• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Season 6 |OT| Just Family Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Frank lol. Never change Frank, never change.

I also love the fact that The Alibi is turning into a modern bar now with the help of the hipsters hah. It's so true too!

Well, there goes Will Sasso lmao. Good job Kev!

aparisi2274

Debbie needs to get knocked down a peg or two, because she is really getting on my nerves...

Carl is awesome. I can't wait to see what happens to him.

Yannis is definitely going to get revenge on the lesbians thinking they were the ones who cut his brakes.

I wish they wouldn't focus on debbie at all. Ian doesn't even have an actual story. Fiona is just lulz. Carl, Kev/Vi probably what I enjoy watching most so far. As far as Lip goes I can tolerate his story but not super interested in it unless... we see some you know what from the teacher.

Mendrox

OMG Shameless is back! Yes!

Season 5 was a little bit shit, but I still love all these characters. And Emmy is just fucking sexy.

Taruranto

Nice to see a return to a more level-headed Fiona after cluster-fuck Fiona in the past seasons.

Ian is like a zombie now, wandering between scenes without a purpose.

Debbie is SO DUMB, but I guess that's teenagers for you. Hopefully she'll come out stronger.

Am I a bad person for hoping something bad happens to Carl? He's just beyond saving now.

Helen's family is still creepy and clearly hiding something.

The One and Done™;193197803 said:
This season is depressing....

Yea, I agree with that. I feel bad for Ian when he went to party with Lip. I know that feel bro.

The teachers with the guns.... They definitely watched last years South Park lol

10/10 episode for me. Loved every minute of it and I'm really enjoying this season so far.

Fiona's storyline is really powerful. I'll never understand why Emmy isn't constantly winning awards for this, she's so goddamn good in it.

Lip, who I can't stand was at his least annoying in this ep. If the whole murder thing from the last ep goes anywhere, his storyline might finally be interesting.

Ian's story is depressing as hell, but the actor is killing it. I'm looking forward to seeing where his story goes after him saving the woman.

Debbie is terrible as usual, but I have to admit, I'm enjoying seeing Fiona constantly putting up brick walls around her. That talk at the end of the ep was brutal.

Carl is fucking hilarious. His interactions with the the principal... holy shit. It's nice to have something a little lighter with all the darker stuff going on.

Glad to see Veronica being fun again after what they did to the character last season and Kev is great as usual. "I came 'cus I paralyzed a dude. I just like to say it."

And Frank, whoooo. Love Frank.

Too bad they wrote out Mickey though. At least they found a way to keep Svetlana around.

Aiii

So not worth it
The scene with all the teachers pulling out their guns in the cafeteria is why I watch this show. Then I noticed the lunch lady, I rewound that scene several times, laughed for ten minutes straight. Brilliant.

Zero315

Banned
Fiona's scene with Debbie in the kitchen was really good.

It never ceases to amaze me how Emmy Rossum keeps getting passed up for awards.

Also I guess Ian is going to have a firefighter boyfriend now?

I saw it more as Ian finding a direction to steer his life in. Especially given Lip's conversation about all his ROTC training and how he wanted to be in the army.

It never ceases to amaze me how Emmy Rossum keeps getting passed up for awards.

I saw it more as Ian finding a direction to steer his life in. Especially given Lip's conversation about all his ROTC training and how he wanted to be in the army.

That make sense i thought it was just Ian finding a new crush. Maybe it's both and he joins or tries to be a fire fighter just to find that dude lol.

gabbo

That scene is one of the best scenes in a couple seasons.
Even though Debbie is basically insufferable (on purpose, i think), everything about that scene worked together really well. Emmy Rossum deserves an Emmy for that scene unto itself.

Taruranto

Carl is fucking hilarious. His interactions with the the principal... holy shit. It's nice to have something a little lighter with all the darker stuff going on.

... it it? I honestly find Carl behaviors the most repulsive. He's beyond redemption at this point and pretty much a criminal.

The Gallangher always did what they had to do to survive, but never to the point of endangering so many lives like Carl did.

Drahcir

Yes! That was quite a scene and really the epitome of why Fiona is still such a likeable character. She has her own personal issues like the rest of the family, but her redemptive quality is when it comes to being the head of the household and the disciplinarian for the sake of the family.

... it it? I honestly find Carl behaviors the most repulsive. He's beyond redemption at this point and pretty much a criminal.

The Gallangher always did what they had to do to survive, but never to the point of endangering so many lives like Carl did.

Carl's always been a little criminal. While he's still committing crimes which could possibly have a huge backlash, the show is treating it goofier than the more dramatic stuff with characters like Fiona and Ian and we have yet to see any substantial effects of his current crimes.

In the real world, holy shit it would be awful, but as far as Shameless goes, it's one of the less depressing plots. Same goes for Kev paralyzing a guy. That would be tragic as hell in real life, but in Shameless' world, it's one of the lighter things.

Not really sure what they're doing with some of these storylines. Fiona is incredibly mean this season it seems. Maybe the stress of everything i guess. Right now her addict bf is the most likeable.

When Kev blew some air like Yanis was a fucking candle on a birthday cake...damn. That was the hardest I've laughed in days.

Great episode.

Took me forever to find this thread. What's with the low post count, did everyone just forget about this show?

How were the post counts for past threads? Just checked last season's post count. Low numbers compared to other shows on Gaf too.

I don't know how popular Shameless really is honestly in terms of message board numbers. Reddit is sort of middling to high compared to us.

aku:jiki

I don't know about losing the house... Not sure how interesting that's going to be if it actually happens. But someone on Reddit had a good point. It is pretty convenient that a neighbor was introduced and died at the same time as they lost the house.

Paganmoon

They're somehow going to take over Yanis house I bet.

Also, Nick's character seems really interesting, I hope they develop him further.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just caught up, this season is excellent so far. Hopefully it stays consistent, I enjoyed season 5 but it did have some weaker spots.

FrsDvl

I cant wait to see where they are going to do with Carl and all the refugees. This is gonna either be hilarious, or end pretty bad.

Good episode again, this season is definitely a huge step forward from last season.

Taruranto

"Have you ever pitched?" "No, but I'm open to anything"

I feel a bit bad for Lip... no, not really. He's the only character that has everything handled to him. Though of course he's not the one suffering from the fallout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom