• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

karasu

That cell shading looks sub par, the background sucks, the characters look sleepy, and the hadouken looks like shit.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LiK said:
HOLY SHIT, looks better than i thought! thanks for the pics!!!! *love!*

smbzw6.jpg

this Chun Li looks tons better than the fugly version in SFIV

Holy shit yes. WTF Capcom?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
WHAT
NOT ON CONSOLES?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

IVE WAITED YEARS FOR A NEW CAPCOM VS GAME........ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Tiduz said:
WHAT
NOT ON CONSOLES?

Uh, they usually don't announce a console port of an arcade game at the same time as the arcade release. They DO want the game to be successful in arcades first. Keep your pants on.

TreIII

Tiduz said:
WHAT
NOT ON CONSOLES?

Give it time, they'll be a console port eventually.

...Unless they decide to do like they did with MvC2, where the DC and Naomi ports were practically released on the same day in Japan. :lol

Blablurn said:
i love it, despite the fact that i dont know 1 manga of that artist

Tatsunoko is an anime production company... not a manga artist.

Titles range from Macross/Robotech and Cashern to Samurai Pizza Cats and Evangelion

Hopefully you've heard of one of these

Blablurn

FlashbladeGAF said:

Titles range from Macross/Robotech and Cashern to Samurai Pizza Cats and Evangelion

ah yeah at least evangelion. well ive not been into anime recently. just quit naruto, because of the fillers, death note and monster are long ago. :(
(and those mecha things have never been my world, bokurano was nice, though)

FlashbladeGAF said:

No Samurai Pizza Cats, no sale.

LegatoB

Your reminder for page 7: Evangelion is not owned by Tatsunoko, they just did some of the animation for it, so it ain't gonna be in this game. None of the cast is man enough to go toe-to-toe with the announced roster anyway.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Pai Pai Master said:
No Samurai Pizza Cats, no sale.
Tru dat. Speaking of which, why hasn't there been a game on this series yet? Its practically begging for some Capcom treatment.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CASSHERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the art design more than SF4. Yeah, I said it. Don't like it? Too bad.

CASSHERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black King better be an awesome, badass boss in this. :D

Tenbatsu

Kintaro said:
CASSHERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the art design more than SF4. Yeah, I said it. Don't like it? Too bad.

CASSHERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black King better be an awesome, badass boss in this. :D
Your avatar reminded me of the Ranma fighting game for the SNES.

Kintaro

Tenbatsu said:

Which one? Weren't there a couple? I imported one of them I believe. There was a PS1 one as well.

CASSHERN!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
jiji said:
10wk8sg.gif

Man, I'd love a good Airmaster fighter.

I'd love a bad Airmaster fighter.
You'll likely see a Tenjo Tenge fighter first, given how so many fighting games seem to be taking their female characters to ridiculous proportions...

LiK

Tenbatsu said:

that is indeed Happosai from Ranma 1/2. and yes, Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle was a decent fighter :D

Kintaro

The-Switcher said:
I'd like to see a fucking Gurren Lagann fighter.

I'd prefer a Gainax vs. fighter. Eva, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Nadia, Mahoromatic, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, etc. More than enough characters/mecha for a good line up of fighters. :D

Looks neat. Was kinda hoping it'd be 2d but I guess those days are over. Yatterman stage looks cool. I can see the final version of this game looking really nice.

fernoca

Looks nice and quite cool too..
Surpised that it's actually 3D (though fixed in 2D)..the scans made it seem as if it was 2D with sprites..the same old sprites..which made me wish they didn't added Morrigan. :p

Now I want to see the Darkstalkers characters..if there are any.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm actually quite sad that I'm more excited about this than SF4. Even sadder that we probably won't see this game here.

qcf x2

Looks absolutely horrible to me. But it's a new Capcom game so if it plays well, I'll support 'em.

But wow, the graphics. Dreamcast :(

qcf x2

Kintaro said:
I'd prefer a Gainax vs. fighter. Eva, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Nadia, Mahoromatic, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, etc. More than enough characters/mecha for a good line up of fighters. :D

Noriko vs Chun Li

Mahoro vs Makoto

I like your thinking.

LiK

fernoca said:
Looks nice and quite cool too..
Surpised that it's actually 3D (though fixed in 2D)..the scans made it seem as if it was 2D with sprites..the same old sprites..which made me wish they didn't added Morrigan. :p

Now I want to see the Darkstalkers characters..if there are any.

indeed, Morrigan needs an upgraded model

TreIII

qcf x2 said:
Looks absolutely horrible to me. But it's a new Capcom game so if it plays well, I'll support 'em.

But wow, the graphics. Dreamcast :(

Hey, seeing how this probably IS Naomi or System 256 at work here, I think it looks damn fine, if not standard fare for those types of arcade boards.

Top Bottom