• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Netto-kun said:
Yeah, I noticed too. It's also the same person voicing Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece.:D

Oh, I didn't know that (I don't watch One Piece). It's cool I guess. Mega Man's voice was annoying and really too childish in MVC 1 and 2. On the other hand, I hate Rockman Dash's design.

TreIII

Mattlikewhoa said:
I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Has the player list been finalized???

Not by far. Rumor has it that we're supposed to possibly get more character updates in an upcoming Famitsu ish. Whether it's just more confirmation for Rockman Trigger/Volnutt and Doronjo, or more characters than that, is any one's guess.

Game's not coming out til the end of the year at the earliest any way, so Capcom can afford to drip-feed as much as they want.

After Trigger and Doronjo though? All I really could stand to see is Viewtiful Joe and/or Gene the God Hand. Give me either of those two, and Capcom could throw in any one else they wish on the Capcom side, and I'll be happy. The Tatsunoko side is already making me pleased as punch as it is! :D

Kilrogg said:
Oh, I didn't know that (I don't watch One Piece). It's cool I guess. Mega Man's voice was annoying and really too childish in MVC 1 and 2. On the other hand, I hate Rockman Dash's design.
I suggest starting now.

Also holy hell this looks sweet.

Perdew

TreIII said:
After Trigger and Doronjo though? All I really could stand to see is Viewtiful Joe and/or Gene the God Hand. Give me either of those two, and Capcom could throw in any one else they wish on the Capcom side, and I'll be happy. The Tatsunoko side is already making me pleased as punch as it is! :D

I agree, the line-up is so niche and great! I was expecting Dante/Someone form Resident Evil but it seems like he won't make it in at this point.

TreIII said:
Not by far. Rumor has it that we're supposed to possibly get more character updates in an upcoming Famitsu ish. Whether it's just more confirmation for Rockman Trigger/Volnutt and Doronjo, or more characters than that, is any one's guess.

Game's not coming out til the end of the year at the earliest any way, so Capcom can afford to drip-feed as much as they want.

Ah okay, thanks for the info:D And I totally forgot about how long we are away for this to be released in the arcades...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hopefully we see more!

Also notice that we're getting an animated opening and a possibility of more than 1 character per series? :D

Tenbatsu

Ookami-kun said:
Hopefully we see more!

Also notice that we're getting an animated opening and a possibility of more than 1 character per series? :D
The animated opening seems high production, I'm guessing its handled by Tatsunoko.

Boss Doggie

Did you know that Trigger's VA also voiced someone from Li'l Bits? Maybe they could get in this game after all. :D

He did win the only TvC tournament we've had in America and won the MvC2 title 6 times, I think if any one can say the guys playing suck its him. Also it was being shown at SBO the biggest fighting game event in the world, you think they could have got some better players.

Dali

miggsthejust said:
He did win the only TvC tournament we've had in America and won the MvC2 title 6 times, I think if any one can say the guys playing suck its him. Also it was being shown at SBO the biggest fighting game event in the world, you think they could have got some better players.
First of all he's being cocky about how good he is at a video game. Being cocky in general is for douchebags, but it takes a special brand of douche to rag on people because they aren't as good as you at a video game.

Secondly MM was just unveiled. I'm just assuming that going from one video to the other not much time had elapsed between the character being unveiled and super douche saying "This guy sucks w/ Megaman".

nightez

Banned
TreIII said:
SF4 is one of the more recent exceptions, but the greater deal of Capcom's last few FG-related releases have all been/will be on one console (PS2). And all of those were games that were made on a "cost effective" budget, so they didn't need to sell millions in order to make money. (Well...except Sengoku BASARA X, which didn't really sell at all, and flopped).

This game is looking to be doing something similar to those PS2 releases, just on the Wii this time. Obviously, this game was made on a cheaper budget than SF4's, so that would afford Capcom much in the way of being able to have a game that could be released on the Wii, and doesn't have to sell millions in order to keep the suits happy. Plus, considering how Tatsunoko is basically the Hanna-Barbara of Japan, I could see the game selling well amongst the Japanese on fan service appeal alone.

I doubt it the PS2 releases were all re-using art assets, animations and sounds from previous Capcom games. This game is all new content, all new art and a new engine. Which suggests its using a reasonable production budget.

TreIII

nightez said:
I doubt it the PS2 releases were all re-using art assets, animations and sounds from previous Capcom games.

Not quite. For instance, Sengoku BASARA X? Fate: UC? Those were all-new games that were built from the ground-up on 246/256 hardware. No re-used assets what-so-ever.

Even so, they were "low budget" releases, for what they were: games that were meant to be "cost-effective" cash-ins, without Capcom having to invest but so much money.

In that light, yes, TC is more in the same boat of those games, as opposed to SF4. Most everybody agrees that SF4 is the game that Capcom put so much of their money into, while TC, by comparison, is much more cost-effective.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Dali said:
First of all he's being cocky about how good he is at a video game. Being cocky in general is for douchebags, but it takes a special brand of douche to rag on people because they aren't as good as you at a video game.

Secondly MM was just unveiled. I'm just assuming that going from one video to the other not much time had elapsed between the character being unveiled and super douche saying "This guy sucks w/ Megaman".

Not that I don't agree about people needing to be humble, but...it's SBO. If you are at evo and Sbo, and showing off whomever, you best come correct. They probably could have gotten someone who was better at the game. I mean, these are the same dudes who found Alex's "infinite" the first time they played back at evo. The same ones who found the different combos and stuff with no help from anyone. :S Douche comment is indeed douchey. I won't be a hypocrite though. I say the same stuff when companies show off various games to the public, especially if it's something like DMC.

RedBoot

Ookami-kun said:
and a possibility of more than 1 character per series? :D

I still think they'll say Doronjo is from Time Bokan or something instead, just to keep it up. Not much different from saying Ryu and Chun Li are from "different" games.

I wonder how many characters more there are. I figure 20 total is pretty reasonable, though I do imagine using the 3D models over sprites makes it easier to make new characters. I would expect to see a Capcom equivalent for Gold Lightan, at any rate. Maybe Nemesis or Tyrant?

duckroll

RedBoot said:
I still think they'll say Doronjo is from Time Bokan or something instead, just to keep it up. Not much different from saying Ryu and Chun Li are from "different" games.

I wonder how many characters more there are. I figure 20 total is pretty reasonable, though I do imagine using the 3D models over sprites makes it easier to make new characters. I would expect to see a Capcom equivalent for Gold Lightan, at any rate. Maybe Nemesis or Tyrant?

B00008NB76.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

or

mechalost.jpg

MoxManiac

RedBoot said:

Is Gold Lightan the boss of TvC?

m3k

i remember wanting to distance myself from nerds who talked like that at arcades when i would play third strike... morons

anyway the game looks fun to me even though i don't know much about tatsunko... much better looking in motion than i expected from the original pictures released

jman2050

Okay, so I completely ignored this game for whatever reason, but after seeing the videos I've got to get my hands on this when it comes out.

RedBoot

MoxManiac said:

Dunno. But, if I'm not mistaken, he hasn't been playable in any of the location tests yet (right? I could be wrong on this). Plus the whole two lifebars thing.

Maybe he'll be a mid-boss when using a Capcom character, and have a Capcom character serve the same purpose against Tatsunoko characters? SNK vs Capcom did a similar thing. Then you could have some Abyss-esque random baddie for the final boss.

Speaking of Abyss, it'd be kind of cool for Ruby Heart to make a return in this game.

TreIII

MoxManiac said:

Nope, doesn't look like it.

For the sake of the tests, he's the "boss", but that's it. And he doesn't have two lifebars, it's just one imposed over the spot where two normally be, and it seems to have the same amount of "longevity" as any other character.

He's a pretty pathetic "boss", at this rate, which is among the many reasons which seem to point to that he will not only not be a "boss", but that he'll be playable.

Olaeh

RedBoot said:
Speaking of Abyss, it'd be kind of cool for Ruby Heart to make a return in this game.

That would be awesome. I never thought they'd bring in Batsu, so maybe there is hope. So far I like all the characters they've shown. Do it Capcom!!

Boss Doggie

Famitsu usually gets the characters first.

Anyway, looks like Kotaku finally "caught up" with the updates... but it saddens me that they tend to ignore Doronjo, the character who gets the many awes in the trailer. =(

Blueblur1

Volnutt's inclusion is an odd choice. I'm guessing Capcom has been listening to Inafune and want to test the waters. Mega Man Legends 3 would be sweet.

TreIII

Blueblur1 said:
Volnutt's inclusion is an odd choice. I'm guessing Capcom has been listening to Inafune and want to test the waters. Mega Man Legends 3 would be sweet.

It's not as odd as you may think. The DASH series' fan base is strongest in Japan, and well, this game is marketed mainly (or rather ONLY) in Japan. As far as they're concerned, DASH is right up there with Classic and EXE as being the most popular Rockman series ever. Kobun(Servbots), the Bonnes, and Rock Volnutt himself insure that much.

Giving Rockman Trigger more exposure of this sort could only be good for him. I'd like to think that if this momentum keeps up, we may eventually see a DASH 3 (probably on Wii).

hitsugi

seriously?

..the game has 3 buttons, and needs a lot of fixing before it'll be taken seriously by people (this was also the going word at evo)

TreIII

hitsugi said:
seriously?

..the game has 3 buttons, and needs a lot of fixing before it'll be taken seriously by people (this was also the going word at evo)

Game's not supposed to be released until December, at the earliest.

I'd like to think that, like SF4 before it, this extensive testing period is only being used to make it so that they can afford to take their time and, ideally, get it as "right" as possible.

TreIII

FoxSpirit said:
I am more amazed you didn't notice the Stun-Gun-Headbut combo. Full damage... and I saw it coming, why else play Alex in this game at them moment :lol

The "EVO Build", for the record, is old-hat now. What it had doesn't really apply any more.

For instance, the Stun Gun Headbutt is not as powerful as it used to be. It was already toned down (but still quite good) by the 3rd loke test. No longer can you basically do a 100% combo with it, because you can't link it again and again, and you don't get free meter from doing it.

Top Bottom