted has no business being anything close to 50 dollars as someone mentioned.

Free GTA is great, but the PS4 itself should have at least a $30 drop and with that in mind its not as great a deal.

I know plenty of people willing to pay 50 for the Last of Us PS4. Hell I did.

Boke1879

You're getting two quality games even if they are last gen ports for free. Great deal IMO.

Xb1 has an amazing deal as well.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member

Why doesn't TLOU have any business being close to $50? I've never played it, and it's a fairly recent game.

bebop242

But the "better value" argument is flawed. You're still paying an extra $50 for the PS4. I'd say the value is roughly the same due to hardware differences.

Value is different because as it stands now, there is a higher demand for ps4s than there is for Xbox ones.

Value is different because as it stands now, there is a higher demand for ps4s than there is for Xbox ones.

Right, the Xbox is a better immediate value from a $$ perspective but that's where it ends.
PS4 still has more bang for the buck.

I'd identify the tradeoff as a Short term monetary gain for long term visual pain..

I have dreamed of this very moment!!! I literally bought GTA5 for ps3, then read about the ps4 version and took it back. Never played Last of Us. Haven't bought a ps4 since I have been playing pc/wiiu combo and having a good amount of fun. This is the perfect deal for me!!!! I can't wait!

RayMaker

Banned
Did you edit your post? I could have sworn it said something else.

Yeah wrong thread.

Man its funny people saying stuff like ''PS4 deal is going to break records'' when the X1 deal undercuts by $80. Then again given the momentum of the PS4 I would not be surprised if the PS4 still outsold the X1.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah wrong thread.

Man its funny people saying stuff like ''PS4 deal is going to break records'' when the X1 deal undercuts by $80. Then again given the momentum of the PS4 I would not be surprised if the PS4 still outsold the X1.

Why is it so funny? In the 'what is sony's plan for November' thread, people were dismissing a $399 GTAV bundle as unrealistic. So isnt it understandable that $399 for GTAV *and* TLoU is met with interest?

JLeack

Banned
Yeah wrong thread.

They're both going to sell a ton of units. Everyone can walk away happy.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
holy shit....

that PS4 bundle is god like. For the price of a PS4 you get that plus two of the greatest games ever made.

god damn.

Yeah wrong thread.

why funny? people assuming the more popular console is going to sell a lot more units... doesn't seem very shocking to me personally..

Top Bottom