• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Xabora

Bizzyb said:
Why can't they bring this to the states?? Because it has Tatsunoko characters?? Can't Capcom just pony up for some licensing fees or something? The game would sell like ****ing gangbusters if they brought it to the states
Well we know several good and crappy US companies hold the rights/liceneses to the Tatsunoko characters.
Getting it ported over would be a massive hassle.

EDIT: Dammit, I thought I was editing.

Tenbatsu

More photos from the events.
cpeve12.jpg

cpeve21.jpg

cpeve19.jpg

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20081104/capeve.htm
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1219449_1124.html

Varjet

Teknoman said:
They owe us for not making Viewtiful Joe 3. He's supposed to save the world THREE TIMES damn it! Whats in that castle?!
"But there awaits an enemy beyond your imagination."
:(

Bizzyb said:
What the *** kind of attitude is that?

How much can translations and legal fees costs? and hell, this game advertises itself. Just put Ryu on the cover with Megaman and VJ

It takes money to make money
You should never be in charge of anything ever.

So is there any chance this will come to 360 in the US?
Not really.

Hardware is Wii-based, game will likely not come to America, anyway, Tatsunoko isn't really a "geeks and otaku" that buy the 360 in Japan brand, and porting it to an HD system even in Japan is probably more money than it's worth at the moment.

DataBot

Thw biggest question for me is it going to have Wi-Fi .

Still no official announcments? better have it capcom its the year 2008.

DataBot said:
Thw biggest question for me is it going to have Wi-Fi .

Still no official announcments? better have it capcom its the year 2008.
I thought it was said to not have it honestly, but im not too sure if that was official though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The-Switcher said:
You're probably right.

On a completely unrelated note, I should go back to my GameCube and dig out my copies of Onimusha 4, Darkstalkers, and Street Fighter III.

:lol Don't forget about Lost Planet and the quiz game that Saki is from!

Linkhero1 said:
They should put Strider in :eek:

He is the biggest omission on the Capcom side for sure. But there could still be more characters yet to be revealed, right?

boutrosinit said:
They did. He was in a Final Fight VS game I believe. it was cock.

The closest you'll get is Zangief's alt costume in SF4

Haggar has been in Final Fight 1-3, Mighty Final Fight, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Ring Of Destruction, Final Fight Revenge, and would have been in the cancelled Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

turk128

Anasui Kishibe said:
I want to give those artists head

seriously, Capcom delivers some of the coolest artwork I've seen
All of the character and promotional art for this game has been amazing (something I can't say for SF4).

Hero

The new alleged boxart is hot. But Joe seems so out of place like he's flying or hovering in place like that. :lol

Netto-kun

The japanese game/CD/manga/DVD/cell phone store WonderGOO is taking preorders of TvC and the arcade stick.

I guess I'll just preorder the game and the stick from there, rather then saving 1500 yen and waiting 1-4 days to recieve the game from Amazon.:lol

And oh, aaaaaaaaawesome artwork.:D

farnham

Banned
hope this works with Freeloader or HBC

Bebpo said:
Is the reason Dante is being left out because he hasn't appeared on any Nintendo systems and they don't feel his fanbase is there?

Dante seems like the most important new Capcom mascot post MvC2. It's odd that he's not in here.

DMC 1 and 2 was big... but DMC 3 and 4 were not that big saleswise.. probably because of DMC 2

Id say Leon S Kennedy should be in

I'm so glad my old roommate is getting this game. With the cast of characters and vids I've seen, I'm pretty certain that this will be in contention for my GOTY. It looks soooo good, and that boxart is amazing. I need a poster of that now.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Hero said:
The new alleged boxart is hot. But Joe seems so out of place like he's flying or hovering in place like that. :lol
actually he seems like he's supporting the title. quite cool.

awesome, awesome art. i do hope it ends up on the box.

now, where's my vanessa? and no zack & wiki in the game = no 3rd buy, you crapcom!

Twig

Banned
I'm not really a fan of fighting games...

But I want this for some reason. D:

Shame there's no Speed, though. Or Zack & Wiki.

Sagitario

Importing this game will be expensive because of the dolar! :(

But Joe is in! :D

Now it only needs someone from Resident Evil [or Dante] and we are set! :D

Top Bottom