• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + GTA V + TLOU for $399 | XB1 + AC4 + ACU for $329 (Dell Black Friday ad)

RG0BS1U.gif

Never change looool. Funny how he always get's caught.

How big of a deal is black friday usually?
I live in UK...

Black friday is called "black" friday due to the fact that retails stores start usually make most of their profit starting on that friday.

People have trampled and killed others just to get a good "deal". Every single year more and more companies try to start black friday earlier and earlier. No more thanksgiving for some retail workers, they have to go work on thanksgiving.

People camp outside their favorite stores in freezing temperatures just to get a mediocre deal.

tl;dr

Really big deal.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Don't really know why people are quoting this like it's a contradiction, the menu system alone makes MCC more than a next gen port.
uh huh

Let's stay focused, shall we?

Black friday is called "black" friday due to the fact that retails stores start usually make most of their profit starting on that friday.

People have trampled and killed others just to get a good "deal". Every single year more and more companies try to start black friday earlier and earlier. No more thanksgiving for some retail workers, they have to go work on thanksgiving.
What are you talking about, Thanksgiving was last mon- ohhhhh.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
That's actually a great idea

Not really. I bet PS+ has no inherent value, its not something you can hold or see. But by not including it they will sell more PS+ subscriptions and this is where the profit margin is.

What are you talking about, Thanksgiving was last mon- ohhhhh.

Canada's not real, bish! It's true! I heard it on the Internet once!

Now if history is any indicator, that PS4 bundle might be Sony's Black Friday bundle for everyone. I wonder if they'll be physical copies? I think they could get away with digital for these, to cut down on resales.

I honestly wonder if Microsoft has another bundle, or if they're just going a deeper cut like they are here, too.

Toki767

Not really. I bet PS+ has no inherent value, its not something you can hold or see. But by not including it they will sell more PS+ subscriptions and this is where the profit margin is.

Plus if it's anything like last year, you'll be able to get a year of PS+ for $30 anyway.

Kayant

A lot of sales for the YEAR (like 10%?) come from Black Friday.

The holiday season is like 40% of yearly sales.

People camp outside their favorite stores in freezing temperatures just to get a mediocre deal.

tl;dr

Really big deal.

Thanks for the info never thought it was that big of a deal.

hawk2025

Any deals on Xbox Live Gold yet?

I neeeed to renew but can't find anything reasonable out there other than Ebay "we'll mail you the card" deals.

Cornbread78

The more I read the thread, the more it reminds me that I'll have to be playing bad guy and stopping all the flippers/reseller from tipping over all teh displays to dump games in a carriage or portable box. Those guys are such A-holes who don't care who or what they hurt in the process... I wish they would give me a minor shock tazer to help crowd control..

Rizific

Not a good ps4 deal for me. Interested in tlou, but not GTA since I'm waiting for the PC ver. That said the x1 deals are more appealing to me.

Is Boxing Day (Dec 26) in Canada and the UK as big as Black Friday in the US? We do our fair share of shopping (and, of course, returning and exchanging) the day after Christmas in the US, but it didn't really used to be like that from I remember. Always wondered about Boxing Day in comparison.

Not a good ps4 deal for me. Interested in tlou, but not GTA since I'm waiting for the PC ver. That said the x1 deals are more appealing to me.

On a straight value perspective, the PS4 bundle is better than the X1 one due to Black Flag being worth like 20 bucks

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
but neither deserved it.

kM8XNcj.gif

The more I read the thread, the more it reminds me that I'll have to be playing bad guy and stopping all the flippers/reseller from tipping over all teh displays to dump games in a carriage or portable box. Those guys are such A-holes who don't care who or what they hurt in the process... I wish they would give me a minor shock tazer to help crowd control..
You need to wear one of those chest cameras and upload the footage.

Ateron

That's a pretty good deal. Microsoft being super agressive, and that Sony bundle is amazing. I foresee lots of trampling and fighting over consoles. Even in my country where Black Friday isn't a huge deal there are always trouble to be had. It pays off, but it's a hassle, I feel for those who work at retail.

you know it's true
You can't expect all of us to have such meticulously refined and objectively justified tastes as yourself. Its amazing that we manage to make do at all.

Can we call this the "Last Gen Bundle"?
I'm curious why some people take console generations so seriously. The games have been reworked for the new hardware and play better than ever. Games can be evergreen on PC and you can gain benefits by upgrading your hardware there (which is a cost) - I don't see why consoles get backlash for offering up the same, if not more, since these remasters also tend to come with new content or all DLC to date.

Looking through previous Black Friday years, Dell hasn't really done a lot in terms of gaming console bundles. So while it's possible the PS4 one is the mainstream bundle, it's more likely that Dell is just going hard in the paint on their own.

blackjaw

Any deals on Xbox Live Gold yet?

I neeeed to renew but can't find anything reasonable out there other than Ebay "we'll mail you the card" deals.

Pm WarLox, he sells cards for $30 over in the buy/trade thread. Good dude, I'm a happy customer.

shanew21

On a straight value perspective, the PS4 bundle is better than the X1 one due to Black Flag being worth like 20 bucks

Xbox you get a $60 game and a $20 game plus the system for $329.

PS4 you get a $60 game and a $40 game for $399.

$70 difference for a $20 game difference. The PS4 is still more expensive by $50.

Jarnet87

I think its kind of gross to attack Black Friday with a bundle that only includes next gen ports.

I'm not into the remastered games at all, but there is a market for it and so it's a good idea to bundle a console with games they know will sell.

Top Bottom