• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen announces a new ship in a private party at an entry price of 274 dollars

Mass Shift

We are all witnessing, one of the greatest modern mind fucks ever in our time.

As some of you have so aptly pointed out...........CULT STATUS

And it just keeps going. They have absolutely no reason to ever finish it at this point. They could keep this scam going indefinitely. Years from now the crowd funders will still be donating and defending it EVEN in its continued unfinished state.

Remember Shattered Glass? That moment when Stephen is still telling Chuck he didn't do anything wrong. And Chuck out of sheer frustration screams at him, "I'd really wish you'd stop saying that!!!!!"

There's a moment like this coming for these people. And it's going to be just as brutal.

Shattered-Glass-51.jpg

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Or simply buy the full game for 60 Euro. You don't have to buy expensive ships to play.

what does release game even look like? What will you be doing and why do people buy ships if there is zero gameplay reasons to do so? Is in-game economy and everything is set in stone?

otoh, as long as people are buying these ships with eyes open and not via dumb gambling loot boxes or other manipulative things, it really is like model trains or model gundams. CR has found a niche and i dont blame him for servicing it.

That's true. It really is a strange phenomenon.

poor people get ripped off all the time. Read up on how Scientolog, for example, pumps poor people for money (and free labor).

Last edited:

Mass Shift

Genuine question

Why are people buying this shit?

They think they're buying into a dream universe. That makes them as gamers particularly vulnerable.

Gaming isnt just a passion for some people, and I can tell you that it's not just the well off who are buying into this. Star Citizen hits the sweet spot. This isn't a game anymore, it's a cult. It doesn't make sense to the rest of us anymore no matter what they're pitching.

They 're trapped. But what's worse is that they want to be.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Well, I understand more the psychology of buying a professionally designed ship for a "dream game" with much nostalgia attached for a couple hundred dollars (I didn't btw) than paying 500 dollars for a heirloom item in Apex. Legends.. Nevertheless, it's a choice. Also, I have multiple friends spending thousand and thousands of dollars on "worse" hobbies than this. Anyway, none of this is a big deal unless you spend money you don't have, or making your kids starve., lol

Portugeezer

At this point they keep paying to make sure their previous money dumps weren't in vain. It will be though, because this will never be completed.

Me & my friend are so much excited about Star Citizen, However, it is too much expensive & mostly pay to win. And, also we heard that Star Citizen has so many bugs, while Elite Dangerous is pretty much empty space & empty planets. Nothing to do after 50-60h of gameplay

Top Bottom