• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Season 7 |OT| Screwed in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

Ian storyline is stupid. Did the writers forgot he admitted being open to bottom with Caleb?

Lip is such infuriating character, holy shit. The date was cute tho', the actress has good chemistry with him. A kid could give him something to focus.

Liam is one weird kid.

This episode highly something interesting about Svetlana/Kev/V story. It's never really been Svetlana/Kev/V, but Kev&V and Svetlana. I wonder if their will crash and one point, even if Sveltlana seems to genuinely care for both of them.

The Ian storyline did seem stupid to me but it at least fits as being a little more light hearted in the rest of the drama.

Its nice for Liam to get more screen time. I didn't expect that at all.

Gengahrrr

Ian storyline is stupid. Did the writers forgot he admitted being open to bottom with Caleb?

This show has a pretty terrible history with completely dropping story elements with zero consequence, no matter how big or little.

I feel like this episode and the season as a whole, have just had the characters spinning their wheels. I wonder if having to premiere the new season a lot earlier than usual had anything to do with that? Carl still looks like the only one with any character growth and he's gone, again.

I'm about halfway through the ep and really just not feeling this season.

Frank is annoying, more so than usual.

Debbie is such a bitch.

Lip is fucking up his life... again.

Ian and Trevor are interesting but a little boring.

Fiona is off her sane meds.

The only fun character this year has been Carl and he's gone.

Finally shit fucks over Lip again. Now he is gonna go through the same shit again - constant drinking, violent outbreaks, sleeping with random women, repeat.

Finally Debbie got fucked over, too. She had it coming but it really is fucked that they had to put the baby in the middle of it all. But this will finally make Debbie realize how stupid she's been.

It was such a weird moment to see Fiona be decent to Frank when he helped her fix the laundromant. Glad she got it fixed up though. She was nearly on the brink of breaking down again after the crying laughter.

Nice to finally see Kev take some initiative in his marriage. It was too obvious he wasn't happy when he started questioning everything.

wapplew

Lip's hearing scene is great, emotional even, knew it's too good to be true.
Some real good "I had your back" moment this episode really heartwarming, Kev is best neighbor.

Bluth54

Really good stuff with Fiona, Lip and Debbie's story this week.

I see the show hasn't been renewed yet which is isn't good since for the past few years Showtime has renewed it before the start of the current season.

Mendrox

Really good stuff with Fiona, Lip and Debbie's story this week.

I see the show hasn't been renewed yet which is isn't good since for the past few years Showtime has renewed it before the start of the current season.

Nya this year it aired twice so it doesn't surprise me that much. Would surprise if it wouldn't get renewed cause the quality is consistent.

vypek

Lip and Debbie being screw ups. Monica back next episode isn't good lol and it probably means worse stuff for Debbie I would imagine

Jeels

I'm not sure why people are mad that Lip is about to go into a drunken abuse cycle. That is literally the trajectory of what is expected at this point. A few seasons ago everyone was complaining about how much plot armor he had, how he did so much stupid shit and never suffered the consequence. And well, now he did. I am happy that happened as much as I felt bad for him.

Bladenic

Wait so is carl like gone for the season or just for a bit? He's been too good this season and I want him back.

Great episode. Loved Kevin in this episode. I was surprised that V said she loved Svetlana though. That was kind of out nowhere for me, maybe I haven't been much attention but I didn't think she had emotions for Svetlana. Kevin is completely right to be pissed and worried.

idwl

Wait so is carl like gone for the season or just for a bit? He's been too good this season and I want him back.

Wow, I completely forgot about him.
Fiona is really the only one I actually really care about on the show so its nice to see things finally picking up for her.

vypek

I figure the actor must have had some obligation where he couldn't keep filming so they wrote him off temporarily. I feel like he won't be back for a while and we can assume he is gone for the season. But I was enjoying his story line. He became a much better character.

I figure the actor must have had some obligation where he couldn't keep filming so they wrote him off temporarily. I feel like he won't be back for a while and we can assume he is gone for the season. But I was enjoying his story line. He became a much better character.

He did this with the prison lock up a couple seasons ago as well. I believe it's related to his education.

leng jai

I didn't think it was possible but they actually made Frank's storyline even worse this season. Everything he does is so ridiculously stupid and not in a good or entertaining way.

finowns

How doesn't Carl have any African DNA with his brother being Liam?

And I don't care what you guys say Frank is the best thing about this show.

gabbo

Finally caught up.
They went and redeemed (or at least for a couple episodes) Frank. Seeing he and Liam at the school in ep7 and then he actually helping Fiona at the end of the most recent episode made him seem almost human (still trashy and low rent, but human). The dance with Etta was a nice touch. Also, it's nice to see Liam get something to do besides eat and watch tv. I hope they keep giving him stuff to do, and Frank being there for him even if it's for completely Frank reasons. I doubt it, but hey, this show throws curves like that.

Still hate Debbie's story, she deserves all the shit that's coming her way. Also don't like that Lip cannot get his shit together. How long before the writers at least give him the realization that he is Frank Jr at this point?

Thankfully Ian seems to have gotten the path out that Lip was headed for (seemingly). I really hope he doesn't fuck up outside of his relationship (that's a given on this show). because he's doing well from where he was. Also, his fighting with Frank was great. That they have the bat at the ready like that.

Kev and V.. yikes, not sure that argument is going to end well for them. That's a good storyline no matter how it ends at this point, even if it's ridiculous.

edit: and now that Carl's gone again, I hope his return is as excellent as his last where he went from 'meh' level character, to easily the best on the show.

dickroach

waste of an episode.
re-introduce a character that everyone forgot about for no reason by having the phrase "I'm back," "you're back," or "she's back," uttered 50 fucking times.
threw an exclamation point on Lip's off the wagon sentence from the end of the last episode.
at least the inevitable Svetlana has totally been conning V + Kev plotline is finally starting to play out.

rumor is there's only a couple of episodes left and the show's done. whatever.

TVexperto

Damn Lip was supposed to be the good one, its crazy how fast he is loosing everything he always seemed at the brink of it but always managed to keep it together

Also why is it not renewed yet? Usually they renew it at the beginning of a season, how are ratings?

FrsDvl

Damn Lip was supposed to be the good one, its crazy how fast he is loosing everything he always seemed at the brink of it but always managed to keep it together

Also why is it not renewed yet? Usually they renew it at the beginning of a season, how are ratings?

If it gets renewed it'll happen on January 9, they always announce it during the Television Critics Association Press Tour. And for CBS (Who owns Showtime) that would be on January 9.

Mendrox

waste of an episode.
re-introduce a character that everyone forgot about for no reason by having the phrase "I'm back," "you're back," or "she's back," uttered 50 fucking times.
threw an exclamation point on Lip's off the wagon sentence from the end of the last episode.
at least the inevitable Svetlana has totally been conning V + Kev plotline is finally starting to play out.

rumor is there's only a couple of episodes left and the show's done. whatever.

They won't cann this show.

Cmagus

The show and characters have become too predictable at this point. I like this season for what it is but I mean Lip is literally rinse and repeat every season and so is Fiona, I'm sure she'll lose the laundromat at some point for reasons.

You know if Lip got tbe internship on wall street they could have done more interesting stuff with Lip. The o e thi g I still love though is Keven, V and Svetlana their moments are genuinly funny and interesting.

Taruranto

Look, I know you got issues with cops in America, but I'm going to call bollocks on everyone doing nothing about kidnapping.

Sierra trashing Lip was sooooo goood.

Taruranto

Yay, Mickey. Good to see someone with good chemistry with Ian for once. But it was really painful to watch, obviously it was the wrong choice for him, even if the alternative was a life of boring boyfriends one after another. Also bipolarity out of control.

Am I suppose to condemn Fiona because she "sold out" Etta? Because that was obvious the right choice. Etta has dementia. She was eating cat food! She needs to be constantly watched, Fiona can't do that, she's not even her daughter. Getting her into assisted care was the best thing that could happen to her.

I wonder if the show will find a way to keep Svetlana on.

Bladenic

This episode was so good. God this show is so good. 7 seasons in and still top tier TV (and yet the shows who win awards are below in quality but whatever).

Zero315

Banned
Ugh, good job torpedoing all the progress Ian has made. I don't doubt he'll change his mind before they get to Mexico, but this was a step back for the character. Hopefully he hasn't fucked up his job, but the Trevor relationship is basically over, and I actually really liked them together.

Fiona taking the buyout was the right choice. Once she offered 160K it would've been dumb for them to not have her take it. I've actually been really enjoying her this season since her storyline doesn't revolve around a guy.

Hopefully Ian realizes he's hit rock bottom... but I find myself saying that every season for the past few and year he always manages to go back down.

Kinda sad with the way the Kev/V/Svet storyline is going because I really like Svetlana as a character.

Also, there's no way Monica makes it to the end of the season, right? That's definitely gonna be the emotional stinger/shocker that comes towards the end of the season. The previews for the next episode with the wedding seem to be setting that up.

Ugh, good job torpedoing all the progress Ian has made. I don't doubt he'll change his mind before they get to Mexico, but this was a step back for the character. Hopefully he hasn't fucked up his job, but the Trevor relationship is basically over, and I actually really liked them together.

Fiona taking the buyout was the right choice. Once she offered 160K it would've been dumb for them to not have her take it. I've actually been really enjoying her this season since her storyline doesn't revolve around a guy.

Hopefully Ian realizes he's hit rock bottom... but I find myself saying that every season for the past few and year he always manages to go back down.

Kinda sad with the way the Kev/V/Svet storyline is going because I really like Svetlana as a character.

Also, there's no way Monica makes it to the end of the season, right? That's definitely gonna be the emotional stinger/shocker that comes towards the end of the season. The previews for the next episode with the wedding seem to be setting that up.

Agreed re: Fiona's story. Also really like that she's come back a little from being an utter bitch in her pursuit of her future to be somewhat balanced (giving Debbie a job, reconciling with V, showing understanding with Ian). She can still bring the banhammer when she needs to (i.e., Lip being a dumbass).

Honestly, I'm seeing signs that the show will end this season. Either the writers know it, suspect it or just decided that it's a good idea to write final storylines after 7 years of a show. We have old characters like Monica and Mickey showing up. Two of the Gallaghers have a way out (Ian and Carl). Fiona is actually rich now with her 70k profit. Unless she's somehow cheated there's no way they will have any reason to keep going with their 'shameless' poverty behavior. Just a couple of characters to tie up and the story can be done if there's no renewal.

j-wood

Yeah I definitely don't think Monica makes it. Especially when you consider that when she crashed that bus rear ending another car, it made a point to show her head slamming against the steering wheel. Recall when she came back she said she had a brain issue (anyurism i think?)

vypek

Didn't they already say Monica wasn't going to make it or am I recalling the scene where Frank lies down on her lap crying incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom