• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt trailer - 1080p HQ version

K.Sabot

vlcsnap-2013-12-09-19eekgd.png

The warping on everything during this was pretty brilliant.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Being as this is set in an open world, do you think you'll be able to uh... be able to, um... jump?

antonz

I think PS4 and even Xbone will do reasonably well with this game because the engine is well balanced. One of the biggest issues with EA and Frostbite 3.0 is it is so CPU intensive to the point even processors greater than what the new consoles have require overclocking to get the FB3.0 games to run smoothly.

I think PS4 and even Xbone will do reasonably well with this game because the engine is well balanced. One of the biggest issues with EA and Frostbite 3.0 is it is so CPU intensive to the point even processors greater than what the new consoles have require overclocking to get the FB3.0 games to run smoothly.

Superior Xbox One Port confirmed ...

RedSwirl

Okay now we can actually examine this city shot.

If you look closely there are some bustling streets down there that are almost certainly accessible. If you look beyond the buildings you'll see what looks like some farmland and rivers in the distance, then mountains. It will be badass if you can access all that. The real question regarding the city though is if you can go into every alley like one of the minor towns in GTA V or something.

mechphree

If you look closely there are some bustling streets down there that are almost certainly accessible. If you look beyond the buildings you'll see what looks like some farmland and rivers in the distance, then mountains. It will be badass if you can access all that. The real question regarding the city though is if you can go into every alley like one of the minor towns in GTA V or something.

Well I remember reading some where it was like...several times bigger then skyrim in terms of open world. So I assume you will be able to do that.

NeoROCK

Can't wait to see how the ps4 version will turn out. I doubt my (current) pc will be able to run it with a smooth framerate.

ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

Love this part.

Nice looking swamp.

He's walking like he needs to take a dump really bad.

next gen procedural bowel movements confirmed?

Goby

Banned
The band Percival (whose music is in the trailer and is working on parts of the game's ost) is named after a Witcher books character.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
650 TI
5500K Core i5
12 GB RAM

Thoughts on what my friend will be able to run it on? We have a bet going.

Nobody here knows and nobody here will know until the game has been benchmarked. You can't even look to The Witcher 2 performance for a rough estimation since it's just a collection of moderately-sized hubs versus 3's vast open world. As a wild guess, though, I'd say a 650 Ti will manage a playable framerate with a mix of low and medium settings.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Or we can get the Tress FX 2.0 which has hair, grass and fur physics: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713230

Implementing TressFX would require CDPR include and optimise the technology in RED Engine 3, something they haven't announced, and isn't exactly a drag-and-drop procedure. If a game isn't set to include TressFX, even if it's using fur-like shaders for other render ware, there's no guaranty it ever will. TressFX is not the same as Nvidia's PhysX, and to be perfectly honest I cant see CDPR bothering with AMD's solution when they're already using Nvidia.

Besides, I believe Nvidia has said their PhysX solutions are usable on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so it should be possible to implement the fur effects (and whatever else). Whether CDPR will, and what the performance cost is on consoles (I don't doubt they can render the effect if properly optimised), is another matter entirely.

diaspora

Implementing TressFX would require CDPR include and optimise the technology in RED Engine 3, something they haven't announced, and isn't exactly a drag-and-drop procedure. If a game isn't set to include TressFX, even if it's using fur-like shaders for other render ware, there's no guaranty it ever will. TressFX is not the same as Nvidia's PhysX, and to be perfectly honest I cant see CDPR bothering with AMD's solution when they're already using Nvidia.

Besides, I believe Nvidia has said their PhysX solutions are usable on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so it should be possible to implement the fur effects (and whatever else). Whether CDPR will, and what the performance cost is on consoles (I don't doubt they can render the effect if properly optimised), is another matter entirely.

Properly? I sincerely doubt it'll work any better on the consoles than it would on PCs with AMD GPUs.

Momentary

Banned
Why are people bringing up this sharpening filter deal with this video? Do PC games have a sharpening filter that we forget to furn off?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Properly? I sincerely doubt it'll work any better on the consoles than it would on PCs with AMD GPUs.

It won't work on AMD PC GPUs. PhysX is locked to Nvidia hardware on PC.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just saw the HQ footage. WOW

I really hope I'm not too lost when I play this since I haven't been able to play the others.

EatChildren

Bollocks. PsyhX run also on AMD GPUs. Hardware part doesn't run on AMD part only software.

I'm not sure what you mean? I know PhysX is only software, but as far as I'm aware it's still restricted to Nvidia GPUs, regardless of whether it could logistically run on AMD hardware. There are certain Nvidia effects that I think do run on AMD hardware, but I'm pretty sure you can't even enable the PhysX features on AMD GPUs.

Perkel

Banned
I'm not sure what you mean? I know PhysX is only software, but as far as I'm aware it's still restricted to Nvidia GPUs, regardless of whether it could logistically run on AMD hardware. There are certain Nvidia effects that I think do run on AMD hardware, but I'm pretty sure you can't even enable the PhysX features on AMD GPUs.

Effects yes but psyhX is normal physic API like havok. Quite few games use it as standard physic engine.
Saying psyhx doesn't run on AMD is false. Certain effects do not run on AMD is right way to put it.

For example Mirrors Edge effects are fully hardware related and can't be run on other hardware that nvidia.

Just saw the HQ footage. WOW

I really hope I'm not too lost when I play this since I haven't been able to play the others.
Just read Wikipedia on the first 2 games. You'll be up to speed :p

Jeez im surprised a game can look so crisp being open world. Please CDPR bring this first half of 2014.
Well, that's what happens when developers aren't shackled by having to accommodate ancient hardware (360/PS3). This type of graphical fidelity is to be expected in this generation. This is a normal leap :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

PhysX is a cross-platform, cross-manufacturer-compatible middleware solution not unlike Havok. Even the hardware-accelerated effects don't explicitly require an Nvidia GPU as they can be offloaded to the CPU, but of course this solution is far from ideal to the point of being wholly impractical.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

Looks like you can go on the roof of the building in front too

EatChildren

Effects yes but psyhX is normal physic API like havok. Quite few games use it as standard physic engine.
Saying psyhx doesn't run on AMD is false. Certain effects do not run on AMD is right way to put it.

Yeah, true. I guess I'm thinking more from the "Enable PhysX" setting option in some games. I can't think of one, that specifies PhysX as additional effects, that can be enabled on AMD GPUs (excluding offloading to CPU). If the PhysX stuff is built into the engine, like Havok, then yeah it works. But in most (if not all?) cases when a game offers PhysX enhanced options they don't work on AMD hardware.

I guess it will depend on how CDPR implement them into The Witcher 3.

Goby

Banned
This IS the same game, right? Something does not add up here. I hope W3 looks great but every screenshot I see makes me lose faith in it.

That was from a 6 month earlier shot

Each new batch of shots looks better and better

Plus you see it in motion in the trailer and it looks amazing

Serrenn

Banned
Going off the last few posts of this guy its clear he's doing this on purpose.
Oh my, tell me about my hidden agenda then. Its all part of my plan to ruin CDPR reputation on GAF. And I would, if it wasn't for those meddling kids! /s

Why do screenshots from here, named "The Witcher 3 new gorgeous screens" look like shit and this video looks better. Its a honest question.

People here are quick to call bullshots and bulltrailers(?) but this game gets the blind eye treatment for some reason. Don't just dismiss my point of view because it does not fit your world.

Oh my, tell me about my hidden agenda then. Its all part of my plan to ruin CDPR reputation on GAF. And I would, if it wasn't for those meddling kids! /s

Why do screenshots from here, named "The Witcher 3 new gorgeous screens" look like shit and this video looks better. Its a honest question.

People here are quick to call bullshots and bulltrailers(?) but this game gets the blind eye treatment for some reason. Don't just dismiss my point of view because it does not fit your world.

Because it is aliased in the video and it looks totally in game. I mean, no one is sure how it would look on consoles, but the look of the trailer is not hard to achieve since the only thing you need is the fact the assets exist and a PC. There are screens up there, everyone sees the sharpening.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment

Do you know how game development works?

Go back and watch the Witcher 2 trailers. No one believed they were in-game at first too, the released game looked much better than those trailers.

Are you slow or something? Do you know how game development works?

Go back and watch the Witcher 2 trailers. No one believed they were in-game at first too, the released game looked much better than those trailers.

Well they were releasing actual downsampled (one would call them bullshots if it was a console game) screens too for W2, and lots of them. The IQ for this one hasn't been "doctored" at all.

Top Bottom