• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League PS4 [Soccer with cars!] Closed beta - Sign up now, Keys limited.

GAF tryna cheat the system

UYuxg6S.jpg

vgamer1

Oh. I got booted from a game with a server maintenance message, then couldn't join again.

EDIT: I see what's happening here ;)

That's truly all she wrote, folks.

NOW, servers officially down.

BShadowJ

They finally cut us the plug :(

Those were some awesome games with everyone, excellent way to send one last hurrah to the beta and this awesome game! And we kept the servers up for everyone :p Truly only this game to keep me up until 6AM... Can't wait for the montage! Thanks a lot everyone!

Dream Team HYPE

TMC

Those were some awesome games with everyone, excellent way to send one last hurrah to the beta and this awesome game! And we kept the servers up for everyone :p Can't wait for the montage! Thanks a lot everyone!

Dream Team HYPE

Yeah, I had an absolute blast. Great crowd. Can't wait to keep it going with the next beta and eventually the full game. The montage is going to be so good. Cannot wait!

Dream Team is the BEST team :)

hao chi

Those were some awesome games with everyone, excellent way to send one last hurrah to the beta and this awesome game! And we kept the servers up for everyone :p Truly only this game to keep me up until 6AM... Can't wait for the montage! Thanks a lot everyone!

Dream Team HYPE

They were down for anybody that wasn't still in a match. The servers were offline for me after I finished a match that ended at 10:04ish PST. Basically like how if an amusement park is closing but you're already in line for a ride, you get to stay and have fun for a bit longer.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
after ive gotten a code on saturday and played saturday and sunday i have to say: Holy god-damn! This Game man! Its sooo so much fun! absolutely brilliant game. Yes I know SARPBC was on PS3, but i completly missed it. I knew of its existence, i knew what the game was about, but oh boy, what did I miss.

Heres my last match yesterday. Perfect Ending for the beta. awesome last seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajSp8_bqcg

still processing apparently

Steiner84

do you guys think we will have to sign up again for the next beta or will they have everyone from this beta automatically be in?

This game is so dope!
They shozuld just straight out release it allready. I would pay good money just to be able to keep playing what we got this beta until the game is ready.

also: I think about getting SARPBC now (lol). But i dont know if its a wise decision. Im nowhere near as good as those guys flying all over and doing insane aerial manouvers. Will I still have fun with the game or do I only play against the super hardcore who continued to play this game until now?
is there a skill based matchmaking of some sort?

Steiner84

Our PS4 beta has come to an end. Thank you very much for your help. WE WILL BE BACK WITH ANOTHER BETA soon!

All existing PS4 beta testers will automatically be included in the next round.

awesome

Gumbie

Loved the beta, only thing I wish they would implement is a lone wolf (no parties) playlist. I played by myself 95% of the time and when ever me and 2 randoms went up against a party of 3 rolling together it was ugly. Towards the end of the night I was running solo and saw mike works and flunkie on the other team. Every time I would be even close to getting a shot on goal my own teammates would wildly ram me in the back or hit the ball away. Shit felt like it was 1v5.

bjaelke

Excellent. First one never really managed to capture me, but this one has been like premium crack. Might be the slower tempo.
Loved the beta, only thing I wish they would implement is a lone wolf (no parties) playlist. I played by myself 95% of the time and when ever me and 2 randoms went up against a party of 3 rolling together it was ugly. Towards the end of the night I was running solo and saw mike works and flunkie on the other team. Every time I would be even close to getting a shot on goal my own teammates would wildly ram me in the back or hit the ball away. Shit felt like it was 1v5.

3v3 isn't working for me either. Think it comes down to a lack of communication. Or people getting tired of me constantly moaning and complaining. Everyone had their own agenda which often meant cutting me off or ever so gently guiding me away from my destination.

A solution could be to have a hexangular shaped field with 6 individual - and slightly smaller - goals to cater to the lone wolves. It would be total chaos, but at least you wouldn't have to rely on other players.

I think ranked matchmaking/matching based on skill should fix this (though I don't know how they determine this). I'm curious how they will divide the playlists.

Sorry I had to quit out on you guys, I really wanted to stay but I have a job interview tomorrow and a presentation that I needed to nail.

BShadow you liar, you told us you were just okay at the game! I dont know if you were just being modest or playing mind games to put my guard down, but you kicked ass lol

4v4 was fun, I would usually play defense and it's just so funny to see 7 other cars congregating over the ball to try and hit it. Like a bunch of ball-worshipping piranhas.

I am very eager to see the other maps. Looking at SSARPBC, there were some neat interesting non-standard maps: For example, one of them was more like a giant curve shape, where the goal posts were on the same axis from each other but separated by a giant curved field (think of Sidewinder from Halo), but the cool thing was that the goals themselves had exit paths wrapped into the enemy's goalpost!

Another pirate themed map had a huge ramp that wrapped around and above the goal posts.

I imagine the beta map was a solid representation of a more serious, standard map that you can expect to see for ranked modes. Personally, I would prefer if different shaped maps were put in another playlist. The beta map is pretty damn perfect in terms of feeling like a serious, competitive arena.

Speaking of competition, I am dying to see pro gameplay. Just a straight up match of the top players, just to see how crazy competitive the defense and offense can look. I swear if this was made into an e-sport, I'd watch the hell out of it.

We on GAF at least need to run a tournament!

BShadowJ

They were down for anybody that wasn't still in a match. The servers were offline for me after I finished a match that ended at 10:04ish PST. Basically like how if an amusement park is closing but you're already in line for a ride, you get to stay and have fun for a bit longer.

Yeah we checked this post and their twitter and I got it, but in my mind, you were all able to keep playing while we held that ball ;)

The moment we lost connection:

https://youtu.be/Os17swGVdLE

Ah the final moments of the beta. I already miss it so much...

I think ranked matchmaking/matching based on skill should fix this (though I don't know how they determine this). I'm curious how they will divide the playlists.

Sorry I had to quit out on you guys, I really wanted to stay but I have a job interview tomorrow and a presentation that I needed to nail.

BShadow you liar, you told us you were just okay at the game! I dont know if you were just being modest or playing mind games to put my guard down, but you kicked ass lol

4v4 was fun, I would usually play defense and it's just so funny to see 7 other cars congregating over the ball to try and hit it. Like a bunch of ball-worshipping piranhas.

I am very eager to see the other maps. Looking at SSARPBC, there were some neat interesting non-standard maps: For example, one of them was more like a giant curve shape, where the goal posts were on the same axis from each other but separated by a giant curved field (think of Sidewinder from Halo), but the cool thing was that the goals themselves had exit paths wrapped into the enemy's goalpost!

Another pirate themed map had a huge ramp that wrapped around and above the goal posts.

I imagine the beta map was a solid representation of a more serious, standard map that you can expect to see for ranked modes. Personally, I would prefer if different shaped maps were put in another playlist. The beta map is pretty damn perfect in terms of feeling like a serious, competitive arena.

Speaking of competition, I am dying to see pro gameplay. Just a straight up match of the top players, just to see how crazy competitive the defense and offense can look. I swear if this was made into an e-sport, I'd watch the hell out of it.

We on GAF at least need to run a tournament!

I swear I don't think I'm anything special... probably because I get my butt kicked by those REALLY good players that like can nail every single aerial ball into the goal and got traumatized into thinking I wasn't any good LOL
Also, to be fair, I was also thinking that the higher ping to the US would make me play worse too, but no, I feel that the game's netcode is actually really really good, I only noticed it when there were like 4 guys bumping into the ball at the same time and it did a very sudden change of direction, but other than that, it was completely fine.
Thanks though, maybe a little more and I'll believe I'm good :p

Yeah I hope some different shaped maps come out too, but I think I remember seeing somewhere (maybe this thread?) that the maps that would come out in the beginning would all be of standard shape so...
free Utopia, Galleon and Cosmic DLC please? :)

And yes I agree this game has the makings to be a great e-sport, I mean, it's easy to watch and to follow, everyone knows the rules and the objective, and boy can those godlike players do stuff with the ball... I think it'd be awesome! And meanwhile yes we can totally show of the potential by having our very own GAF tournament! :p

M.W.

Same. Hoping there still is a population playing it online (assuming as much).

(Just checked and had purchased this on my PS3 before, woohoo!).

Just checked online population and only one 2v2 game currently happening.

Is there any sp?

I would go back to play the original to help the wait, but then again I don't want to play them both back to back like that because I know the little changes in physics will bother me.

Zoracka

Is there any sp?

There are bots, split screen with bots and a pretty big challenge mode, where you can must do all sort of stuff like defending the goal while multiple cannons shoot, 1 vs 2 matches and so on. It's a good way to get a grasp on the controls and an introduction to advanced play.

I also believe there's a tournament mode (career) against bots, but I'm not sure.

hydruxo

Hmm that's strange, I played 3v3 solo during the beta almost exclusively and never had a problem with teammates. I mean sometimes I'd get rammed by teammates, but it's more because the game is so hectic and people are boosting all over the place rather than a lack of communication. I'd just try and cross the ball to the middle for my teammates when I couldn't get an open shot on my own and that seemed to work pretty well. Playing with randoms went fine whenever I played, seemed like we were getting wins most of the time.

Steiner84

Same. Hoping there still is a population playing it online (assuming as much).

(Just checked and had purchased this on my PS3 before, woohoo!).

Just checked online population and only one 2v2 game currently happening.

holy shit, same for me. dunno how, but I have the game allready..
was it in plus?

edit: ah, nvm, was the demo lol

GeeDuhb

I got into the Beta and played Friday-Sunday...and had an absolute blast! I had never heard about this game before I saw this thread on Wed or Thurs of last week and signed up for the beta. So glad I did! This was probably legitimately the most fun I have had with a game in a while.

I think what I love the most about it is, the controls are so simple and the games are so short/fast paced, but there is SO much depth to the game! I never even realized there was a double jump until last night, and suddenly I was playing on another level. I totally felt as though I got better every game I played. I can't wait until the next beta and I will definitely have to get in on some GAF action with you guys.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can a Dev answer on whether or not there will be a 4 pack on Steam? Would be wise and I would be in for at least 1.

Top Bottom