• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Season 5 |OT| I was here last season, where the hell were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

The writers sure love Lips.

Frank's plot is a rehash of that one plot from S3(2?).

The only thing I liked was Carl's part, but that's because it means less Carl, hopefully.

The writers sure love Lips.

Frank's plot is a rehash of that one plot from S3(2?).

The only thing I liked was Carl's part, but that's because it means less Carl, hopefully.
For you and anyone else wondering. Carl's actor asked to be let off early so that he could go back to school.

Van Owen

Banned
That was easily my favourite episode since the S3 finale. So good!

Sasha Alexander looks absolutely incredible for 42. Hell, she looks better than most of the younger women in this show.

Yeah, hope she's on the rest of the season. Sexy as hell.

elfinke

Cracking episode. They really let off some pent up dramatic steam with it and went all in with the over top-ness.

Carl had some good moments, all to his own and has taken a fairly dramatic turn. I understand the actor needs time away from the screen, but I hope the show can find time to follow he and Chuckie in the gaol now that they're seemingly on opposite sides (of the bus, at the very least).

Though I didn't care much for fucking Frank hitting a (relative) homerun with Bianca like that. Fucking Frank. Fuck.

gabbo

It looks like Kev and V will finally mend things (...after the fight over his sleeping with a lot of coeds of course), which is great.
Sasha Alexander, so hot. Not sure how I feel about Lip's angel investor swooping in to save the day, but if it allows him to grow away from the family, I'm all for it.

Hopefully Frank's story doesn't follow the same path as the previous time he did this, hell. I hope it doesn't get anything close to romantic.Would ruin the fun dynamic they have going.

Hatchtag

Banned
Having never checked out anything about this show on the internet and having watched all of it straight through recently-why do people not like Carl?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Having never checked out anything about this show on the internet and having watched all of it straight through recently-why do people not like Carl?
I don't think many people actively dislike him. Fans of the show either find him amusing or don't care about him. He's much like Frank in that they're both terrible people, but they're always so consistently hilarious in their horribleness that you just go along with it.

I think carl is more sympathetic because of this age and because he's suffering the most from the lack of a proper role model. If Ian were healthy and remained in school, Carl would probably be following him rather than Frank.

But yeah I usually find his antics pretty humorous even if he is a piece of shit.

Fuu

Speaking of horribleness, Frank's comment when he was walking up the stairs after they took Carl was simultaneously irritating and entertaining.

Fiona: I'm gonna go see the lawyer, try to get Carl home as soon as possible.
Frank: It's a tragedy when a young man ends up behind prison bars.
Fiona: Bad parenting.
Frank: Oh, don't blame yourself.

The nerve. Lmao.

Karu

Looking at this season in particular, I still think it's not that far-fetched that Shameless is counted as a Comedy. S4 was overload-drama sure, but that was rather an outlier-season. Last two episodes were straight up hilarious. Carl's storyline was great and Sammy going Berserk was awesome, although it's kinda tragic, because opposed to the Gallaghers, she is theoretically in the right here.

Fuu

Yep, Shameless is at its best when it has you switching between laughing out loud and feeling emotional throughout a single episode, sometimes in the same scene.

OT but this scene from s05e08 got me hollering:

b4kufz.gif

someday

Banned
I think carl is more sympathetic because of this age and because he's suffering the most from the lack of a proper role model. If Ian were healthy and remained in school, Carl would probably be following him rather than Frank.

But yeah I usually find his antics pretty humorous even if he is a piece of shit.

Carl has definitely suffered without a role model or father figure. He really needed something. I can't hate him either because of the scenes with him and Frank over the years. The kid has a heart, just no one decent to give it to.

And the swastika was a stroke of genius by Sammy.

Klocker

Preview:
shit was that Monica Ian had as a visitor?

Also Sammi. Wow, and good for Lip and fucking Fiona.. Lol

Hatchtag

Banned
They don't have to do anything to fuck Sammi. She's without her RV, the homer's not under her name, her kid's in juvie, the Gallagher family now despises her, Sheila's left and didn't like her anyways, and Frank doesn't give a shit about her. She's already fucked.

Preview:
shit was that Monica Ian had as a visitor?

Also Sammi. Wow, and good for Lip and fucking Fiona.. Lol

Looked like it. Guessing
if Sammi stays next season, it's gonna be through befriending Monica.

Snorlocs

lol, I screamed out "bloodclaaaawt" at the end of this episode and woke my grandmother up. If Sammi doesn't end up murdered by next season I would genuinely be surprised

leng jai

No breasts in this episode so...1/10.

Just kidding - I wanted more screen time for Frank and the doc though. Debbie's storyline is terribad and Fiona's looks to be just recycled for the 10th time.

Anyone know what the song was that played near the end?

No breasts in this episode so...1/10.

Just kidding - I wanted more screen time for Frank and the doc though. Debbie's storyline is terribad and Fiona's looks to be just recycled for the 10th time.

Anyone know what the song was that played near the end?
Go to the Shameless episode guide on Showtime's website and there'll be a list of songs used in each episode.

Snorlocs

What I don't get is why sammi is actively endangering her own life. Doesn't she think about what will happen to chucky if fiona or micky kill her? Then again does sammi really ever think?

Rootbeer

Banned
Great episode... I thought Deb's boyfriend was pretty genuine until this episode. Maybe he's just gonna bang and then drop her.

No Carl this episode was a bummer though, I thought we were going to see some juvie scenes this ep. And now it looks like they may be getting out by next episode.

So Debbie is going to get pregnant, right?

They pretty much beat you over the head with foreshadowing when Deb was in one scene, then they cut to Kev's babies. The real question is if she knows or tells her family and if she is going to keep it, abort it, or put it up for adoption.

leng jai

I'm thinking abortion.

Someone should have told her the pill doesn't work an hour after you start taking it.

The doctor clearly told her it would take 48 hours. She even said to the guy that she was on the pill and didn't need him to use a condom. Looked more like she wanted to get pregnant.

Debbie definitely planned to go bare. The conversation she had in the park with the woman talking about making a family of her choosing was heavy foreshadowing.

Also, Sammi can go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom