• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Livestream | Today @ 9PM CEST / 3pm EDT / 12pm PDT

golem

Hoping for some good info and updates but im going to bet the reactions either way are going to be entertaining enough ;)

I wasn't a fan of space sims, but I started playing Evochron Legacy last week and I'm loving it. This, in turn, got me interested in Star Citizen. Thanks for the topic, OP, I'll watch the presentation and check the demo.

jaaz

That Constellation Aquila is such a sexy beast too. And it's being reworked to make it even better. I already love the Andromeda, going to go bonkers for the Aquila.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
The countdown timer lied!

Carrack sale?! PLEASE (And in-hangar?)

That "mako" from the pic could be Carrack's exploration rover...

The impossible: Carrack demo landing on planet and getting out on rover. (Not happening ofc T.T)

I would love some Carrack love! Probably my most favorite ship I have.

I'm going to keep my expectations on the stream very low. That way it can only be exceeded if they do show something cool.

MGHA

Twitch chat is going nuts. I'll admit; The loop is getting tiresome. I think it's starting now though.

AmyS

Although we wouldn't know for at least a year+ it would be awesome if SQ42 comes to Scorpio even though SC will remain exclusive to PC.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like it starts in ~15 minutes :(

Edit: I should've known someone would beat me to posting that, haha

Megalo

It's hype time !
I hope we will see a teaser/trailer (something) about SQ42.

But really I'll be happy to see what they've been working on, whatever it is.

Sorry you're right, I'll edit it. I really dislike the guy. He basically harassed Sandy off of Twitter.

Yeah dude is a human shit stain. I wasn't going to voice it but I wasn't gonna disagree either. Didn't he decide to go ahead and post her address and names of her children too?

Zabojnik

This event wasn't even planned until a short time ago, so I'm not expecting the world. We definitely won't get to see S42 tonight, that's CitizenCon material. As it should be.

Still, they must've something juicy to show, otherwise they wouldn't have changed their minds. My body is ready to withstands shocks up to 5G.

Galava

Late 2017 is my ballpark estimation. Mark Hamill went back to record more mocap as recently as last month I think.

I would say the assets are all ready I think. Recording or repeating mocap shouldn't take a lot of time assuming the rest is ready. The blockers should be gameplay stuff (FPS, flying, stability, and making sure everything works as it should be) and could take more than 6 months easily. Late 2017 could be a realistic release.

Assuming they are working on Star Citizen and SQ42, these 4 years of development are nothing. Most games take at least 3 years, or 6. This game is very ambitious, so 6 years of dev time would be expected (for the PU, SQ42 should be ready with 4-5, because it doesn't need the trading, mining, economy, AI...systems).

Bastos

Sorry if this was asked before, but what can I do at the moment in Star Citizen? Can I play it like Elite: Dangerous? I'm itching for a space sim similar to what Freelancer offered at the time.

Galava

Sorry if this was asked before, but ehat can I do at the moment in Star Citizen? Can I play it like Elite: Dangerous? I'm itching for a space sim similar to what Freelancer offered at the time.

Short list:

• Arena Commander: Fight with your ship on 2 maps vs AI or PvP.
  • Racing mode.
  • Arc-corp: City with stores to explore and be with other players. (Drive buggies too)
  • Universe: Fly and walk around Crusader (gas giant) and his moons and stations with other players (MMO) doing quests, doing FPS stuff, crime system (GTA style with "stars"), earn money to buy amor, clothes, weapons for you and your ship...

There are lost of different ships to choose from to play right now, some of them are multi-crew.

Top Bottom