• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Kintaro said:
I'd prefer a Gainax vs. fighter. Eva, Gunbuster, Diebuster, Nadia, Mahoromatic, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, etc. More than enough characters/mecha for a good line up of fighters. :D

Gunbuster is unlockable in Neon Genesis Evangelion: Battle Orchestra on the PS2.

TreIII

LiK said:
Final Fight guys, Super Joe Bionic Commando (fits the retro revival), Arthur from Ghouls N goblins, Captain Commando

Exactly. You only forgot Strider Hiryu, imo.

Super Joe would be ok, but in my opinion, he could go back to being just "Commando", while Rad Spencer could be the "true" Bionic Commando.

It'd also be nice if Capcom could give Breath of Fire some love. Doesn't even have to be any of the Ryus. I'm thinking more like Rei (III) or Rand (II).

Oh, and how about Rival Schools? Daigo and Akira were supposed to be in that 3D Capcom All Stars (the one that got canned in favor of CFJ), and they deserve another shot.

LiK

TreIII said:

Super Joe would be ok, but in my opinion, he could go back to being just "Commando", while Rad Spencer could be the "true" Bionic Commando.

It'd also be nice if Capcom could give Breath of Fire some love. Doesn't even have to be any of the Ryus. I'm thinking more like Rei (III) or Rand (II).

Oh, and how about Rival Schools? Daigo and Akira were supposed to be in that 3D Capcom All Stars (the one that got canned in favor of CFJ), and they deserve another shot.

yea, someone else mentioned Strider already but i want him in it as well. maybe they could include Joe and Rad :D the Rival Schools roster would be nice. Akira with her bike hlemet would be sweet.

Teknoman

TreIII said:

Yeah, even Kyosuke got a chance in Capcom vs SNK. I'd like to see em in TvC as well.

I wonder who the original made character will be in this one though. Also Guile and Sean need some Hyper combo finish love.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ShinAmano said:
I would love to see on the Capcom side:
Strider
Linn Kurosawa
Rogue (Powerstone)
Poison

is kurosawa a character that was made for the game? or was she an actual character in the script they based the game off of?

all that said, jin saotome was fucking made for this game.

TreIII

Teknoman said:
Yeah, even Kyosuke got a chance in Capcom vs SNK. I'd like to see em in TvC as well.

I wonder who the original made character will be in this one though.

Sorry to say, but I'm hoping there won't be any original characters, unless he/she is the boss. Otherwise, that slot could go to another deserving personality, instead of trying push a new character design.

When everybody on both sides has decent representation across the board, THEN I'll be open to new OG-type characters...by like the third game. :lol

Also Guile and Sean need some Hyper combo finish love.

Guile already got his turn in MvC2, btw. But if it came down between him or Nash(Charlie)...I'd choose Nash. :D

But any way...the only thing is that I don't want this roster to be another case where SF characters fill the roster predominantly. They already got their own game coming that will be released before this one, so there ya go, if you really want to see 'em again.

Thus, I don't want to see any more than like a total of 4 SF characters in the Capcom camp. And if it was a case where another guy/girl could fill his or her shoes easily enough (for example, Mike FRIGGIN' Haggar instead of Zangief for the umpteenth time), that would also be preferred.

If this game was called "Tatsunoko vs. Street Fighter", then of course, it would be a case of "it is what it is". But they had the nerve to get my hopes up by saying "Capcom", so I'm expecting to SEE more of Capcom beyond SF and Vampire. :D

blurrygil

TreIII said:
(for example, Mike FRIGGIN' Haggar instead of Zangief for the umpteenth time), that would also be preferred.

Agreed, much luv to you good sir!

To touch on the # vs. # issue....I'd say relegate back to 2v2. No more of this broken 3v3 gameplay imho. 2v2 was where it was at when the series was at it's most exciting.

TreIII

djgil said:
Agreed, much luv to you good sir!

To touch on the # vs. # issue....I'd say relegate back to 2v2. No more of this broken 3v3 gameplay imho. 2v2 was where it was at when the series was at it's most exciting.

Don't worry, it's 2 v 2, and that's what it looks to be sticking with.

I'm only hoping that they'll tone down or otherwise revise the assist system. If it's just going to be a repeat of MSHvSF and MvC2, it's STILL going to pose balance issues.

G-Fex

wowwowowowow this is the coolest thing I've seen from Capcom fighters lately. Haha eat it now street fighter 4 and remix. This is awesome and impressive. Plus G-force!!

This game looks HOT. North American release please.

I hope there some characters from Capcom's more niche fighting games (Rival Schools, Slam Masters, etc.), and this would be a good time to finally use D.D. from CFE. If Ingrid can be in games, so should he.

Hero

All I hope is that this is truly a vs Capcom game, not a "vs Street Fighter" game.

Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil, Strider, Mega Man, Bionic Commando, Zero.

I'm mostly hoping for PHOENIX WRIGHT with SUPER OBJECTION SPECIAL.

raYne

Wow @ the pics. It's been said many times in the thread already, but this is most definitely the style they should've used in SFIV.

This looks awesome.

Orobi

Please, please, please... include:

xelab7.jpg

TreIII

Talamius said:
Looks amazing and makes me wish Capcom still had the Marvel licensing.

Eh, Marvel was fine for the 90s, but I'm glad that they went for something different now...and that it's not Jump-related (DBZ, Bleach, One Piece would have made me BARF after I finished laughing).

Besides, on the whole, Tatsunoko seems to just mesh with Capcom's goods much better than Marvel ever did.

TreIII

Teknoman said:
Just hope for a PS3 release so you can import.

Again...I wouldn't bet on it.

The most impressive stuff that the game has to offer are its supers, and even they can be done with a good deal of 2d sprite magic. It's been done before, even by Capcom themselves.

Beyond that...everything looks like something that the DREAMCAST could do on a good day (wouldn't surprise me if the board powering this game actually did turn out to be Naomi-based, some how).

So...as far as I'm concerned, it looks like this...PS2 at the least, Wii at the most, and it's likely that it could be released for both, if Capcom is really serious about throwing the Wii some good bones in this next fiscal year.

LowParry

TreIII said:

The most impressive stuff that the game has to offer are its supers, and even they can be done with a good deal of 2d sprite magic. It's been done before, even by Capcom themselves.

Beyond that...everything looks like something that the DREAMCAST could do on a good day (wouldn't surprise me if the board powering this game actually did turn out to be Naomi-based, some how).

So...as far as I'm concerned, it looks like this...PS2 at the least, Wii at the most, and it's likely that it could be released for both, if Capcom is really serious about throwing the Wii some good bones in this next fiscal year.

Or...PS3/PS2/360/Wii/DS/PSP - It's all about the money. MMMMoooney.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So the game is in 3D? I didn't think it would be.

TreIII said:

I dunno, there have been some shitty last gen games on the X360, such as PSU, Koei's Dynasty Series, EDF(althought EDF is awesome), Bullet Witch etc etc. So it's possible they might just throw it on PS3\X360 and just upscale it, the same way PSU and Koei games.

TreIII

CcrooK said:
Or...PS3/PS2/360/Wii/DS/PSP - It's all about the money. MMMMoooney.

For a game like SF4, definitely. They want the game to be damn near everywhere, especially in the West, who care more about the game any way.

But for this game, it's a Japanese exclusive, that caters specifically to Japanese interests. They can afford to keep this game on the consoles that the Japanese care about the most, thus why Wii/PS2 is the most likely.

...But hey, I wouldn't at all be opposed to a PSP and DS versions of the game, now that you mention it... :lol

EverSoTrendy said:
I dunno, there have been some shitty last gen games on the X360, such as PSU, Koei's Dynasty Series, EDF(althought EDF is awesome), Bullet Witch etc etc. So it's possible they might just throw it on PS3\X360 and just upscale it, the same way PSU and Koei games.

Would be a possibility, but again, my inkling is that, since this is a crossover game, which was crafted on a budget, they want to make sure that this game gets plenty of play, and can be in the hands as of many people as possible. PS3\360-only would severely cut into that margin, and I don't think Capcom wants that in the least.

Again, a game that has NO inkling of being released in the States? That pretty much equates with them not having to care that much about the HD-happy Americans.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
This looks cool in a classic way, but SFIV is still my prefered style as it's moving the art forward. Not just keeping it in line with the last 10 years.

Askia47

TreIII said:
For a game like SF4, definitely. They want the game to be damn near everywhere, especially in the West, who care more about the game any way.

But for this game, it's a Japanese exclusive, that caters specifically to Japanese interests. They can afford to keep this game on the consoles that the Japanese care about the most, thus why Wii/PS2 is the most likely.

...But hey, I wouldn't at all be opposed to a PSP and DS versions of the game, now that you mention it... :lol

Would be a possibility, but again, my inkling is that, since this is a crossover game, which was crafted on a budget, they want to make sure that this game gets plenty of play, and can be in the hands as of many people as possible. PS3\360-only would severely cut into that margin, and I don't think Capcom wants that in the least.

Again, a game that has NO inkling of being released in the States? That pretty much equates with them not having to care that much about the HD-happy Americans.
Well hopefully Capcom still releases it on ps3. Even if there isn't a good chance.

What if we get Bionic Commando dude in this one? The Rearmed model would fit this PERFECTLY.

DO IT CAPCOM!

I am so hyped for this game now! I LOVE VS. GAMES WOOOO

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TreIII said:
Since Leon did make his first appearance in RE2, I guess he passes. Honestly though, I want more Retro-Capcom love.

Really, the only exception to this "rule" I have, should be the likes of Viewtiful Joe, Gene the God Hand and Dante. Everybody else needs to have come from the 80s or 90s, for maximum retro power. :D

Fuck that, they had there time in MvC...time for the neorevolution!

TreIII

HK-47 said:
Fuck that, they had there time in MvC...time for the neorevolution!

What time?

Beyond Son Son, the Rockman cast, Jin, Strider and Captain Commando, the majority of Capcom's side was filled up with SFers and Darkstalkers.

If there was revolution to be had, it needs to be for the sake of all those golden-oldies who didn't make the cut the first time around!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
BudokaiMR2 said:
What if they put amatarasu in?

Then it would make sense.

I mean, the Casshern guy already has a dog buddy, so surely Amaterasu shouldn't be much of a stretch

TreIII

Raging Spaniard said:
Then it would make sense.

I mean, the Casshern guy already has a dog buddy, so surely Amaterasu shouldn't be much of a stretch

Thing is though, Friender, Cash's dog, is his assistant. They may make them have a sort of "Galford & Poppy" type of thing here (and judging by the way Friender spits fire, while Cash may be free to do something else, that might be the case).

Amaterasu, as a single character by herself, would be a bit more...interesting in this respect. Canine model as a fighting game character would probably make for annoying battles, due to a funky hitbox.

I mean, if you thought trying to fight Rockman, Roll and Servbot in MvC/2 was annoying... :lol

Mefisutoferesu said:
Do you think Evil, Rapier, and Omega will be in it?

I'd bet that Evil would at least be in, since he was, more or less, Blade's main enemy in the series.

They could make him and Blade basically as different from each other as Ryu and Gouki(Akuma) if they wish, but I REALLY want to see Evil up in this. :D

TreIII said:
Thing is though, Friender, Cash's dog, is his assistant. They may make them have a sort of "Galford & Poppy" type of thing here (and judging by the way Friender spits fire, while Cash may be free to do something else, that might be the case).

Amaterasu, as a single character by herself, would be a bit more...interesting in this respect. Canine model as a fighting game character would probably make for annoying battles, due to a funky hitbox.

I mean, if you thought trying to fight Rockman, Roll and Servbot in MvC/2 was annoying... :lol

I'd bet that Evil would at least be in, since he was, more or less, Blade's main enemy in the series.

They could make him and Blade basically as different from each other as Ryu and Gouki(Akuma) if they wish, but I REALLY want to see Evil up in this. :D

Well it is a VS. game so they could easily just mess around with the proportions. Plus she wasn't puppy size. In comparison to the games NPCs she was actually pretty damn huge. People ride her a few times in the game!

KTallguy

Banned
They should shrink down the Evangelion robots and have them as fighters.
Then we'd really enter the land of Mugen. :lol

BudokaiMR2 said:
Well it is a VS. game so they could easily just mess around with the proportions. Plus she wasn't puppy size. In comparison to the games NPCs she was actually pretty damn huge. People ride her a few times in the game!
Well, in fairness though, the people in Ookami has tiny legs, so the scales won't match up properly, but it doesn't matter... broken or not Amaterasu SHOULD be there. I demand it! >:|

Hold up this is on last gen hardware?

Hot damn, could've fooled me.

Shame this is a crossover with anime licenses, I'd be more interested if it weren't.

TreIII

Mefisutoferesu said:
Well, in fairness though, the people in Ookami has tiny legs, so the scales won't match up properly, but it doesn't matter... broken or not Amaterasu SHOULD be there. I demand it! >:|

Well, then....I suppose the only thing that could possibly be a bother (which may also be a concern for the sake of Gene the God Hand) is the notion that both of their games didn't do all that well in Japan.

That being the case, and this game being made for Japanese otaku...that might rain on both Gene and Ammy's parades. A shame too...

On the other hand, this probably would mean that a spot for a Gyakuten Saiban/Phoenix Wright character is pretty much in the bag...

Dali

Chris Michael said:
Shame this is a crossover with anime licenses, I'd be more interested if it weren't.

Agreed. I'm not nearly as big a fan of Tatsunoko characters as I am of Marvel IP's so the fanservice ("One for J.J.") on the non-Capcom side that made the MvC series so awesome will be lost on me. The characters still look cool and all, I just won't be able to enjoy them on the level of more familiar characters.

I'm still extremely hyped for the Capcom side though. I really hope they use some recognizable characters that haven't been seen in this capacity yet. That means more characters that aren't from fighters, Capcom! At least stay away from Street Fighter FFS. Chun Li and Ryu... okay moving along now.

Top Bottom