• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

kazuo

Ookami-kun said:
So yeah, it is confirmed that the game is in Taito X2.

I was unaware that there was any legit reason to doubt it, even before the loctests:

- CapCom had previously committed to supporting Taito's TypeX2 hardware and releasing several titles (which is basically the standard for "big" arcade games nowadays in Japan)

- The game was clearly loaded in Vewlix cabs, which were made specifically for TypeX/2.

In any case, it's good to know this for a fact... I won't need to buy more shitty hardware to play it lol

taku

Atomspike said:
I like this version of Ryu way more than the SF4 version , SF4 Ryu looks straight out of Gears of War, which is a shame.

I whole heartedly agree.

Man I am so psyched about TvsC and SFIV. I've got my HRAP EX preordered, hoping it ships soon so I can mod it!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, I thought the Narutimate Hero 3, Accel 1 and 2 were a lot more "beautiful-looking" than this, so I thought this could go to PS2.

TreIII

The 2ch populace seems to be basically accepting this as truth, whether they actually like it or not. :lol

If this is indeed true, then I guess that one 2channer who called for "Wii exclusive" was onto something after all...

Pai Pai Master said:
Dammit...I wanted to import it.

You still can. If you have a Wii that hasn't been updated past 3.2, get Freeloader. Problem solved.

Otherwise, you can use the Homebrew app through Geckoloader to do basically the same thing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Barkley's Justice said:
ahwww...look at them go...they get so happy when a game is potentially being released on their system. so cute!
... We are happy its coming out for a console. Its a lot easier to import a console game then an arcade cabinet.

Also, who says the PS2 is powerful enough to run the game? People do seem to over look that even the gamecube was stronger then the PS2.

TreIII

Tenbatsu said:
OMG, its really coming to Wii, time to get a japanese Wii.

Well, to be fair, we're not 100% sure. From what I heard, Fighter's Front Line usually knows their stuff, and they're fairly credible. But we probably should still wait for something more credible in something like Famitsu before we start really getting hot n bothered, eh? :D

DrKirby said:
Also, who says the PS2 is powerful enough to run the game? People do seem to over look that even the gamecube was stronger then the PS2.

True. But there HAVE been several Taito Type X/X2 games that have ran on the PS2. King of Fighters: MI Regulation A, a TX2 game, being a fairly recent example of this.

In the end, it really depends on how far TC pushes the X2 hardware. If the PS2 could run a version of the game with minimal/no sacrifices necessary, chances are, Capcom won't miss the chance to make it so.

Tenbatsu

TreIII said:
Well, to be fair, we're not 100% sure. From what I heard, Fighter's Front Line usually knows their stuff, and they're fairly credible. But we probably should still wait for something more credible in something like Famitsu before we start really getting hot n bothered, eh? :D
True but problem is that site is really credible thats why....

TreIII

Tenbatsu said:
True but problem is that site is really credible thats why....

I know. But like I said, because the benefit of the doubt IS there, I don't think it's 100% safe to parade about just yet.

I mean, shoot, it being on the Wii would be perfectly fine by me (PS2/Wii/PS3, I'm covered!), but I would still like to see a bit more, before I'm ready to invest in getting a few more PS2-GC port converters for my friends. :D

Tenbatsu

TreIII said:
I know. But like I said, because the benefit of the doubt IS there, I don't think it's 100% safe to parade about just yet.

I mean, shoot, it being on the Wii would be perfectly fine by me (PS2/Wii/PS3, I'm covered!), but I would still like to see a bit more, before I'm ready to invest in getting a few more PS2-GC port converters for my friends. :D
I understand, its the following list that makes me made this rush decision ;_;

Fragile
Fatal Frame 4
Tenchu 4
Captain Rainbow
Sky Crawlers

And lastly my most impt game, Monster Hunter 3. Still I will wait a while thou:D

zoku88

haunts said:
Why do people think this wont come out here? Marvel is huge in the states..
Marvel is also one company that owns all of its properties in the US.

It's not coming over for the same reason why SRW doesn't come out in the US (except for the ones that are 100% original.) Too many companies hold the licenses.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh my god... it looks unbelievable. Please, please, PLEASE, PS2 port to US/EU.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ferrio said:
Licensing problems, same reason why something like Jump Ultimate Stars can't come over.

Oohh.. The characters arent all owned by one company then?

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for a souped up version, aka MVC3. :D

Boss Doggie

Actually, the only anime that they will have problem with are three - Casshern, Tekkaman and Gatchaman. Assuming they will add Go Mifune (Speed Racer/Mach GoGoGo!), Yattaro (Kyatto Ninden Teyande/Samurai Pizza Cats), and Karas, that adds to a total of six.

TreIII

haunts said:
Oohh.. The characters arent all owned by one company then?

Well, they are...in Japan. Tatsunoko owns all of its own stuff in Japan, so that made it easy for Capcom to just enter into a deal with them directly.

However, it's not that simple over here, because as soon as they would try to bring this game over here, problems would arise, because other parties own rights to some of the properties in the game. Ookami basically outlined what would be the main issues (with the omission of Tekkaman Blade, who I also think would be at least some what likely, if not for this game, then certainly a sequel).

So basically, as long as there would stand to be ANY issues, TC ain't coming here. I mean, shoot, the likes of Hokuto no Ken (ASW, PS2) for technically similar reasons, Sega only had to do deal with ONE IP in each instance.

Like 85% of all good FGs that come out...be ready to import if you want in on the party.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
^This.

Honestly the only chance we have to ever get this game out of Japan is that Capcom gets back the Marvel licence and converts the game to Marvel vs Capcom 3.

v0yce

Grecco said:
If it comes out on X360 couldnt they just make it Region free ?

You could hope for an Asia version. But the chances of a Japanese only Street Fighter game being on the 360 are small IMO.

Probably PS2 or PS3, so playing the import shouldn't be too much of a hurdle.

TreIII

Straight on the heels of the Wii "confirmation" (it seems to basically confirmed, but yeah, I'll wait til a more mainstream source...), 2ch delivers on yet another interesting tidbit.

If the newest blurbs are to be believed, Doronjo (from Yatterman, aka Marjo in Time Bokan and etc.) and Rockman Volnutt are the two newest unveils for TC.

Reportedly, there's supposed to be a new promo vid going around, and just in time for SBO, nonetheless.

Taken with salt grains and all that until we get 100% proof, but if true, this party only gets better by the day. :D

Gyat dammit Capcom, how did you go from basically having no FG presence for years on end, to rocking my world so badly with TC?!

Boss Doggie

doronjo.jpg

BOOBIES!

So unless you count Morrigan, Doronjo is the only villain in this game so far.

I'm guessing they'll use her slightly sexed up 2008 design what with the remake currently airing and all.

TreIII

donkey show said:
:O

Time to start modding my Hori sticks.

You can do that, or you can like purchase a GC-PS2 port converter for like 5-15 bucks on Play-asia. That way, you can still use whatever FG-stuff you got for the PS2 on the Wii as well, and you save money and time.

Boss Doggie

Well, there's a chance for a PS2 port too...

...besides, if you're a fighting game fan then you MUST have an import/modded console. :p

Top Bottom