• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Far Cry 4 = Q1 2014, Rainbow Six Vita, AC3:L -> PSN/XBLA, [Tom Clancy's Rogue]

I hope you asked kaycee before you split bump this, Nirolak.

I know if I was an insider and I was just replying and throwing out info at random threads, I would be a little upset if that post got made into a whole new thread. Not saying you're wrong if you created the new thread without his permission, it's a public forum, he posted the info, he knew the risks, but it would be a little courteous to him to ask first, IMO.

EDIT: Nevermind the above. Good deal, Niro.

Read the second post in this thread

Thanks

I hope you asked kaycee before you split bump this, Nirolak.

I know if I was an insider and I was just replying and throwing out info at random threads, I would be a little upset if that post got made into a whole new thread. Not saying you're wrong if you created the new thread without his permission, it's a public forum, he posted the info, he knew the risks, but it would be a little courteous to him to ask first, IMO.

Read the second post in this thread

ezekial45

Banned
Man, what kind of disaster was RSP? Yeesh, it had a GI reveal, press events, and now it's been a no show. What the hell happened?

jmizzal

I wonder if AC Liberation is coming to WiiU too, since the Rayman Legends preorder costume for WiiU is from AC Liberation.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'd assume Liberation is better than the other AC handhelds titles but it's pretty far off from AC2 and Brotherhood.

Ridley327

I'd assume Liberation is better than the other AC handhelds titles but it's pretty far off from AC2 and Brotherhood.

A bit of an understatement, but a fair observation. It's definitely the handheld title they've spent the most time on, but it's still a hot mess in every department.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not surprised to see that AC3:L is making the leap to consoles. I'm curious to see how it'll be received, as I personally felt it wasn't much better than previous handheld installments. Certainly, a much bigger game in terms of money thrown on it, but it's filled with a lot of really bad implementations of decent ideas.

At least it'd be able to run at 30-60FPS, though?

ugh... one year to make a new game?

Why can't publishers give these guys at least 2 years? The quality is shit with just a year.

How these pubs normally do it is by having another team handle each entry. So technically every game is given at least two years despite seeing a yearly release.

Edit: Or throw alot of people on it. 1, 666 people on one title? Wow.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I've heard Far Cry 4 is Q4 2014, and I believe it's a new setting. So a 15-month dev cycle seems a little far fetched for me.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Not surprised to see that AC3:L is making the leap to consoles. I'm curious to see how it'll be received, as I personally felt it wasn't much better than previous handheld installments. Certainly, a much bigger game in terms of money thrown on it, but it's filled with a lot of really bad implementations of decent ideas.

The main character in ACL is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Connor. Everything else is kinda shit though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Saying Aveline is a fantastic character is a bit much. She's fine (and supposedly much better than Connor from what I've heard), but her story development is still lacking from what I've played.

UberTag

Ubisoft please don't turn Farcry into a yearly thing. Don't ruin it like you did Assassin's Creed. Please?
Didn't you know? EVERY EA, Ubisoft and Activision game is now an annualized franchise.
You wanted to play the same game every 12 months, right? Why wouldn't you? That would be crazy!

Ridley327

The main character in ACL is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Connor. Everything else is kinda shit though.

That's really bad, then, since I thought Aveline was the most wooden and uninteresting protagonist since Altair in the original.

Saying Aveline is a fantastic character is a bit much. She's fine (and supposedly much better than Connor from what I've heard), but her story development is still lacking from what I've played.

I don't understand why they bothered with the intro if they were never, ever going to elaborate how she went from being a slave to being in the lap of luxury.

SOMETHING BAD IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO AVELINE *black screen, time skip* Guess not!

SmokyDave

I own a Vita and never even bothered with Liberation.
Same. Mind you, I gave up halfway through AC1, bought AC2 twice and never played more than about 3 hours and I recently picked up AC3 for the 'Off-TV' feature of the Wii-U and then gave that up after a couple of hours.

The AC franchise just ain't for me.

I don't understand why they bothered with the intro if they were never, ever going to elaborate how she went from being a slave to being in the lap of luxury.

SOMETHING BAD IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO AVELINE *black screen, time skip* Guess not!

They don't elaborate on anything!!! I found myself scratching my head wondering why is she even in this location. At the bolded, so true lol.

ULTROS!

Aveline's "love story" was like a 'wat' to me.

I really really hope you keep your expectations low if you're planning to get this game guys. It's not even comparable to AC2 and Brotherhood, probably even Revelations (not sure since I gave up early on).

Barakov

I'll probably give Liberation a shot. Hopefully, the performance is better for the PSN/XBLA versions.

I'm less interested in FC4, though. FC3 was just too busy with how over designed it was. The story and its' characters also didn't do the game any favors. It's a shame because exploring that setting was pretty great.

I'm super interested in seeing in what the new Rainbow 6 is like.

I tought Rainbow Six Patriots was cancelled...
No but they did get rid of all the creative people behind the amazing concept and fantastic trailer they showed. No one knows whats up with it, but hopefully it is still in development and is shown at E3. There is a lot of talk about it becoming a next gen game.

Calvarok

Banned
I suppose Far Cry 4 in just over a year after Far Cry 3 is the trade-off of getting titles like Blood Dragon. They keep their core team working on the next numbered title.

I would assume they were working on it in parallel if it's coming so soon.

Artorias

Banned
Goddamn it would be funny if they put AC3:L on PSN/XBLA. It's one of the worst games I've ever played, though I realize godawful gameplay has never bothered AC fans before.

Ridley327

Aveline's "love story" was like a 'wat' to me.

I really really hope you keep your expectations low if you're planning to get this game guys. It's not even comparable to AC2 and Brotherhood, probably even Revelations (not sure since I gave up early on).

There's so many head-scratching plot elements to this game. The stuff that does actually get elaborated on (what REALLY happened in some of those boss cutscenes when you do the stupid glitch shit) is so uninteresting and pointless.

"You mean to tell me that the guy who is already clearly evil is 5% more evil than the game originally let on to being? WOW!!!"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's so many head-scratching plot elements to this game. The stuff that does actually get elaborated on (what REALLY happened in some of those boss cutscenes when you do the stupid glitch shit) is so uninteresting and pointless.

"You mean to tell me that the guy who is already clearly evil is 5% more evil than the game originally let on to being? WOW!!!"

"You mean to tell me
White daddy momma
is the big evil? WOW WHAT?"

JoeM86

I was hoping AC3:L would come out, though I was personally hoping for the Wii U eShop, but I guess I can go with XBLA. Hope it turns out to be true. Even though it gets negative reviews and comments about it, I love the franchise and am willing to give it a go, if it's not ridiculously priced

How can this not be an utter clusterfuck?

Epic Project Management(TM) man... have faith, bro. Dem cross-continent dev tools.

Seriously, Ubisoft handles its studios pretty good. They have the resources, they have the tools and they developed their production pipeline over the years. Nothing wrong in spreading the work across multiple studios - if you mange it correctly.
which, IMHO, they've done pretty good so far.

Hey guys.

If Liberation comes out on XBLA/PSN i'd suggest not buying it. I have a Vita and beat that game...it was probably the worst game I played last year. I mean, at least the framerate wouldn't be 15-20 FPS on XBLA/PSN but....still. It's not a very good game.

BibiMaghoo

Click the little arrow next to the quote:

Hip-Hop-Beats-MindBlown.png

On topic, part of me is a bit miffed that AC:L is coming to other platforms, as it was part of my reason to buy the Vita, meaning it is somewhat diminished.

But obviously, it is good that other people now get to play it, and I am a bad person.

Top Bottom