• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen at gamescom 2015 - presentation livestream 8pm CEST Friday Aug 7

I take it you haven't seen any of their earlier ones.

This is no different than any of their other presentations. People complain when they see super slick over produced presentations, they complain when you have unscripted fan events.

I have not seen their prior presentations, no.

Look, I'm not saying it's indicative of the game or anything, just that the presentation is rough.

Vlodril

yup thought the same thing.
Those guys are not getting ANY cash from me.
i kinda feel bad for backers right now...

this killed any interest i had in this game

yea man the game totally sucks :) (i hope that was sarcasm. ).

edited to add: apparently not. welp.

The talk of controllers just reminds me of the cool looking MW:O setup we never got...

razer-artemis-epl-605.jpg

I wonder what kind of price that would have gone for?

Zalusithix

"The cheaper option will be $150, but I didn't catch how much the more expensive setup cost. Was it $250?"

That goofy LED Touchscreen makes me think 4-500.

If that is indeed a touchscreen, then at least the control options get interesting. That means we could potentially have a defacto secondary monitor UI for custom setups.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I have not seen their prior presentations, no.

Look, I'm not saying it's indicative of the game or anything, just that the presentation is rough.

This presentation has been going pretty damn smoothly compared to the dozen other ones they've put on. At least this one wasn't delayed by an hour.

SRTtoZ

These are a bunch of laid back dudes drinking beer and showing off the latest updates to the game we backed. Its not some E3 press conference.

Burny

I get that they're having a laid back fan service/dev update/ event. Still, I wish they'd get to the flying part. :p

What he's describing here is similar to EVE Online's grid system (so for those that have played that you can kind of get an idea of how it works, just think in SC terms). Similar concept.

Maybe the delay was cause the guy designated to do the screen switching got sick last minute and Jared is his no practice replacement.

Top Bottom