• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt trailer - 1080p HQ version

woober

l16aa.gif

If you squint your eyes really hard it looks like next-gen Link travelling on Epona with Death Mountain in the distance.

;_;

Hilarious. With the power of mods, who says this isn't possible?! I hope it'll be as moddable as Skyrim.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Max everything @ 1080p and without downsample?

no one can tell now for sure but I've played Crysis 3 on extreme on a oc'd 680 (wasn't my PC) and it was running pretty good. I think W3 will be fine if CDPR don't screw it.

Hilarious. With the power of mods, who says this isn't possible?! I hope it'll be as moddable as Skyrim.

http://static2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/3216-1-1329826907.jpg[/QUOTE]

right handed Link is just wrong.

belmonkey

By the way. Wasn't it said that PS4 would support Nvidia's advanced PHYSX features?
It is indeed optimized to run on Nvidia's tech, but it's still software which is more than possible to run on AMD. Have they compromised and written something for the PS4 just to get some licensing fees? Cause I'm sure I read something about it at the time when Knack was first shown. Even though that game might not use it.

It does seem to support some features, although when in comes to something like the physx particles in Warframe, it looks like they've nerfed them for the sake of a higher framerate. It still has it in some places though.

By the way. Wasn't it said that PS4 would support Nvidia's advanced PHYSX features?
It is indeed optimized to run on Nvidia's tech, but it's still software which is more than possible to run on AMD. Have they compromised and written something for the PS4 just to get some licensing fees? Cause I'm sure I read something about it at the time when Knack was first shown. Even though that game might not use it.

There are two versions of PhysX - CPU based and GPU based - what is supported on PS4 is probably the first one.

Nzyme32

You know what, I'm actually as excited about the audio as I am for its graphics capabilities. It was great to here authentic slavic instruments used, it really gives the perfect atmosphere!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It does seem to support some features, although when in comes to something like the physx particles in Warframe, it looks like they've nerfed them for the sake of a higher framerate. It still has it in some places though.

going with the TR:DE trailer Tomb Raider on PS4/Xbox One seems to have a downgraded tressfx and that is AMD tech on AMD hardware so I'd say PhysX stuff will be highly downgraded on consoles as well.

Real-talk: It's crazy how good it looks. Perfect tech, impeccable art, unbelievable draw distance... CDPR nailed the next-gen RPG look.

Yes, this is the fantasy rpg I have been waiting for. Got big respect for CD Red for not watering down their vision!!

Wasn't Tress FX pretty poorly optimized on PC? I think even on PC it looks uncanny. Her hair looks like a live thing.

*drool*

I hope CDPR takes all the time they need to make this game. Hell, they could even release in 2015 if they need to. As long as they fully realize their vision of the game and finish everything they planned I will gladly wait.

Just make it good and don't rush it.

You know what, I'm actually as excited about the audio as I am for its graphics capabilities. It was great to here authentic slavic instruments used, it really gives the perfect atmosphere!

You could hear that from the trailer?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yes, this is the fantasy rpg I have been waiting for. Got big respect for CD Red for not watering down their vision!!

Wasn't Tress FX pretty poorly optimized on PC? I think even on PC it looks uncanny. Her hair looks like a live thing.

Yeah TressFX is a failed tech. it hurt the performance way too much even on AMD GPUs and it looked like crazy snakes on Lara's head, developer should do hair the Alice 2 way and avoid a big framerate hit.

Enkidu

There are two versions of PhysX - CPU based and GPU based - what is supported on PS4 is probably the first one.
I don't think there are actually two versions, PhysX is a physics middleware similar to something like Havok. If you just want the barrels in your game to behave nicely when you knock them over PhysX can easily do that for you running on the CPU. If you want to do something more demanding (such as some sort of advanced fur simulation) then it's quite likely that your CPU would bottleneck everything and your game would run terribly, which is where the hardware acceleration from the Nvidia card is necessary. Nvidia provides the PhysX SDK for all kinds of platforms (including the original Wii) but obviously it's not hardware accelerated unless you have an Nvidia GPU.

Yeah TressFX is a failed tech. it hurt the performance way too much even on AMD GPUs and it looked like crazy snakes on Lara's head, developer should do hair the Alice 2 way and avoid a big framerate hit.

Can't think of any upcoming next gen games which have impressed me with hair tech yet...FF should be strong in this department and AP tech demo obviously looked stunning, but FFXV isnt in the same ball park yet.

Kinthalis

Banned
Tress FX wasn't good on release, but 2 weeks later with an AMD patch, Nvidia patch and a game patch, it was pretty amazing.

The hair was a lot more realistic with new tuned up settings by the devs, and it ran fine even on Nvidia GPU's.

The onyl jarring thing about it was that it looked so good, but no other character in the game had it... so the contrast in some scenes was off-putting.

woober

I want more music like that one and this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKv0rtgI7mw

I had to look it up and sure enough, Witcher 1 and 2 had different music composers for its soundtrack.

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35358-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ost/

I really do hope that Paweł Błaszczak returns. Witcher 1 music felt like it was in a world of its own.

As for the music in this trailer: "To achieve this goal the audio team has been recording using traditional and historic instruments with amazing bands like "Percival", who are masters in this area, to achieve a truly authentic and powerful sound." Sounds good to me!

The IQ is nasty, looks like the same sharpening filter they've been using on their images lately. Smoothen it up CDPR!

You could disable that in TW2. I'm sure you can in TW3 as well. I also think it makes everything look nasty... but I can still see all the crazy awesome stuff they're doing underneath that sharpening filter. So I'm hopeful.

The downloaded trailer really looks miles better than any youtube/streaming footage of it. Game looks absolutely breathtaking.

My PC is ready!

FACE

Banned
I had to look it up and sure enough, Witcher 1 and 2 had different music composers for its soundtrack.

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/35358-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-ost/

I really do hope that Paweł Błaszczak returns. Witcher 1 music felt like it was in a world of its own.

As for the music in this trailer: "To achieve this goal the audio team has been recording using traditional and historic instruments with amazing bands like "Percival", who are masters in this area, to achieve a truly authentic and powerful sound." Sounds good to me!

Seems like Pawel won't be returning :( http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/inde...ild-hunt-ost/page__view__findpost__p__1024131

Terra_Ex

And I thought the YT trailer looked good, this is just phenomenal, the King of the Wild Hunt and those flames... damn. Need a release date so I can plan my pc upgrade accordingly.

JoeBoy101

I haven't played the first two. Can I go right into this one?

No. You have to play at least the second one first, and I'd recommend both. Bear in mind that they are cheap to get and the saves can be imported for plot events from one to the next. Very possible it might happen from 2 to 3 as well.

snack

No. You have to play at least the second one first, and I'd recommend both. Bear in mind that they are cheap to get and the saves can be imported for plot events from one to the next. Very possible it might happen from 2 to 3 as well.
Oh okay. Hopefully they go on sale on steam. :)

Some Nobody

It'd be great if this game came out sometime between March and June, and not somewhere in the fall like SO many other major games. I need something to lose myself in during the summer. >_<

Seanspeed

Banned
I dunno. Nvidia seems like it love to keep delaying Maxwell and they just released 780 Ti so we'll be lucky if Maxwell hit before Q4 2014.
Pretty sure its still on-track for Q1 2014 last I heard.

We just wont get 20nm Maxwell til later in the year or early 2015.

masterkajo

Oh okay. Hopefully they go on sale on steam. :)

They are on sale on steam all the time. I am sure they will be again coming winter sale. The last sale they went for like $7.50 for both, IIRC. (Could also be just Witcher 2. But Witcher 1 is definitly not more than $2-3 during sales).

Keep on eye on GOG too, as they and CDProjekt are tight. During sale time you could probably get both for a total of $20 or less.
CDProjekt and GOG are one and the same really... Just wanted to clarify. They usually have great deals for both games every now and then.

3bdelilah

Banned
The Witcher 2 already looked next-gen by console standards(on PC of course).

Its pretty flooring that this game not only looks better than Witcher 2, but is also open-world(and larger than Skyrim).

I didn't like the first two games quite as much as a lot of people seem to, but I'm quite excited about this one.
No need for exaggerating. The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 was beautiful, but that's "just" it. But I see your point, although it's logical that this game will be more beautiful and bigger. If hypothetically The Elder Scrolls VI would release next year, it would also be more beautiful and bigger than Skyrim.

Same here, didn't like TW2 as much as the rest, but was enjoyable nonetheless. I think the lack of an open world and small things (like drinking potions during combat) why I didn't really, really like it. TW3 looks like it's going to expand on everything TW2 delivered.

Kaldea

I'm far from a graphics whore, but there's something about these games that makes me want to be one. It's insane how good this looks.

Tex117

Banned
It will be this game that most likely will push me into next Gen.

I've always asked for this.

Do we have a release date yet?

Top Bottom