• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Season 7 |OT| Screwed in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Emmy Rossum is demanding equal pay as William H Macy for a possible 8th Season of Shameless. Apparently Macy has always earned more then everyone else on the show and would get a big raise for a possible 8th season, which would put him "in the upper echelon of cable dramas"

I hope she gets it, Emmy Rossum deserves it.

Hopefully they would something out soon and we get a renewal announcement soon.

I wonder if Macy is enough of a draw for the show still that he'd need to get a raise. Or maybe he is also doing more stuff behind the camera

Shameless has been Emmy's show for a while now. Macy has played an amusing but ultimately sidelined character. So she definitely deserves that raise.

What I'm not sure about is if Showtime would want to pay this substantially inflated salary to Macy, and then match that for Emmy and I'm guessing the rest of the cast will get some sort of pay bump too. The show is not popular enough to afford a massive rise in cost is it?

dickroach

best episode in years. interesting to see where this season took everyone after a shitty start.
everything's wrapping up nicely.

Let's see.

Predictions
Debbie becomes a welder and becomes the only one with her shit together.

Fiona turns the building she bought into an apartment complex/nightclub with DJ's in the mailroom.

Ian continues to be unable to maintain a relationship.

Lip gets handed even more oprtunities but keeps fucking them all up.

V files for divorce from Svetlana and she looses her green card and gets deported. They get the bar back in the divorce.

Jeels

Finally caught up. This season's been on fire. I wasn't feeling this show for a while but I really feel like it can keep going. There's so much room for these characters and the extended cast to grow.

Taruranto

I guess Mickey reintroduction was to give Mickey/Ian fans proper closure, but the whole thing was pretty awful to watch. I remember Ian and Mickey break up being pretty nonsensical and I don't remember Ian being much interested in him after that, so it was just weird for them to be super into each other again.

I think this (NSFW) is pretty much what the Ian and Mickey fans always wanted. But it was probably never going to happen.

I'm at least glad they realized that how they first spun the breakup didn't really work, and that they at least tried to partially retcon it so it made more sense.

jrush64

Banned
Damn what a great episode. Sad ending too. Poor Frank. The best parts of this show are when the family are together just hanging out.

gabbo

Man that ending. I expected Mickey to die at the border, or maybe Edda from the drugs but... damn.
Frank is going to be more of a shell of a man than he already was.

That episode at least started some Gallaghers on the right path, though I dont know how Fiona is going to fuck up the whole flippiong property thing down the line, but she will.
Still Lip getting his shit in order, Ian doing the right thing albeit in Texas, even Debbie and her shitty storyline wasn't in the way. If they had only ended it on the party..

wapplew

am I the only one who likes Frank? So much more interesting than Fiona and Lip going in circles

I like all of them, it's why I watch the show. Don't care the plot is crap or not progress, love all the characters especially Lip and Kev.

Bladenic

Happy Emmy got what she wanted. She deserves it. The fact that she hasn't been as nominated for her role as Macy definitely sucks though, since she deserves all the awards too.

Klocker

She deserves it especially considering this is her only chance to cash in.

Unfortunately men, like WHM can earn big into their 60's where as she will be overlooked for roles as soon as she hits 40.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, that was a fantastic finale. Emmy really crushed it, and seeing Monica go was way more imotional than I thought it would be.

I'm a little bugged out that they let the Svetlana/Kev/V storyline drift for next season, but I'm was still pleased with how it ended.

I caught up on about 2 months of episodes on the dvr last dew days and was about to give up a few episodes ago when it looked like once again mostly everyone was going to fuck their lives up yet again (ie lip relapse and Ian going with mickey, Monica coming back) thank christ they finally had them realize they were bad and seemingly trying to do good.

Kev was an mvp this season. Very funny.

Good finale

Damn.... I was teary eyed by the end ;_;

Some parts of this series are way too relatable to me and my family. Good finale. See ya next year!

I liked Debbie welding, making eyes at the teacher.

Frank attacking Debs, I thought they guys were going to kill him after that move.

Klocker

Good season.

Been watching the series over again with my gf, slowly. Amazing how far this show has come. It is a treat re watching it.

Take a bow, WHM. I teared up a bit during his part at the funeral.
10 bucks says they have to dig Monica back up next season and grab the meth Fiona hid because she needs the money.

http://imgur.com/a/HFRqX

edit: If we didn't know season 8 was happening this would have been a great way to end the series.

Amazing finale, amazing season. Shameless remains one of my favorite shows on television. It will be second only to Rectify in my top ten for the year.

vypek

Take a bow, WHM. I teared up a bit during his part at the funeral.
10 bucks says they have to dig Monica back up next season and grab the meth Fiona hid because she needs the money.

http://imgur.com/a/HFRqX

edit: If we didn't know season 8 was happening this would have been a great way to end the series.

Your spoiler section was a similar thought I had too. Lol. I could definitely see it happening

OrionX

This is reminding me that I need to get caught up on this show. Haven't watched the last couple of seasons, shameful I know.

I'm sure this seems random, since y'all are way ahead of me, but Fiona's scene with her mother from way back is still one of my favorite moments in television. It felt so raw and real. Has Emmy seriously not won an emmy yet?

tumblr_nrck9mqbkZ1u2yi3fo3_250.gif

Bluth54

Very strong finale. It felt like it could of worked as a series finale if needed but I'm so happy the show is coming back.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What an amazing finale. Once again this show begs the question, WHY THE FUCK ARENT MORE PEOPLE WATCHING THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom