• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Far Cry 4 = Q1 2014, Rainbow Six Vita, AC3:L -> PSN/XBLA, [Tom Clancy's Rogue]

VanWinkle

AC3L doesn't surprise me at all. I figured it would have happened eventually.

Here's hoping Rainbow Six on Vita is a) Good, and b) Announced soon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Far Cry 3 ensured I won't be jumping in on Far Cry 4 until I've played a demo or read very positive impressions from people I trust.

"Far Cry 1 HD" ?

What is that going to be like ? Not only was the first Far Cry already in HD seeing as it was a PC game, but they even remade it for the 360. Are they going to remake it once again ? Maybe port it to Far Cry 3/4's engine ? That would be badass.

-BLITZ-

Far Cry 1 HD & Far Cry 4 ?!

What else do I need more from Ubisoft, but oh man, I starting to miss the African settings so much. Some winters settings placed in some locations, mountains or somewhere, similar to Just Cause will be great as well.

Rainbow 6 Vita would be very welcome indeed. Doubly so if there's a 'Terrorist Hunt' mode.

OMG portable Thunt would be awesome. This better not mean that R6P is going to be a current gen game though. Main game needs to be PS4/XB1 and make the Vita game some kind of side story type game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Far Cry 1 HD & Far Cry 4 ?!

What else do I need more from Ubisoft, but sheesh man, I starting to miss the African settings so much. Some winters settings placed in some locations, mountains or somewhere, similar to Just Cause will be great as well.

Well, Clint Hocking works at Valve now, so in 2050 you might get your Africa-set FPS.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Far Cry 3 ensured I won't be jumping in on Far Cry 4 until I've played a demo or read very positive impressions from people I trust.

Same here. I don't think I'd enjoy another Far Cry 3 at all and it makes me wonder realistically what they can do in just over a year. I distinctly remember reading somewhere that Ubisoft said they found their 'formula' for Far Cry so I can only see them being pretty similar from now on. No thanks.

Was Liberation any good?

It was great.
3AQmK.gif

Just finished Far Cry 3 last night at like 2am and it was phenomenal, my GOTY. The gun play, the characters, story, graphics, voice-acting, everything was awesome. Can't wait for FC4.

I'll gladly take Far Cry 4 if the writers of 3 are kept as far away as possible.
This.

So much squandered potential with Vaas' character. He showed up what, three times during the 20 hour campaign?

Jason Brody was terrible as well. Not sure why Ubisoft thought anyone would want to play as that beta male.

Ridley327

I liked AC Liberations up until it corrupted my save. There was a patch but it didn't fix mine.

Patches generally don't fix what's already been broken; they just make it so that it doesn't happen to you again.

I got hit with one of those bugs, too; thankfully, I had uploaded a previous save to the cloud, so I didn't lose much progress.

This.

So much squandered potential with Vaas' character. He showed up what, three times during the 20 hour campaign?

Jason Brody was terrible as well. Not sure why Ubisoft thought anyone would want to play as that beta male.

How was Jason Brody terrible? I'll never get that. Durrr he's got spiked hair, he's good-looking, he's white, he's a d-bag! He was fine, he barely said any d-bag things the entire game. The voice actor did a solid job. Hyperbole up the wazoo.

ezekial45

Banned
They have the 1666 team working with the UbiMontreal team for FC4, which explains the fast tracking. FC3 sold 5 million, and they're going in hard for the next one. I just hope they've got a solid concept for it.

Ridley327

They have the 1666 team working with the UbiMontreal team for FC4, which explains the fast tracking. FC3 sold 5 million, and they're going in hard for the next one. I just hope they've got a solid concept for it.

Well, at least they haven't ended up as an AssCreed bitch dev.

Yet.

What i meant regarding to vita was that liberation was coming to psn/xbla.

And here is some new info. Black flag is being developed by 11 ubisoft studios. The next title in the franchisee is code named unity. Far cry 1 hd is coming soon. Far cry 4 is targeting q1 2014 release an ubi have a new nexgen ip in the works titled the crew.

Ubisoft has already said Black Flag is being worked on by 8 studios. Dunno why they'd lie about that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hey,

Whatever happened to AC: Rising Phoenix?

Interesting. I'd get AC Liberation for PSN/XBLA. I think that's too soon for a new Far Cry 4 though. They should give it a little more space from 3.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

God, I didn't even think of this. Fast track dem Far Crys. Rejig the island theme add more pointless bar filling and disconnected micro mechanics.

Will they fix the story in Liberation? Because it was a hot mess. Not sure a Revelations style treatment will help that. I did enjoy the game though, nice protagonist.

iso135

Loved Far Cry 3, but way too soon for me to want Far Cry 4.

As others have said, I would hope for different writers (only part of FC3 I didn't care for.)

I loved Far Cry 3 for the most part. The QTE boss fights were very disappointing and I felt that the story kind of fell apart at the very end. I'm still curious where they will go with the 4th game. It would of been cool if at the end of 3
Jason BROdy went completely insane and ended up being the main enemy in the next game

RedSwirl

With the touch screen, Vita might be a good fit for a tactical shooter. I could see the game having a kind of overhead tac map that you could touch to issue orders. It's probably just gonna be another third person shooter where you give limited commands to two other guys though, if even that.

"Far Cry 1 HD" ?

What is that going to be like ? Not only was the first Far Cry already in HD seeing as it was a PC game, but they even remade it for the 360. Are they going to remake it once again ? Maybe port it to Far Cry 3/4's engine ? That would be badass.

I was under the impression that the 360 version was actually a whole different game. According to Wiki the 360 version is actually just an HD remake of the two Xbox games, which were supposedly heavily redesigned from the PC version to accommodate the limitations of the original Xbox. I don't think the true Far Cry 1 has ever actually been released on a console.

As for Far Cry 4, I hear Ubisoft talking about FC3's open-world free-form gameplay approach being successful and that they want to go further in that direction in future games, including Black Flag.

ezekial45

Banned
God, I didn't even think of this. Fast track dem Far Crys. Rejig the island theme add more pointless bar filling and disconnected micro mechanics.
Probably. Those kinds of things are effective, but I just hope they do a better job of balancing things out. Thankfully it's not coming out this year, as this will be a cross gen title, I'm assuming. I'm sure they'll do fine with this next one. They probably have like six other studios working on it.

Top Bottom