• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Season 7 |OT| Screwed in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

Even as their legal guardian it makes sense to ask most of the younger Gallaghers for money. An actual mother wouldn't be out of line for asking adult-age children to chip in on rent. And they're no normal family, in earlier years they were all adding to the slush fund. Fi asked really harshly but Lip's been acting above them all and Debbie still hasn't remotely realized how much of an idiot she is and how right Fiona was about her pregnancy. She could've been more diplomatic about it but she's right, they shouldn't get a free ride

Klocker

Even as their legal guardian it makes sense to ask most of the younger Gallaghers for money. An actual mother wouldn't be out of line for asking adult-age children to chip in on rent. And they're no normal family, in earlier years they were all adding to the slush fund. Fi asked really harshly but Lip's been acting above them all and Debbie still hasn't remotely realized how much of an idiot she is and how right Fiona was about her pregnancy. She could've been more diplomatic about it but she's right, they shouldn't get a free ride

Exactly.... she's completely in line here and in fact is moving away from obvious codependency which is how she has operated up until now

The Young ones need to get in the game

leng jai

Please kill Frank off already. He's literally the Team Rocket of the show at this point.

Meanwhile, Debbie continues to wonder how many L's a character in a series can hold.

I've never liked Frank anyway. He's always been more stupid than actually funny.

FrsDvl

Anyone else thinking this might be the last season? They usually announce the next season before the current season even starts. There's still no sign of a renewal yet..

vypek

Anyone else thinking this might be the last season? They usually announce the next season before the current season even starts. There's still no sign of a renewal yet..
Seems like an odd situation since they are playing this earlier than intended since it was supposed to be next year

Jeels

I hope not. This show is so much fun. :(

Loving Fiona's development this year.

Zero315

Banned
Nah, the air date got pushed up because Homeland wasn't ready, so they might not be ready to announce a renewal yet. Besides, afaik it's still viewed favorably among critics and is one of their highest rated series. The writing hasn't gone off a cliff like their other shows and it's still nominated for awards. I can't see them getting rid of this and keeping stuff like Ray Donovan.

The actors all seem very happy to keep going and I feel like the characters, at the very least, have a few more seasons left in them.

I'm really liking this new Fiona who takes no shit. And Debbie getting the brunt of it is so fitting. She's spent almost two seasons behaving like a child but expecting to be treated like an adult, and she's falling apart when it's finally happening. Still not completely sure what kind of advice the professor was giving Lip. That was weird. Also can't help but wonder if they're setting up for Carl to leave the show with the military school thing.

Also this episode was directed by Emmy Rossum in case anyone missed it at the start. It was nicely done.

big ander

I'm really liking this new Fiona who takes no shit. And Debbie getting the brunt of it is so fitting. She's spent almost two seasons behaving like a child but expecting to be treated like an adult, and she's falling apart when it's finally happening. Still not completely sure what kind of advice the professor was giving Lip. That was weird. Also can't help but wonder if they're setting up for Carl to leave the show with the military school thing.

Also this episode was directed by Emmy Rossum in case anyone missed it at the start. It was nicely done.

Ah cool I didn't notice this at all! Was a good ep. Fiona's deal this year is still working well and her conflict with Lip is great, this pivot for Ian's storyline might be working, Deb is getting shit on a bunch which is awesome.

Zero315

Banned
Ah cool I didn't notice this at all! Was a good ep. Fiona's deal this year is still working well and her conflict with Lip is great, this pivot for Ian's storyline might be working, Deb is getting shit on a bunch which is awesome.
Yep, she did a great job.

Lip has had every fucking opportunity handed to him on a silver platter, manages to fuck it up time after time, and yet still finds a way to act all high and mighty. I was hoping the rehab stuff would've humbled him a bit but I guess not. More and more he's becoming like Frank.

I love how much the show is shitting on Debbie. Two seasons of bad fucking decisions are finally coming home to roost.

I've been watching the first season again with a friend who just started the show. It's amazing watching all the shit Fiona has done for the family, then fast forwarding to this season and seeing how much Debbie and Lip shit on her. Really makes you feel bad for her.

Jeels

Fiona's story is finally interesting for the first time in seasons. I am so glad she is finally going to try to own her hard work and try to impact the community with it. I really wonder what's going to end up happening with the laundrymat...that old lady is just so cute haha would hate for her to lose her home.

Changed my avatar to support this awesome series. :)

vypek

Fiona's story is finally interesting for the first time in seasons. I am so glad she is finally going to try to own her hard work and try to impact the community with it. I really wonder what's going to end up happening with the laundrymat...that old lady is just so cute haha would hate for her to lose her home.

Changed my avatar to support this awesome series. :)

I suspect that Fiona will become part owner of the laundromat so she can finally own something and start building her wealth. Especially since she can't get as much out of Patty's as she wants. And I really hate that people are kind of dumping on Fiona more now. Wonder what will happen with V and Fiona since I really liked their friendship and the it seemed like such a small thing for them to fight over.

I didn't see the Debbie thing coming. From the "previously on" I thought we were going to see the return of Derek. We still might. Can't really tell if it was Tanya that reported her or Tanya will play a part later.

Jeels

I suspect that Fiona will become part owner of the laundromat so she can finally own something and start building her wealth. Especially since she can't get as much out of Patty's as she wants. And I really hate that people are kind of dumping on Fiona more now. Wonder what will happen with V and Fiona since I really liked their friendship and the it seemed like such a small thing for them to fight over.

I didn't see the Debbie thing coming. From the "previously on" I thought we were going to see the return of Derek. We still might. Can't really tell if it was Tanya that reported her or Tanya will play a part later.

She could get part ownership, but how? She doesn't have the money to even partially own the place. Maybe she'll ask the owner of Patsy's to do something?

Ya if Tanya reported that'd be messed up, considering her family shares some of the burden here...

vypek

She could get part ownership, but how? She doesn't have the money to even partially own the place. Maybe she'll ask the owner of Patsy's to do something?

Ya if Tanya reported that'd be messed up, considering her family shares some of the burden here...

I'm thinking that Fiona will help modernize the laundromat so the woman who is there will give her part ownership in exchange for helping and managing it so another "lifer" who knows the south side can run it instead of the corporate people. That is the only way I see her getting part ownership cause like you said, she can't afford it. I could see her asking the owner of Patsy's to do something but the owner seems like she wouldn't really care that much. Actually, I could see a sort of bargain between the two of them so that the woman at the laundromat will sell to Patsy's owner and Fiona gets a chunk of it as well.

Yep. Either Derek is coming back somehow or she is the one who reported I think. Otherwise, there is no point to bringing the character back since she only appeared a handful of times before. She must be there to drive the story somehow. I'm more willing to bet on Derek since Tanya is less necessary for the reporting to take place.

Kers

Big Daddy is the best Kevin

shame204kevduckie.jpg

Things are going to well for everyone, shit will crash and burn soon.

Lips is already initiating is new downfall.

Yeah. Things seem to be going too well for the Gallagher's. Something is bound to happen soon.

I'm loving the interactions between Carl and the cop. It's freakin' hilarious.

big ander

I can't see Lip's scheme going right...will he go to jail maybe? Or will his buddy go to jail?

Fiona's definitely gonna buy that laundromat. and then become like, the benevolent real estate magnate of her neighborhood, buying up everything and improving it while preserving the south side spirit. Or she would do all that if she continued not dating, but I can just tell sometime in the next five eps Jimmysteve or Sean or whothefuckknows will come back and sidetrack her.

Ian's storyline has been surprisingly good. at first, at that group lunch or whatever, it seemed like a shameless-shallow presentation of many different sexualities. Now it's become a pretty sincere story about a gay man learning about transexuality through a legitimate relationship, where the guy is actually played by a trans actor. Their scenes in the latest ep were the best part

gabbo

Carl and his ex's cop dad need a spin-off web series or something. The chemistry is so good.

For real, Carl has easily become the best character after going through a low stint a couple seasons back. Debbie stays losing and Ian and Lip are somewhere in the middle. At least they're learning - Lip very, so very slowly. It used to be he and Fiona against the world. Now it's Fiona against everyone and Frank isn't around to be a common enemy.

Nooooo! No more Carl and Dad Cop ;_;

Glad to see Frank's scheme blow up in his face.

Lol at Kev and V freaking out over Svetlana fucking her "dad". Then she tells them, "not since I left Russia." like it was nothing. Svetlana is something else.

Fiona's a Gallagher. Of course she took the loan from the house.

Ian and Trevor having fun with being Tops.

Kind of glad that Debbie is doing something she wants to but it's still wrong that she's doing it because she can abuse it.

Lip is just too damn lucky. Stole some money and nobody figured it out and made a girl squirt.

We need more scenes with Lip, Ian, and Fiona. That just felt so natural.

vypek

Fiona is definitely gonna struggle with the laundromat for a while but it can still work out well. I think Carl is currently my favorite story line.

I don't love that the story has Fiona fighting against her closest and generally most supportive people but I guess it was probably bound to happen at some point.

Bladenic

I never pay much attention to Liam but I did find it hilarious that he was absent during Carl's going away and nobody cares.

Best scene was the Fiona, Lip, Ian hanging out on the bed chatting and smoking scene. Really really great.

Frank should just be offed at this point. Completely useless storyline. Just there to fill time.

big ander

That was a great episode. Even debbie's storyline is good now! That's a miracle. Every Gallagher is in an interesting situation. Ian's relationship continues to be surprisingly (for this show) underplayed and cute, Fi's up to cool things with the laundromat (hope the lady's memory doesn't become a key plot point), Lip's in a different kind of relationship than the crazy women he's obsessed over in the past, Carl's final statement before leaving about not wanting to be on the corner but still wanting to be a useful person somehow was awesome and a huge step for his character. But the biggest change of all: Liam is now watching television and not speaking in a different house. Leaps and bounds.

Loved the three older Gallaghers just hanging out and catching up most of all.

Yado

Fiona is probably going to lose the laundromat because that old lady isn't of sound mind tbh. She shouldn't be signing contracts.

jrush64

Banned
This season has been really good. The best thing about this season has just the been the interaction between the Gallagher's. There has been lots of good ones.

ezekial45

Banned
What's amazing is that they wrote this season in less time than any other season, and it's way better than previous two. I love it.

S4 is still top tier, but this one is really great.

Jeels

What does everyone think of Fiona's decision? Personally, I am really rooting for Fiona this season, I want her to be successful and parts of her story really hit close to home.

But I am worried that in today's age, making much money out of a laundrymat is just not possible. And the fact that she put it against the house...I mean she's right that it's in her name so she can do it, but I feel like it's a huge risk. (And from Lip's perspective its disrespectful because you are gambling everyone else's livelihood too).

It'll be interesting to see where they take Fiona's arc this season. While I applaud her for trying to break out and pull herself up by the bootstraps, I'm not entirely sure she's doing it with the right amount of thought. I don't think the laundromat is a good investment. I doubt she did anything about getting an assessment. She certainly didn't do a business case. She should have started smaller, buying into something like real estate with a partner or something along those lines. Diving right in and putting the house up as collateral is really just more of the same Gallagher stupidity, and it's likely to backfire.

While I also applaud her for trying to get everyone else involved in helping out with the bills, I don't like that she's becoming emotionally cold about it. I do think they did a good job this week of reeling her back in a bit, in the bed scene with Ian and Lip, in the wanting to throw a party for Carl (but not wanting to do any of the work seemed lame; she could have divvied up assignments and taken one for herself), and in the agreeing to sign off on Debbie's marriage. They also backed away from all the Tinder fucking she's been doing.

As usual, I think Fiona has a bit of the schizo in her. It will be interesting to see her sway back and forth a bit. Can she stay on track or will something blow up so massively that it sets her back (again)? I'm betting the latter. An emotionally balanced, successful Fiona is less interesting from a TV drama than a "just when things are going well the train goes off the rails" Fiona.

vypek

What does everyone think of Fiona's decision? Personally, I am really rooting for Fiona this season, I want her to be successful and parts of her story really hit close to home.

But I am worried that in today's age, making much money out of a laundrymat is just not possible. And the fact that she put it against the house...I mean she's right that it's in her name so she can do it, but I feel like it's a huge risk. (And from Lip's perspective its disrespectful because you are gambling everyone else's livelihood too).

If she could do events like she was saying then having an operation like a laundromat could be profitable but from the preview at the end of the most recent episode we see that its already challenging for her. IDK where she is going to find the money to actually bring the laundromat to proper standard before improving it to be a way to make decent money. She used all the money buying it so not sure what she planned to do for all those busted machines she knows are there. It is pretty messed up to gamble everyone's place like that. They aren't going to be saving the house the same way they did last time.

EDIT:
Just realized that Debbie's guy or the politician might help if they need to get the house back or need emergency money that is more than they usually need.

Fiona is going to fuck it up. Place is a laundromat not a night club or cafe. In no way can it be a hip place to hang out. Costs of updating everything will drown her, she will end up embezzling from the restaurant and get caught or something.

An FBI agent will tell Lip it was him and his buddy stealing that finally let them see what was happening at the startup.

Carl's gonna get kicked out of military school.

Debbie gonna Debbie.

Debbie fucking sucks like oh my God. She's still not as bad as Frank though. Anytime he's on screen I just want to punch his face in. Hopefully Debbie goes to jail at some point and Frank finally dies.

I'm really surprised at how little replies this thread has, this show is a surprise hit for me. My girl watched it since season one but I jumped on in the middle of the last season and enjoying it a lot. I just wish it didn't share the same time slot as walking dead and west world.

Taruranto

Ian storyline is stupid. Did the writers forgot he admitted being open to bottom with Caleb?

Lip is such infuriating character, holy shit. The date was cute tho', the actress has good chemistry with him. A kid could give him something to focus.

Liam is one weird kid.

This episode highly something interesting about Svetlana/Kev/V story. It's never really been Svetlana/Kev/V, but Kev&V and Svetlana. I wonder if their will crash and one point, even if Sveltlana seems to genuinely care for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom