• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen at gamescom 2015 - presentation livestream 8pm CEST Friday Aug 7

It's really fascinating - if you were reading just the Reddit thread on this stream, you'd think that CR was on fire, people were dying, the camera was only showing black... with some weird "anti-SJW" jabs thrown in.

I think this is the beginning of seeing what many of us had in mind for SC, all along.

SRTtoZ

I love how he said all of the goodbyes and then said fuck it, lets do it again. You could tell he was bothered that he couldn't get the Retaliator back to the station.

Machina

Banned
It probably took them like 15 minutes to get the demo planned out and ready on the first attempt now they have to do it again impromptu

Zalusithix

I love how he said all of the goodbyes and then said fuck it, lets do it again. You could tell he was bothered that he couldn't get the Retaliator back to the station.

Probably just as pissed as anybody playing the game would be in the same situation - albeit for slightly different reasons.

Grief.exe

The cheaper option will be $150, but I didn't catch how much the more expensive setup cost. Was it $250?

"The cheaper option will be $150, but I didn't catch how much the more expensive setup cost. Was it $250?"

That goofy LED Touchscreen makes me think 4-500.

If they are all the same build quality and metal chassis, then I'll just go with the cheaper option. Those extra bells and whistles will likely be superfluous, especially for something I will hide in a closer when not in use.

Will it be wise to have a dedicated Scotty in the PU?

From what we know, that's the plan: a dedicated "Scotty" will make your power management more efficient, allowing you to shoot more / get shot more than an opponent with a less-talented engineering person.

tuxfool

Banned
Well it's their Gamescom stream, it's probably supposed to pull in new people, too.

True. But I also don't think that they worry too much about it at this stage. They have plenty of opportunities to show it off in more formal settings.

Burny

Looks like their ambition will pay off in the end. :) It's just going to take a while until they get there.

Despite all the flak they're getting and the fact that I'm not happy at all with the ships' current handling, I'm really happy this game is happening.

RIP Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky.

CE68sre.gif

I am heading out in a bit.

When higher quality footage of the demo (preferably version 1) is let out, could someone make a thread?

TheMAK

Banned
I'm sticking with Elite Dangerous for now. Derek Smart may be an assclown but I can agree with him on some of his talk. SC's development has no end in sight after 4 years in and goal posts are constantly moving.

Agremont

Nice explosion!

I'm sticking with Elite Dangerous for now. Derek Smart may be an assclown but I can agree with him on some of his talk. SC's development has no end in sight after 4 years in and goal posts are constantly moving.

4 years? More like 3.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

You need to seriously stop and re-assess your life if you ever find yourself agreeing with Derek Smart about something. Seriously just take a breath and think about that for a minute.

TheMAK

Banned
You need to seriously stop and re-assess your life if you ever find yourself agreeing with Derek Smart about something. Serious just take a breath and think about that for a minute.

Derek Smart, Derek Smart, Derek Smart... hopefully he well show up here now. Used to work back on Smothingawful, Sugashack and Slashdot.. dude is the Candyman

Denton

Less than 3 years. And putting any stock into what Smart says is..yeah.

That said, it is healthy to be sceptic. But it is also healthy to admit when something is amazing, and this demo very much was.

fanboi

Banned

You do realize that other games (AAA) that is made from scratch usually take longer time right?

Top Bottom