• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + GTA V + TLOU for $399 | XB1 + AC4 + ACU for $329 (Dell Black Friday ad)

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
pdkYNCk.jpg

Console sitting to the left is advertised $70 less than the bundle the thread is for. Poor guy can't catch a break.

sigh. bundles like these make me feel bad for day one purchases of consoles.

Dont feel sorry for me. I have been playing my PS4 for nearly a year. I think paying $400 for a console with no games, for the past year, is better than NOT playing my PS4 for the past year just to wait and pay $400 for a console with 2 free games.

pdkYNCk.jpg

Console sitting to the left is advertised $70 less than the bundle the thread is for. Poor guy can't catch a break.

If it was MCC, SO or FH2 on that bundle, then fine. But it has AC.

And yes, I understand that you can get one of those games and still be under 399, but I'm talking about the bundle.

SerTapTap

I wonder if Sony hasn't announced a bundle because they're betting a retailers doing it and taking the hit for them?

Probably. Though the issue with that is retailer bundles can be a lot harder to actually come by, an official bundle I would trust to stay in stock for a reasonable amount of time. If I were still looking for a PS4 I'd keep an eye on this one but would assume it'd sell out before I could get my grubby paws on it

BPoole

Hmm, I would buy TLOU on PS4 since I never played it for PS3, but I intend to buy GTAV for PC. I could probably just sell GTAV and then basically get the PS4 and TLOU for $350.

But I've also been heavily considering a Wii U + Bayo 2 and Smash.

Decisions, Decisions...

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If it was MCC, SO or FH2 on that bundle, then fine. But it has AC.

And yes, I understand that you can get one of those games and still be under 399, but I'm talking about the bundle.

If I got it, I would sell the two AC games immediately to bring the bundle to below 300.

bebop242

Black Flag was a great AC game for many people and you dont even know how Unity will turn out.

Gotta downplay the great Xbox deal though, I understand.

eh to me, and I would imagine to others as well, the PS4 bundle is attractive price wise and game wise and the Xbox bundle is only attractive price wise. It needs FH2 or SO to trump the PS4 bundle. IMO.

They really need to include one more first party title. Killzone is the perfect candidate as a tech showpiece and a free title.
Killzone needs some loving definitely. They've updated the shit out of that game's multiplayer since release too. Was thinking about a RTTP thread but figure the game would be lost in the COD and MCC release windows.

Played a bit of co-op last night and its stunning how good it looks and plays.

If not then I hope it goes PS+ soon. Guerrilla's been kicking ass with it - there's just nobody playing it ;p

Seanspeed

Banned
eh to me, and I would imagine to others as well, the PS4 bundle is attractive price wise and game wise and the Xbox bundle is only attractive price wise. It needs FH2 or SO to trump the PS4 bundle. IMO.
You can either of those games on top of the ones in the deal for less than $400 total.

ryan299

That PS4 deal is pretty good but I have no desire to play gta 5 again. Think I'm going to wait until next fall to get a bundle with uncharted. Nothing coming out for ps4, that's been announce, really exites me

Discusguy

I would have jumped into greatness if the ps4 was $299 for that deal.

Great deals all around for people that think its worth it though.

kabel

That PS4 deal is pretty good but I have no desire to play gta 5 again. Think I'm going to wait until next fall to get a bundle with uncharted. Nothing coming out for ps4, that's been announce, really exites me

Not even Bloodborne?

:O

Well neither of these deals are enough to get me to buy. I already own a PS4 though so maybe I'm just biased but I don't think it sounds all that great for a BF deal. I bet Amazon or Target or Best Buy will have something to sweeten the deals.

The X1 deal is just $20 cheaper than the current price...
But in a side-to-side comparison, is $70 less for a fairly close value.

GTA V is a big name, but so is AC. Unity also has the benefit of being brand new. AC4 v TLOU is way more subjective. TLOU is great, but doesn't have the name recognition of AC. For enthusiasts, the PS4 offering is more tasty. But I'm honestly not sure which way the mass audience would side.

Though it's ultimately pointless, since these are doorbusters and both will sell out within seconds.

RBH

The X1 deal is just $20 cheaper than the current price...

Pretty sure they made the ad prior to the $349 announcement (note the $399 "market value" price point in the ad). Not sure if that means they'll change the price of the XB1 bundle further prior to Black Friday or if they'll just leave it as is.

Seanspeed

Banned

GTA V is a big name, but so is AC. Unity also has the benefit of being brand new. AC4 v TLOU is way more subjective. TLOU is great, but doesn't have the name recognition of AC. For enthusiasts, the PS4 offering is more tasty. But I'm honestly not sure which way the mass audience would side.

Though it's ultimately pointless, since these are doorbusters and both will sell out within seconds.
I dont know we cant just say both are great deals and not make it a competition.

Servbot24

Banned

AC is not a big name next to GTA.

Top Bottom