• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Platinum Snoopy tho

Doubt they could top the Bamco Snoopy games
SnoopyFlyingAce_cover.png

Game's so fucking good

Dicer

Banned
Skippin Wii U again I see, this and Transformers fit the mold for the system and Transformers wasn't pushing systems limits, oh well... PC it'll be again.

TreIII

That seems ok.

And reincarnation origin is fucking stupid , I mean really? Reincarnation as past humans?

Is it any "stupider" than a "normal" pet rat somehow being sentient enough to mimic his human master's movements and learn an entire, comprehensive school of martial arts that could be passed onto four turtles upon their mutual mutation? Among all the other wilder, stranger stuff that usually happens to the turtles and co. within any given series?

G-Fex

Is it any "stupider" than a "normal" pet rat somehow being sentient enough to mimic his human master's movements and learn an entire, comprehensive school of martial arts that could be passed onto four turtles upon their mutual mutation? Among all the other wilder, stranger stuff that usually happens to the turtles and co. within any given series?

actually yes, the reincarnation angle is worse.

I don't know how someone could dislike the Santolouco TMNT art. It's like the perfect balance between gritty and cartoonish that TMNT can be. It's the best of both worlds.

G-Fex

I'd believe reincarnation sooner than I'd believe a rat can learn martial arts by mimicking its master. They're both stupid. One is just the stupid you're used to.

whatever buddy boy. I just think it's a worthless change.
I don't know how someone could dislike the Santolouco TMNT art. It's like the perfect balance between gritty and cartoonish that TMNT can be. It's the best of both worlds.

it's pretty bad actually now looking at more of it.

Skilletor

whatever buddy boy. I just think it's a worthless change.

it's pretty bad actually now looking at more of it.

It's not worthless. It works for the story the idw comics tell. And the comics are damn good. Buddy boy. Lol.

But yeah, took awhile for the art from the comic to grow on me. Definitely not my favorite look.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Rating M is awesome! But I wonder which turtles design they'll choose. I really hope it is not modern crap which I simply hate. This one I think will be... well, it's just too childish especially for the M rating. This one... just no, plus there's at least 4 or 5 games from mid 2000's with this design and... well, why this again? This and this for example is a lot more interesting, detailed. dark and mature. This will be cool too, I really like this design cuz it is a lot more appropriate and lore friendly than any modern crap from Nickelodeon or from movies released so far. More realistic look and design is not acceptable, just like Nickelodeon stuff.

Anyway, can't wait for the announcement at TGA (it's pretty obvious).

Transformers — check
TMNT — check

Now Platinum needs to make:

G.I. Joe
Street Sharks
Beast Wars
Power Rangers
Big Bad Beetleborgs
Masked Rider
Gundam Wing
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Evangelion
Batman Beyond
...and let's not forget about these:

Biker Mice from Mars
Skeleton Warriors
Earthworm Jim
The Tick
Voltron
UFO Robo Grendizer!!
Robotech
Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets)

petran79

Banned
Rating M is awesome! But I wonder which turtles design they'll choose. I really hope it is not modern crap which I simply hate. This one I think will be... well, it's just too childish especially for the M rating. This one... just no, plus there's at least 4 or 5 games from mid 2000's with this desing and... well, why this again? This and this for example is a lot more interesting, detailed. dark and mature. This will be cool too, I really like this design cuz it is a lot more appropriate and lore friendly than any modern crap from Nickelodeon or from movies released so far. More realistic look and design is not acceptable, just like Nickelodeon stuff.

Biker Mice from Mars
Skeleton Warriors
Earthworm Jim
The Tick
Voltron
UFO Robo Grendizer!!
Robotech

Usaji Yojimbo deserves a game/movie/tv series the most.

Along with Cerebus it is the longest running American comic

Tizoc

Out of the shadows was pretty good on PC with the camera fix. Don't sleep on it guys.

I still am bummed they went with that non-cartoony look for the turtles. I might pick it up if it ever goes for like 75% off or something

Naked Lunch

Platinum running down the 80s comic/cartoon franchises it seems.
GI Joe next?
Speaking of, I wouldnt mind a re-release of the GI Joe NES games. 2 lost Contra-like treasures.

poodaddy

That's ugly as hell.

Nah it's actually great. They need to get away from the cartoony look and go back to the grittier roots. Really though, the bar isn't set that high right now. If this Turtles game is even serviceable in the slightest then it will be the best Turtles game in years, and it's Platinum so it'll be more than serviceable. Color me stoked, and I really do hope they go for the grittier art style, but I doubt they will.

Jito

Banned
Can't be too excited for this after Transformers, it as merely ok overall. Felt like a budget title.

Johndoey

Banned
Clearly they should base the game off the fantastic 2003 cartoon which had the best turtles design, lair, April and Jones. Easily the best Shredder and Stockman.

Coda

It's pretty clear that this will be around the budget of Transformers: Devastation which is kind of a bummer because a super high TMNT budgeted game would be amazing.

But if they nail the co-op brawler fun aspect down to a tee then they'll be plenty of replay value in replaying the game akin to older TMNT beat 'em ups.

Rating M is awesome! But I wonder which turtles design they'll choose. I really hope it is not modern crap which I simply hate. This one I think will be... well, it's just too childish especially for the M rating. This one... just no, plus there's at least 4 or 5 games from mid 2000's with this design and... well, why this again? This and this for example is a lot more interesting, detailed. dark and mature. This will be cool too, I really like this design cuz it is a lot more appropriate and lore friendly than any modern crap from Nickelodeon or from movies released so far. More realistic look and design is not acceptable, just like Nickelodeon stuff.

Biker Mice from Mars
Skeleton Warriors
Earthworm Jim
The Tick
Voltron
UFO Robo Grendizer!!
Robotech

It's rated M because of dingaling realism. For the first time, their turtle penis's will hang on the outside of their shell.

Coda

If this is Transformers Devastation reskinned as TMNT I'm so fucking in. Just fix up the level structure.

I'm pretty sure the game will be much more akin to Bayonetta than Transformers: Devastation, the transforming into vehicle combos wouldn't really translate well into TMNT. I'm thinking more grounded and crispy brawler gameplay with a focus on team combos. I kinda hope the game is 2D with 3D elements rather than full 3D. I trust Platinum though.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'm pretty sure the game will be much more akin to Bayonetta than Transformers: Devastation, the transforming into vehicle combos wouldn't really translate well into TMNT. I'm thinking more grounded and crispy brawler gameplay with a focus on team combos. I kinda hope the game is 2D with 3D elements rather than full 3D. I trust Platinum though.

Yeah either way it will most likely be really good.

MiguelItUp

Can't be too excited for this after Transformers, it as merely ok overall. Felt like a budget title.

Really? I didn't feel that way at all, I mean, Devastation was the only Transformers game I've purchased. I am an 80's child, so the nostalgia grabbed me by the balls. I'd love to see a TMNT game that's a throw back to the original graphic novel or cartoon series. I just hope the level design is better than Devastation, that was the only problem I had with it.

Coda

Really? I didn't feel that way at all, I mean, Devastation was the only Transformers game I've purchased. I am an 80's child, so the nostalgia grabbed me by the balls. I'd love to see a TMNT game that's a throw back to the original graphic novel or cartoon series. I just hope the level design is better than Devastation, that was the only problem I had with it.

Agreed, the level design was just strange in Transformers: Devastation. Like going under random tunnels. I honestly would rather see an old school approach to the game's design such as just selecting missions/levels on a map and trying to get high scores in each with friends.

Also an additional "horde" style multiplayer mode would be excellent.

I'd believe reincarnation sooner than I'd believe a rat can learn martial arts by mimicking its master. They're both stupid. One is just the stupid you're used to.

Probably why the original cartoon and the Nick version's origin of Splinter's superior. Dude was Hamato Yoshi, transformed into a rat. Still was originally a MAN that mastered martial arts, thus could teach students his skills. Edgy kewlness don't win this time, friendos.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Probably why the original cartoon and the Nick version's origin of Splinter's superior. Dude was Hamato Yoshi, transformed into a rat. Still was originally a MAN that mastered martial arts, thus could teach students his skills. Edgy kewlness don't win this time, friendos.

I disagree on the grounds that it also changes character. Like, if you combine the two, then you will miss the fact that Splinter is still Hamato Yoshi's pet and he misses his master much.

Mind you I'm not against reincarnation (towards Splinter). I'm just stating that it is not inherently superior.

I wish they'd adapt the style of some comics posted with graphical techniques like Viewtiful Joe but in great 3D levels.
But I'm probably already getting too hyped for something that's cross gen, hence probably coming with a budget on par with Transformers (which was amazing, but I didn't have crazy expectations for it).

Labolas

It most certainly won't be, but I'm in love with the classic art. It would fit an M rating perfectly too.

Dude, I would be all for the classic Mirage comics look. But I don't think it's too popular and well known among casual fans.

Platinum fans' wishes to Atsushi Santa-ba:

Bayonetta 2
Star Fox
Transformers
TMNT

Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen
Kill la Kill
Gurren Lagann
Pacific Rim
GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita

I think I won't be able to take it if Platinum was making Battle Angel Alita.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Dude, I would be all for the classic Mirage comics look. But I don't think it's too popular and well known among casual fans.

I thought Turtles Forever made it known, and various references to it have been made by the new show. Hell I'd argue fans of the 80's show already know about it by now.

Top Bottom