• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Brawl Hands On

Duderz

Banned
So, so glad to hear that Samus' up-smash is more like Smash Bros., as opposed to Melee.

Good impressions, but does the guy have to use the word rape so much?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
OP should be updated with all current footage/media so I don't have to get lost in this topic.

Rotanibor

rapist said:
we got very little fludd info, but theres no damage, just knockback, we were more concerned with the rest of mario's rape. we will test more later

Mario is freaking RAPE. seriously top tier material, his combos are way too good, and he's got some nice edgeguards, from what we saw mario is rape sauce, very natural feeling, he's got a lot going for him.

link's final smash is rape. its way too cool. LOL

up b out of sheild is still just as rape, its nice to have that in my back pocket, you CAN fortress cancel, although it seems slower and less useful (also the down slant, sorry guys, but it doesn't seem to work T-T)

the new taunts are rape, i love them. all of them

why hasn't anyone told him he is a horrible horrible person and should stop talking like that?

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Rotanibor Eht said:
why hasn't anyone told him he is a horrible horrible person and should stop talking like that?
rapist said:
One last update, i'm the best bowser in teh world in brawl, i was raping people. Best player there (no joke)

he's rape in the ffa's though, killing people at massively low percentages

Dear God!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Dear God!
LOL @ "the rapist"
I always wonder whats so cool about rape to these little fucks. If someone close to them was raped they might think it was a bit less funny eh? I almost want to join that forum just to get banned from it. I'd get my frustrations out...:D

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Rlan said:
THANK YOU!!!
Kirby+Peach on the star is beautiful!
P.S. Did you guys know they "***" fuck and shit at Smash boards but not rape? that sucks.... but I did what I had to do. Wish I'd slept first. I don't flame well when I'm sleepy.

Rotanibor

Staccat0 said:
P.S. Did you guys know they "***" fuck and shit at Smash boards but not rape? that sucks.... but I did what I had to do. Wish I'd slept first. I don't flame well when I'm sleepy.

All your post did was encourage them to talk like that more and say that you must have been raped as a child to care so much about it.

mugwhump

Anti-eletist eletists bug the CRAP out of me, asaaaaghjegh. I hate some of the eletists on smashboards, too, but I also love smashboards because of their insanely detailed impressions. Great stuff.

And I think all you people who were worried they'd be owned by wavedashers need to be worrying about the edge hug. Then again, edge hugging sounds super easy... though I never liked edge hogging. It's effective, but kinda boring. I hope they add some kind of new edge mechanic to make it less powerful. On the other hand, improved DI + more versatile recoveries + auto sweetspotting might make recovering easier and balance it out.

Overall, I don't think the game's really lost any depth at all. There's no wavedashing, sure, or L-cancelling (though that might be automatic/just for the demo), but almost every other advanced tech seems to still be there. And we gain better DI, the ability to do stuff after air-dodging/up-b, meteor spiking, gliding, edge-hugging, crawling (lol), armor for some chars, freaking INK DROP, and tons of stuff we probably haven't discovered yet! :D

And character balance seems improved too, Peach's nerfed Dsmash sounds good, though if she can still float cancel, she'll be the only char with shortenable aerial lag. Fox's nerfage is hooray since I don't play him, and he got a handful of improvements, so yeah. And Bowser being a viable tournament character seems like great news. :D
Pit's arrows look amazing, and you can shoot them in any direction. :0 I'm sure they'll be one of the best projectiles in the game, and it looks like Pit also has one of the best recoveries... Pit's definately gonna be fun. :D
Ike's heavy armor sounds really interesting, and I think it's a brilliant way to make slow characters more viable in high-level play. Metaknight, I dunno, might be overpowered... but I don't care because I'll play as him.

Also, I wonder if Ike's marth costume=marth out? Then again, Mario also has a Wario costume...

TSA said:
It's obvious Zelda isn't playable because she's turning into Sheik, and the Sheik in Brawl is based on a new Twilight Princess style. Plus I'm sure her final smash may have to do something spoiler-rific?
I don't think you need to worry about spoilers, Zelda dying would be a pretty lame final smash. :\

edits:
smashboards said:
There are so many things that I can say about the engine change, but the one thing I can say that was dramatic was the floaty engine. Even characters such as Fox were able to maintain aerial attacking fluently, yet, he still had the same Fast Faller Feel. You may think that you can pull an easy Air Combo, but there is more to it than one might think.
Gwah! :0
smashboards said:
Unanounced Items: Mario Kart lightning. Get it and all your opponents are zapped and shrunk. Gimpyfish won what may have been the first money match with this incredibly imba ball, going down in history or perhaps infamy depending on your view. Either way I think this item will as the most cheap, powerful, and lamest. (Not that gimpy even knew what it was when he grabbed it or anything)
Gwoh! :0
And damn you Staccato for making that rape post, the smashboarders started making rape jokes and I kept laughing at them and now I'm going to hell and it's YOUR FAULT.

Teasel

Rlan said:
ehy it's the adventure mode update that i wanted today and that i didn't got... anyway those direct link don't work for me
first trailer has the hammer bros assist trophy and you can notice stickers dropping out of enemy in the third one and i wonder what's the point of those weird golden smash coin you can carry around (the bar on left also look interessing)

NeonZ

Does anyone know how to download videos from gametrailers? I'm clicking in the download option, and there's a little "Right click and save as" text, but I've already tried that everywhere and it doesn't seem to work.

NeonZ said:
Does anyone know how to download videos from gametrailers? I'm clicking in the download option, and there's a little "Right click and save as" text, but I've already tried that everywhere and it doesn't seem to work.

I think that in this case, it means that the video is simply not available for download. Seems like it only happens when the flash version is the only one available via streaming. You should try finding videos available in versions other than flash to verify this theory.
Still, as demonstrated above by Rlan, there is still a way to find the direct link of these flash videos to download them, but I'm not particularly aware of the exact method, so you're probably better off asking someone else...

mugwhump

Capsules - I do not recall seeing one exploding capsule/barrel/c
Well thank God. That is seriously sweet.
and finally, C-stick will do aerials even if you're holding an item
Along with the c-stick doing tilts, this is pretty great. I definately wanna play with the GC controller, yupyup.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
all those rape guy quotes, are they not even parodying the guy?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
mugwhump said:
And damn you Staccato for making that rape post, the smashboarders started making rape jokes and I kept laughing at them and now I'm going to hell and it's YOUR FAULT.
They didn't even ban me! Sissies. That shit wouldn't slide over here on NeoGaf.:D

JoeFu said:
I really want to see Samus' alternative suits.

The Dark Link one doesn't seem that cool, but then again I can't watch more than 2 seconds of those videos.

3 2 1!!!

WHO WON
!!! PIKACHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRESS ONE!!!!

ONE MINUTE LEFT

CRUNCH TIME

ONLY HALF THE BATTLE!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Try being there and actually having to listen to it as you are playing :(.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Staccat0 said:
Question:Often the Dojo seems to imply that some of the AT characters aid the person who summons them. Is there any evidence of this? Does hammer bro. hurt you when you summon him? What about any other? Little Mac? The FE girl?

Answer: _________________
PLease fill the blank.
Hate to be this guy but....
Has this question found an answer yet?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
It's like that Batman comic where they keep talking about boners; it's not really funny when they say it once, but when they keep on saying it, it becomes hilarious.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Teasel said:
two new video from ign
Samus VS Link on Halberd - cracker lancher showed in use,zero suit samus taunt (well at least it look like)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=29OjNh-tzrA
Bowser VS Metaknight on Battlefield - OMIGAD both torchic and staryu shown,IGN sucks and so we don't get a chance to see metaknight final smash in action :(
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UYCTTVZQ-k0

...Was Samus using her Fusion Suit colours in that first video?

And so much for the "floating platforms in front of the scenery" issue. It's clear that the Halberd level eventually takes the fighters onto the Halberd's deck eventually. Right in front of the Combo Cannon.

ant1532

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
...Was Samus using her Fusion Suit colours in that first video?
Yep, this is what's known on the colors (taken from Smashboards)

All the costumes that I know of. I will update if you guys tell or show me ones I dont know. Regular costumes are not listed.

A question mark of course will mean incomplete or unknown if its complete.
--------------------

Mario - Fire Mario, Blue, brown/white, Wario, Green

Pikachu - Trainer Hat, Green Bandana, ?, Goggles

Ike - Marth Colors

Donkey Kong - Sasquatch, Red, Green, Blue, ?

Sonic - Blue shades (ring color changes), rumored black shade

Yoshi - Blue, Red, Yellow, Turquoise, Pink

Peach - All Red dress, Daisy, ?, ?

Samus - Phazon Suit, Fusion Suit, Off-gold, ?, (rumored: all melee colors)

Link - Dark, Red, Blue, Purple, Green, Gold

Fox - Wolf-a-like, green, ?, ?

Metaknight - Dark, green, red, yellow, (pink rumored)

Diddy - Purple, Dixie (no hair), ?, ?

Pit (rumored colors) - Red w/ white wings, black w/ black wings, blue w/ blue wings, green, ?

Bowser (shell)- Gold, black, brownish, white

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Awesome videos, the adventure mode looks interesting. You guys need to stop being afraid of making new threads though, the E for All stuff shouldn't have been stuck in the same thread as the Nintendo media event stuff, especially since the adventure mode wasn't even playable at the media event.

jj984jj said:
:lol @ that interview, I wouldn't take anything as confirmed from that. :lol
No, jj984jj, you don't understand, man. There have been people saying they don't think Luigi will be in the game. LUIGI.

I will take any piece of evidence to get them to shut up.

traveler

Not Wario
ShockingAlberto said:
No, jj984jj, you don't understand, man. There have been people saying they don't think Luigi will be in the game. LUIGI.

I will take any piece of evidence to get them to shut up.

Well, didn't Sakurai say they were going to eliminate the clone characters? So, wouldn't that mean that either (a) he's been removed from the game (at least as a playable) or (b) been changed up radically? I'd love to see the former, but I dunno.

Jiggy

Why do both the interviewer and interviewee sound so... I don't even know what to call it. Like they're not particularly serious gamers, perhaps.

Top Bottom