• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SF5 Collector's Edition and Pre Order Costumes Announced

vg260

Ryu's is awesome. Too bad it's from Gamestop.

Store-specific content is the worst.

I'm sure these will all be coming for everyone to buy, but it's still incredibly annoying.

Edzi

It's a shame that said Ryu costume isn't his default. Though if I recall, this game is in between 4 & 3, so it wouldn't make much sense for such a radical change (even if Ken can be brought up as a counter to this argument).

I thought the game's place in the timeline hasn't been confirmed yet?

BadWolf

I dunno, I'm sure it must have come up a few times. Ken was pretty iconic too, and he got a pretty big overhaul.

Ryu is the face of SF though.

I mean look at that SFV promo art with Ryu and his crossed arms, those red gloves etc.

Now imagine that poster with this bearded Ryu outfit, would it have nearly as much of an impact on the fans, advertising etc.?

http://images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/gregaman/bc809d75800668f4484296d310b7779e.jpg?v=202200[IMG]

Sort of looks like Joel from The Last of Us

[IMG]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--a7P5jtCq--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/198qj0pvzn5wqgif.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
YES!

That's exactly who I was thinking of but couldn't put a name to the face!

Hopefully these get released soon after release. I really want that Bipson costume but I can't pass up the GCU discount and rewards. These costumes should be unlockable in game eventually I'd assume?

jacobeid

Banned
At least Best Buy's pre-order includes the Cammy costume considering she was my first main in SF4 before I caught the Rose fever in AE v. 2012.

Jigorath

Banned
Hate this retailer exclusive crap. I'll go with Best Buy but I hope they don't take too long to make the rest of the costumes available.

notworksafe

I prefer the vanilla face. Alt skin face makes her look younger

Her regular face doesn't really look like that anymore anyway

tumblr_nsmu381mWF1tknsllo1_500.png

Was hoping cammy's first alt would put some damn pants on her

Only love Ryu's out of this batch. Bison looks kinda goofy and Chun's isn't as classy as her SFIV dress.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the end of August some sort of deadline for something?

End of the "Fiscal Year" for most businesses, so publishers are announcing their "next year" of titles/stuff.

Also retail exclusive outfits needs to die a thousand deaths already. If anything that makes me not want to pre-order, Capcom.

Hubb

I prefer the vanilla face. Alt skin face makes her look younger

I don't know. To me the only two things are her eyes are much brighter and she doesn't have a serious/angry look on her face. In motion I'm sure it looks the same.

VariantX

Would be cool if these things went on sale later as a means of additional funding for tournament prizes the same way WB/NRS did for MK and MS/IG did for KI

SgtCobra

Cammy's face looks much better now imo. Gimme dat anime look.
Love all the alts, Chun li a bit too much (reminds me of Mai Shiranui) and Ryu's should be the standard one heh.

Capcom better let me buy this stuff from PSN as Gamestop and Amazon don't exist in The Netherlands.

tariniel

Hopefully there's some way to get these outside of pre-orders because that Bison alt is pretty awesome looking, but I plan to buy for PC.

NastyBook

Twitch One-Month Subscription to Capcom Fighters channel
Hope this doesn't expire so I can break it out after SFV has a few CPT tournaments under its belt that are worth watching (archives).

EDIT: Wow, we finally get to see the definition in Chun's thighs that signifies her destructive kicking power. You can't see it as well with her stockings/pantyhose on, but it's probably been represented best in SFV.

DTJAAAAM

Sticking with the regular edition. Liking the Chun-Li and Cammy alts, but wish the former wasn't a digital purchase exclusive.

vg260

hopefully they'll sell these costumes on ps store or something down the line, that ryu really is something

They will. It's just a question of when. They did retailer-specific pre-order costumes for Super SF4 and UMvC3 and all became available later.

Papacheeks

Banned
Anyone know when this is suppose to hit retailer sites for pre-order?

I have to go and cancel my Blops 3 preorder tonight, and wouldn't mind putting money down on this and Uncharted 4 Collectors edition.

Top Bottom