• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Livestream | Today @ 9PM CEST / 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT

Geist-

Edit: Stream Archive: Full Presentation
[Youtube] Live Alpha 3.0 Demo

gamescomwjs1v.png

(Thanks to Dictator93)

It's the time of the year again, when CIG goes wild and unleashes a torrent of information about the current state of Star Citizen to the masses. If you're interested in the game, be sure to try out the Free Flight trial this weekend.
You can also use this code (STAR-T9PZ-V49Y) for a free 5000 UEC.

Here's what you need to know.

t1471633200z0.png

When: 9pm CEST / 7pm GMT / 3pm EDT / 12am PDT / your local time
Stream Archive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI
RSI Gamescom Page
Gamescom Summary/Transcript: http://imperialnews.network/2016/08/gamescom-2016-inn-summary/

what_expectdhst8.png

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
Join us on Friday, August 19th as we celebrate Star Citizen at Gamescom with you, our amazing community. Hosted by Chris Roberts, watch as we showcase what we’ve been working on since last year’s event, and take a look ahead at the Procedural Planets system slated to come online in Star Citizen Alpha 2.7. Of course, that’s not all you can expect from our Gamescom Presentation, but you’ll have to tune in on August 19th to find out more!

Here's what we're pretty sure will show up:

• Procedurally generated planet tech, probably resulting in a live tour of a PG planet.
  • Demo of the 2.6 patch, which will contain Star Marine (for sure this time :p)
  • Other things that will show up in 2.7 along with PG planets
  • Preview of Website 3.0/Orgs 2.0/Forums 2.0
  • Reveal of the Anvil Terrapin
  • Glitches, hardware difficulties, and cringe
  • Probably delays
  • A ship sale!!!
  • Surprises!!!

believe6ls89.png

Useful Information:

FatherlyClumsyBabirusa.gif

I am expecting Star Marine Demo, Planetside Levsky with multiplayer, and the ending with a sizzle reel of sorts for SQ42.

NuMiQ

Neo Member
This should be good, can't wait to see what they have in store. A new SQ42 tease would be nice, but I'm quite happy with all the procedural stuff. HYPE!

atpbx

Cant wait, problem is, it clashes with the United - Southampton game, and Pogbas home debut, so it's going to have to be a one eye on this, and the other eye watching the saints get arseholed.

StereoVsn

Are they going to talk about SP side at all? The one that's supposed to get released at the end of the year (chance of that close to 0).

XPE

I really want to see how far they have come with the Procedurally generated planet tech, last time we seen it the planets were bare but the recent german mag pics have got me wanting to see the full reveal.

jaaz

Is that the one the guy was clipping through in yesterday's stream?

Nah, the Carrack is not out yet. It's about to go under development. It will be an Explorer ship.

You're probably referring to the Starfarer. And yes, it's still a little rough...

Zalusithix

Here's a picture of the Carrack, just because it's so awesome:

28470508374_e39fcceb77_h.jpg

I can't wait for more updates on the Carrack. Hell, I want to see my Carrack more than my Idris. Of all my ships, I see myself spending the most amount of my time in it. My personal flagship if you will.

Galava

Carrack sale?! PLEASE (And in-hangar?)

That "mako" from the pic could be Carrack's exploration rover...

The impossible: Carrack demo landing on planet and getting out on rover. (Not happening ofc T.T)

StereoVsn

Nope. Pretty certain they've been very adamant in avoiding talking about it. They don't want to spoil it.
I am sure that's why they want to avoid talking about it. It's so they don't accidentally spoil the story and not at all because it's not going to be nowhere ready at the end of the year.

KKRT00

I am sure that's why they want to avoid talking about it. It's so they don't accidentally spoil the story and not at all because it's not going to be nowhere ready at the end of the year.

They will be talking about S42 a lot on CitizenCon.

I need more me...

Gamescom press conference

Manchester United playing Southhampton

USA basketball vs Spain

ALL THIS GOING ON NOW.

I'm trying to multitask with my TV, my Surface and my phone.

I mean, you'll hear about it, I just wouldn't expect any specifics, or a trailer or anything like that. They always give us a general idea of the progress though.

Sooner or later we should get a movie-style trailer of SQ42 (modified camera angles, explosions, action, and so on) to sell it to mass audience.

Yeah it would be the best route for sure. I'm not expecting anything like that until we have a concrete release date for Squadron 42 though, and even then not until the release date is getting close. At least that's the vibe I've always gotten from how they're handling it.

Galava

I mean, you'll hear about it, I just wouldn't expect any specifics, or a trailer or anything like that. They always give us a general idea of the progress though.

Sooner or later we should get a movie-style trailer of SQ42 (modified camera angles, explosions, action, and so on) to sell it to mass audience.

Top Bottom