• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Gagaman said:
I thought Gainax made Evangelion?
They did, Tatsunoko may have helped but they have no say over licensing. People who expect it to show up are dumb dummies.

mollipen

I noticed SoulTaker on the list of products they've worked on. For some reason, I really dug that show, so I'd love to see a character or two from there (I REALLY wouldn't be surprised if Komugi makes it into this).

Oh, and FREAKIN' ZILLION. J.J., Apple, or Champ in the game? Utter fappage right there.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So will we finally see Dante, Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Amateratsu and God Hand characters in a fighting game?

ezekial45

Banned
GATCHAMAN!!!!!

Dare da, dare da, dare da
Sora no kanata ni odoru kage
Shiroi tsubasa no Gatchaman!

Too bad it ain't coming here.

Blacktin0

Banned
HK-47 said:
So will we finally see Dante, Zero, Viewtiful Joe, Amateratsu and God Hand characters in a fighting game?
The thought of any of these characters (minus amateratsu who the fuck?) making it into this game makes me excited to play it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Blacktin0 said:
The thought of any of these characters (minus amateratsu who the fuck?) making it into this game makes me excited to play it.

Amaterasu is the main character of Okami you uncultured swine.

Blacktin0

Banned
thetrin said:
Amaterasu is the main character of Okami you uncultured swine.

Oh No! i didn't know the name of the wolf from a game whose introduction sent me to sleep bitter fanboy tears
222046944_dd2ab92e23.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
ShinAmano said:
why do people have the idea that it will not leave Japan?

The same reasons that most of the other unique japanese games haven't come to the west. Who holds the licesenses Gatchaman, Casshern, and all the other Tatsunoko products in other countries?

LiK

i dont care if this is japan only. i want a console version so i can import it. the announcement is for the arcade version only..

Shouta

It's real!? OMFG, WIN! AND Tatsunoko too!? I <3 TATSUNOKO! RAWRARARWARARARAREFDAFASFADF!

I should note that this will probably only involve shows that are Tatsunoko works as opposed to stuff they've worked ON. So I doubt we'll see Macross or Evangelion in this =P.

Tekkaman Blade, SoulTaker, and Generator Gawl as possible characters in the line-up? YES PRZ!

Also, is it me or does that Ryu Sprite look like the one they used in CvS2?

Teknoman

Hinomura said:
Great news! :)

Please, Capcom do a good job and don't hire Dragonball games developers this time!

If you're not familiar with Tatsunoko production and you fear they miss fighting characters, please have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatsunoko - furthermore it's not the first time we have Tatsunoko chars in a VS (ie Takara's Tatsunoko Fighter for PS1, even it was nothing special).

Please, Capcom!

You know Dimps isnt bad in the least bit right?

Ferrio

Banned
Is Tatsunoko more popular than Jump at this day in age, especially in the US? I guess it has Eva....but you think Jump would attract more people... and make more sense than giant robots.

Eitherway, isn't this what killed alot of SF3's glory, MvC? Is this a Redux with SF4?

TreIII

OH YES! ALL OVER MY FACE! :lol :lol :lol

There's a possibility that a friggin Gatchaman will be teaming up with a friggin' Rockman and kicking ass. That's enough to make me splooge in happiness.

Do we have an idea of what arcade board it's going to be on? It looks nice regardless...

Mikey 2x4

pick up your hentai tomorrow
Having Speed and Racer X would be so awesome.

And, as someone said, having someone from DMC (hopefully Nero) would be awesometastic!

shoplifter

Seriously, I have three demands for this game:

1) Playable Superbook characters

2) The Flying House as a super or stage

3) Spritle as a playable character with a Chim Chim super.

TreIII

Ferrio said:
Is Tatsunoko more popular than Jump at this day in age, especially in the US? I guess it has Eva....but you think Jump would attract more people... and make more sense than giant robots.

Tatsunoko does have more overall staying power, I would think. While the likes of various Jump franchises popularity may rise and fall over the years, things like Gatchaman and Mach Go Go (Speed Racer) stay pretty damn consistent over the many years.

And besides, it may be a thing that Capcom thought that Tatsunoko had more in the way of overall "untapped" potential. We can see Naruto, DBZ and Bleach any day of the week, but how many times do we see Samurai Pizza Cats and such? That may help do more to help it stand out.

Eitherway, isn't this what killed alot of SF3's glory, MvC? Is this a Redux with SF4?

Well, depends on the region, and how one looks at it.

The Marvel games definitely did do a lot to steal attention away from SF3 in the West, but the Zero/Alpha series had a definite hand in SF3's fall as well, worldwide. When it came down to it, more people wanted to play SFZ3, which more characters that they loved, rather than 3S, despite how much prettier it looked.

Then there's always the thing that being on the CPS3 hardware made the game more expensive, which, combined with what I listed above, only gave more incentive for arcade owners to just stick with the CPS stuff that they KNEW sold well, and that was Marvel and Zero.

Depending on which arcade board this game is meant for, it could definitely stand to be a thing where history repeats itself. If it's for lower-end, cheaper systems like 256 or Examu's new board...SF4's ass is effectively grass...especially in Japan.

jarrod

Banned
TreIII said:
Depending on which arcade board this game is meant for, it could definitely stand to be a thing where history repeats itself. If it's for lower-end, cheaper systems like 256 or Examu's new board...SF4's ass is effectively grass...especially in Japan.
I dunno, Type X is pretty cheap and widespread itself (way more than Examu at least). It's not like SF4's on Lindbergh or something, it's already on what's basically the most used current arcade platform (RIP Naomi).

In fact, I'll be shocked if this isn't on Type-X as well...

Bebpo

Banned
Great news. Hopefully it plays EXACTLY like the MvC games with floaty juggles and insane hit # combos and huge beam supers. MvC games weren't the most balanced, but they were the most fun.

Also I hope the roster is at least MvC1 size.

TreIII

jarrod said:
I dunno, Type X is pretty cheap and widespread itself (way more than Examu at least). It's not like SF4's on Lindbergh or something, it's already on what's basically the most used current arcade platform (RIP Naomi).

In fact, I'll be shocked if this isn't on Type-X as well...

More wide-spread? Yeah. Cheaper? Don't quite think so.

If I remember correctly, Examu's system isn't a HD-compliant board, so it's cheaper by default. And with that board playing host to Arcana Heart 2, you can bet that it will eventually be all over the place.

In the end, we can only wait and see, I guess. Some version of the X wouldn't surprise me, but I wouldn't balk at the notion of it going some place as low as the 256 (if they think such a game could render it alright).

TreIII

There's a better quality scan out there now.

Go to some man's place, or a place named after a famous fighting game move, and you should be able to find it, eventually. :lol

But any way...yeah, it definitely is 3D on 2D. And it looks friggin GOOD.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Bebpo said:
Great news. Hopefully it plays EXACTLY like the MvC games with floaty juggles and insane hit # combos and huge beam supers. MvC games weren't the most balanced, but they were the most fun.

Also I hope the roster is at least MvC1 size.

Yeah, I think it's unrealistic to hope for a MvC2 size lineup out of the gate.

Really, all I wanted were Gatchaman and Casshern, though, and they're in. :D

thetrin

Blacktin0 said:
Oh No! i didn't know the name of the wolf from a game whose introduction sent me to sleep bitter fanboy tears

Don't worry. I'm sure this game will have enough flashing lights and shiny objects to keep you interested.

g35twinturbo said:
oh no :( they made that movie?

Uh...no. You do realize the movie was based on a 70's anime, right?

Shouta

Ferrio said:
More classic appeal than Shueisha series. In Japan, I think you'd find Gatchaman fairly well-known. I mean, they still make parody references to it to this day. And Eva isn't a Tatsunoko property, they did work on it as I recall but they don't own it so I doubt it'll show up. Would be wild if it did though.

Whoa thats awesome. Just having the various incarnations of the Time Bokan characters fight each other would have been cool as it is.

Top Bottom