• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

TreIII

Perdew said:
That Rockman Dash stage gives me hope for Rock or Roll Caskett as playables. I'd be so happy.

I dunno, I'm hoping more for classic Rockman.

Don't get me wrong, I love the DASH series, but original Rock would just fit SO much better here, considering that a number of Rockman's roots can be found in 60s/70s shows, not unlike, and including, a number of Tatsunoko's shows.

I mean, for instance, Blues/Protoman himself is practically a composite of Racer X's character archetype. :lol

Of course, on the other hand, maybe they could stand to have more than one Rockman representative. After all, we can expect to see more SF chars beyond Ryu and Chunners, so why not have OG Rockman, as well as maybe Tron Bonne again?

Bebpo

Banned
Shouta said:
FerrioIs Tatsunoko more popular than Jump at this day in age said:
More classic appeal than Shueisha series. In Japan, I think you'd find Gatchaman fairly well-known. I mean, they still make parody references to it to this day. And Eva isn't a Tatsunoko property, they did work on it as I recall but they don't own it so I doubt it'll show up. Would be wild if it did though.

I'm pretty sure Jump is taken already, just like Marvel & DC. Leaving Capcom with not many options.

Could've done a Ghibli v. Capcom but I think beating Totoro bloody would've been upsetting.

Perdew

TreIII said:
I dunno, I'm hoping more for classic Rockman.

Don't get me wrong, I love the DASH series, but original Rock would just fit SO much better here, considering that a number of Rockman's roots can be found in 60s/70s shows, not unlike, and including, a number of Tatsunoko's shows.

I mean, for instance, Blues/Protoman himself is practically a composite of Racer X's character archetype. :lol

Of course, on the other hand, maybe they could stand to have more than one Rockman representative. After all, we can expect to see more SF chars beyond Ryu and Chunners, so why not have OG Rockman, as well as maybe Tron Bonne again?

Blues vs Racer X will BLOW MY MIND!

But yea, we've had Rock and Roll and Tronne and even Zero in fighters before. In fact, Lan and his Navi were even in that Onimusha fighter. I'd like to play as the Caskett Crew for once.

And since you mentioned it, I really want Blues in too.

Bebpo said:
I'm pretty sure Jump is taken already, just like Marvel & DC. Leaving Capcom with not many options.

Could've done a Ghibli v. Capcom but I think beating Totoro bloody would've been upsetting.
gangan?

Or maybe one of the seinen?

TreIII

Pai Pai Master said:
Bah, what ever happened to Sammy vs. Capcom?

Nothing ever came of that pairing. The most we had was in the form of a title card, but that's about it. I think it's safe to presume that any and all plans fell through when Sammy and Sega got boo'd up, and furthermore, when ASW decided to effectively ditch Sega entirely.

And besides...

yurinka said:
Tatsunoko vs Capcom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sammy vs Capcom

...is the gospel truth! :lol

Perdew said:
Blues vs Racer X will BLOW MY MIND!

But yea, we've had Rock and Roll and Tronne and even Zero in fighters before. In fact, Lan and his Navi were even in that Onimusha fighter. I'd like to play as the Caskett Crew for once.

And since you mentioned it, I really want Blues in too.

On another note, I guess some one from the ZX crew could also work in a way, if only because of their "Henshin" thing that might be an interesting thing to cross-over with some one like Gatchaman.

But still...if there was going to be any Henshin heroes for the Capcom side, it NEEDS to be Viewtiful Joe! :D :D

Dali

Even if this is 2.5D I'm hyped for this game. Seems like the speculation about what moving to 3D assets could mean for the Capcom fighter assembly line were true. This is going to be so awesome when they get around to the older IP's.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Tekkaman vs. Q

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Also, yes hugeass beam supers are in, there is a picture of Ryu's hadouken super in the magazine and its fucking huge.

This is the sequel to MVC2. Heavens be praised.

Shouta

sp0rsk said:
Tekkaman vs. Q

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Also, yes hugeass beam supers are in, there is a picture of Ryu's hadouken super in the magazine and its fucking huge.

Man, Tekkaman Blade's Voltekker is gonna take up the entire screen if Ryu's Shinkuu Hadouken is that big. :lol

sp0rsk said:
Tekkaman vs. Q

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Only if it has, I WANNA TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE!

Perdew

sp0rsk said:
burbur burbur beeeooooweeeeeeeeooo

3rd Strike and MVC2 both has such amazing, completely out there soundtracks, I pray for the best here.

With every post in here I get more pumped for it. The MM Cafe guys seem to be loving this news, too.

TreIII

sp0rsk said:

I wouldn't be too sure...

It may have over-the-top supers, and it may have tag game play, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's 100% guaranteed to be "Marvel vs. Capcom, only with Tatsunoko this time instead of Marvel".

Just like the 2.5D-ness of it guarantees that it won't feel 100% like a true 2D fighter, I'm assuming this will be something at least some what different.

Not that I would mind though...game looks great, and probably will be fun....even if it is a thinly veiled project that, much like the "Mah-Vel" games before it, was developed on a budget and will probably be broken in several ways, but will also receive huge returns, thanks to the exploitation of childhood memories and people liking this crazy shit. :D

"Capcom lines their pockets, thanks to a new, cheaply-made Versus title. Film at 11!" :lol

KTallguy

Banned
I wonder if it's going to be more geared towards fanservice, or if they're going to try hard to make a good game...

Also, I wonder if this will ever be released in the US.

TreIII

KTallguy said:
I wonder if it's going to be more geared towards fanservice, or if they're going to try hard to make a good game...

What do you think...? :lol

That's probably going to be the one definite thing this game will have in come with the Marvel games, most definitely...

Also, I wonder if this will ever be released in the US.

That...unfortunately, is doubtful.

The licensing/red tape nightmare would probably put this game in the same avenue as the likes of Super Robot Wars.

Not that I think that Capcom would really be trying to push for this game to come over here any way. It's a Japanese fanboy circle jerk in video game form, and that's precisely who they're trying to sell the game to.

As far as Capcom of America and other planning divisions are concerned, we have "our" thing in the form of SF4.

Shouta said:
I just realized that TreIII is CyberAkuma at least I think. :lol

....! You know one of my other identities! PERISH!!! :lol :lol

TreIII

I guess... :lol

Here, SRK, GFaqs, MMCafe, Dustloop, even do a guest stint over at s-c.com from time to time...I am EVERYWHERE. :D

kazuo

Yoboman said:
Seriously? Ugh

They couldn't have used a more suitable company like Jump?

Sorry bro, YOU LOSE.

Tatsunoko has YEARS of history behind it, classics like Gatchaman, Casshaan, Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeada/Mospeeder/Motorcycles that are fuckin awesome/etc, and so on and so forth. Screw JUMP.

This is awesome. I seriously just creamed myself.

Just keep Ono the hell away from it kthx.

Kintaro said:
This announcement officially makes it Casshern day.
You got my vote. Fucking KYASHYAAAAAN

All it needs now is Tekkaman and Samurai Pizza Cats hahahahaha

Epic. I'm excited.

Tenbatsu

In case people are still wondering, this game is in 2.5D with 3D cell shaded characters. The artist for Tatsunoko characters seems to be Shinkiro, not sure about the Capcom's one.

zurra

i don't think i'd actually use any capcom characters in this... but OMG!!! the possibilities!

PLEASE HAVE KARAS! ............and Littl' Bits. Lillabit vs. B.B. Hood!

duckroll

Personally I think Soul Taker, Tekkaman, Tekkaman Blade, and Karas are all locks. The article is very specific that they're going for Tatsunoko HEROES vs Capcom to continue the series that started with X-men vs Street Fighter. Don't expect to see random anime stuff, they're focusing on the HERO branding.

duckroll

HK-47 said:
So can we expect characters outside the SF games or is this more like Capcom vs SNK?

Outside SF games. One of the backgrounds has the Tron Bonne train with Servbots around it. It's a continuation of the Marvel vs Capcom series, just without Marvel.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
INSERT FANTASTIC PHOTO OF CASSHERN HERE

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Momar

aka Ryder
thetrin said:
A2106-18.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

What are you so proud of? =(

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ryder said:
What are you so proud of? =(

CASSHERN IN A CAPCOM FIGHTING GAME!!!! :DDDDDDD

Tenbatsu said:
I cant believe people call this guy 'Gay Shredder', dam.

It makes me cry. T_T

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
DUDE! I never knew they had there hands in so much stuff!

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
G-FORCE!

Imagine!

G-Force Vs. Stryder or something! fucking sex!

Shig said:
They did, Tatsunoko may have helped but they have no say over licensing. People who expect it to show up are dumb dummies.
Who the Hell wants Evangelion in this? Evangelion is garbage. Fact.

This is a really interesting mix, and I'm looking forward to it.

Teknoman

Tenbatsu said:
In case people are still wondering, this game is in 2.5D with 3D cell shaded characters. The artist for Tatsunoko characters seems to be Shinkiro, not sure about the Capcom's one.

Nice. Definatly going to try a Tekkaman (i've got to :lol ) and Rockman character combo. I wonder if they'll use X and Zero this time around instead of Megaman and Roll?

thetrin

Teknoman said:
Nice. Definatly going to try a Tekkaman (i've got to :lol ) and Rockman character combo. I wonder if they'll use X and Zero this time around instead of Megaman and Roll?

Zero, Casshan and tekkaman in a game together? HOT.

icecream

Public Health Threat
duckroll said:
Personally I think Soul Taker, Tekkaman, Tekkaman Blade, and Karas are all locks. The article is very specific that they're going for Tatsunoko HEROES vs Capcom to continue the series that started with X-men vs Street Fighter.
That means there's still hope for a Komugi, right?

Top Bottom