• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 + GTA V + TLOU for $399 | XB1 + AC4 + ACU for $329 (Dell Black Friday ad)

1OKvl6Z.gif

Pretty sure they made the ad prior to the $349 announcement (note the $399 "market value" price point in the ad). Not sure if that means they'll change the price of the XB1 bundle further prior to Black Friday or if they'll just leave it as is.

Also pretty sure that Dell would have informed of the holiday promotion before it was announced. ;)

Infamous will probably be like $20-30 during Black Friday. GTA V on PS4 is going to be less than 2 weeks old.

Yeah I know. I guess I just have zero desire to replay GTA 5 so throwing this in an already 400$ bundle does nothing for me.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one in this boat.

Throw far cry 4 or a year of PSN in there though and now we're talking

orochi91

This doesn't mean much since it's only relegated to Dell.

Let me know when Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy do something similar.

NFreak

PS4 deal is great, but I can get an Xbox One for cheaper and with more stuff at Best Buy this coming Saturday without even having to wait for BF.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Pretty sure they made the ad prior to the $349 announcement (note the $399 "market value" price point in the ad). Not sure if that means they'll change the price of the XB1 bundle further prior to Black Friday or if they'll just leave it as is.

no because the extra game is what the $50 is from

$349 for ACU Bundle + $50 for AC4 -$70 discount = $329.99

Kieli

I think its kind of gross to attack Black Friday with a bundle that only includes next gen ports.

I think it's gross of Dell to include a bundle at a discount.

They need to earn maximum profit to best serve the needs and desires of their shareholders.

How are they going to do that when they're offering $110 value-bundles like this?!

Toki767

Yeah I know. I guess I just have zero desire to replay GTA 5 so throwing this in an already 400$ bundle does nothing for me.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one in this boat.

Throw far cry 4 or a year of PSN in there though and now we're talking

I would have to think you can probably very easily sell GTA V for $50.

Now that's a good deal. This is a great opportunity to pick up either of these systems if you haven't yet.can't go wrong with either. But I do feel the ps4 is the better deal because if you are not an AC fan you might not enjoy that bundle.

I dont know we cant just say both are great deals and not make it a competition.
Because that isn't the conversation that anyone is having. Console war threads get out of hand, sure. But it's still interesting to discuss comparative value.

I think in the average consumer's eye, ACU and GTA V are comparable (assuming Unity doesn't completely shit the bed). GTA's been out for a year at this point. (Though, it's also very likely a consumer played BF on last been hardware.) Either way, this bundle is very likely selling a consumer one game they already played.

Boke1879

This doesn't mean much since it's only relegated to Dell.

Let me know when Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy do something similar.

I'm sure they will do something similar and I can see even amazon being better in this regard. Maybe 2 free games of your choosing for $400?

vypek

How big of a deal is black friday usually?
I live in UK...

Absolutely huge shopping day. Its a big deal. People will line up for hours to get a deal, people sometimes get trampled or injured. Ridiculously great deals happen. Its the perfect time to strike for Christmas sales

Dell has really been pumping out a lot of great video game deals lately. I am almost tempted to get that XBO bundle and use my employee discount on it. Plus if I buy LBP3 I get a 25 dollar e-gift card. That's like 80 bucks off. Seems like a no brainer.

Don't really know why people are quoting this like it's a contradiction, the menu system alone makes MCC more than a next gen port.

The MCC is a last gen port, there is not spinning it. Is it better than normal? Hell yea, but still a last gen remaster/port.

shandy706

I think a lot of people are ignoring how hard it will probably be to get that bundle (unless every retailer does it...did I miss that?).

Those door-buster online bundles go in seconds. I managed to get in on one thing online out of like 15 I wanted last year. Doh!

It was an insane deal though...I believe it was $89 for a 36" 720p HTDV for my then 6 year old.

AC is not a big name next to GTA.

True, but one is a new game and the other is not. GTA V probably won't be much bigger than AC Unity on XB1/PS4 if it is at all because 34 million people already purchased it a year ago. I predict they will both sell around 8-10 million in the first year.

I think a lot of people are ignoring how hard it will probably be to get that bundle (unless every retailer does it...did I miss that?).

Those door-buster online bundles go in seconds. I managed to get in on one thing online out of like 15 I wanted last year. Doh!

It was an insane deal though...I believe it was $89 for a 36" 720p HTDV for my then 6 year old.
People seem to be assuming that these are identical to the offers that larger retailers will have as well. Which, I'd wager to be accurate.

That PS4 deal is great. Two great games. I would be interested in the XB1 deal if I could choose the two extra games, no interest in AC.

Kayant

Absolutely huge shopping day. Its a big deal. People will line up for hours to get a deal, people sometimes get trampled or injured. Ridiculously great deals happen. Its the perfect time to strike for Christmas sales

o_O... So most the sales for the month will come from black friday then?

Top Bottom