• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF5 Collector's Edition and Pre Order Costumes Announced

I just noticed these are retailer exclusive preorder DLC. I hope they become available down the line because fuck I need bearded Ryu.

Love Chun's hair in her new alt, though I don't love the costume itself.

Cammy's is by far my favorite though. Ryu and Bison look sooooo cool though. Kinda wish these were the new main costumes for everyone though (with maybe the exception of Chun), especially Ryu.

So PC players are shafted? I want that Cammy alt soooo bad, though. :(

At least this bodes well with how good alts will look? Most of SF4's are shit.

Scotia

Banned
Bearded Ryu should've been his default outfit. I'm probably gonna have to pre-order from fucking GAME aren't I?

Trickster

I'd fully expect that these will be some of the costumes that they let you earn with fight money. Although there will likely be an exclusivity window for them.

That would definitely make it a non issue for me. And of course, it kinda is overall given that it's just 4 costumes and there will obviously be many more. I just happen to really like the Cammy one :p

Jebusman

Banned
bc809d75800668f4484296d310b7779e.jpg

b6c0eb1fc7974f341fbcd0c38e39a138.gif

XenoRaven

Any word on if these costumes will be available for purchase?

Retailer exclusive bonuses are really shitty. What's even more shitty is that my favorite character's alt is locked behind a digital preorder. I'm actually one of those dinosaurs that might bring a Street Fighter disc to a friend's house to play it.

stn

Skipping on the CE, will acquire the costumes as they become available. The alts look good so far!

farisr

Hate retailer exclusive DLC crap. Especially since of course they're gonna charge for them otherwise. If there are going to be preorder bonuses, they should be the same everywhere or these types of things should become free down the line.

Garlador

As much as I will forever hate retailer exclusive DLC and costumes, apparently SOMEONE benefits from it. Just not players. Ever. Ugh.

That being said... Why isn't bearded Ryu his default look? Best look for him ever.

Highly unlikely, but I do hope we can "earn" the other costumes. Hate being punished for supporting the game by buying it day one, but I didn't buy it from Target or Best Buy or Walmart or Gamestop or Amazon or PSN or whatever...

Seiniyta

You shouldn't worry at all. These will be sold later digitally 100% sure. It's Capcom.

I do wonder though if they'll be available on steam right away. I was never a fan of Cammy's design but that alt is like really amazing. Makes her from an 'okay' to a "oh my god, I need this!"

You shouldn't worry at all. These will be sold later digitally 100% sure. It's Capcom.

I do wonder though if they'll be available on steam right away. I was never a fan of Cammy's design but that alt is like really amazing. Makes her from an 'okay' to a "oh my god, I need this!"

The goggles do something.

KingBroly

Banned
I fucking hate retailer-exclusive costumes.

Any chance these will be available for paid DLC later?

The stuff for previous Capcom games were, so I have to imagine these will as well.

FYI: I hate the CE. I think the statue looks terrible and overall not worth it. The Cammy costume on the other hand...

Top Bottom