• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan rated. (Activision, Platinum Games, PC/PS4/XB1/360/PS3)

TreIII

I thought Turtles Forever made it known, and various references to it have been made by the new show. Hell I'd argue fans of the 80's show already know about it by now.

Even so, Mirage is still largely an outlier, even among those who would consider themselves "TMNT fans".

Again, the most I'm hoping for is that this game will have plenty of alternate costumes/skins that can pay tribute to the various eras/iterations of the TMNT. Even better if it includes a "black & white" mode, so it could go with the Mirage-era skins that much better.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
So, no announcement at TGA? You can't find better place than TGA to announce the game like this at the end of the year. Oh well, I guess they probably just not ready to show it yet.

Hasney

So, no announcement at TGA? You can't find better place than TGA to announce the game like this at the end of the year. Oh well, I guess they probably just not ready to show it yet.

Eh, Activision haven't really announced any of these budget Platinum games. They just kinda show up on game sites with some videos one day or a press release.

CamHostage

I was surprised that this was a no-show at TGA as well. True, as Hansey said, Activision hasn't fully put marketing push into these PlatinumGames titles (although Transformers was one of their key games at E3 this year when they were touring around the streaming sites,) but it feels like Game Awards would have been a nice not-too-pressured but well-exposed opportunity to drop a simple trailer or commercial.

Oh well, doubt it'll be at PSX but surely we'll see it pretty soon.

TreIII

Eh, Activision haven't really announced any of these budget Platinum games. They just kinda show up on game sites with some videos one day or a press release.

It got overshadowed by pretty much everything else (including other P* announcements like StarFox and Nier), but Transformers was at E3 this year, at least. And THEN they didn't do much else! :lol

Dunno why Activision didn't take the opportunity to garner some decent press for this game at another mainstream gaming event, but whatever. They'll reveal it when they feel like it.

What other random licences does Activision still have the rights too they can toss Platinum at?

Spiderman would be cool but I get the feeling Activision font want to renew that deal when it expires soon.

Zomba13

What other childhood cartoons/toys could Platinum make great games out of? He-Man? I think Platinum could pull of a good He-Man game. Might not be relevant to todays market? What about Thundercats?

Sephzilla

What other childhood cartoons/toys could Platinum make great games out of? He-Man? I think Platinum could pull of a good He-Man game. Might not be relevant to todays market? What about Thundercats?

voltron.jpg

Power-Rangers.jpg

natertots

I would like to see them take a stab at Star Wars where you play a campaign as Darth Vader. Probably will never happen, but one can dream.

He-Man would be cool since that show was a big part of my childhood. Platinum can do whatever they want and I will buy it.

khaaan

If Platinum is going to hit up the Transformers franchise again in the future then please do Beast Wars.

Because it's better.

If Platinum is going to hit up the Transformers franchise again in the future then please do Beast Wars.

Because it's better.

*brofist*

It's really about whether you're an 80s kid or a 90s kid when it's Transformers vs Beast Wars, thankfully for me I was a 90s kid. Loved those Canadian CG productions like Beast Wars and Reboot back in the day. Rad times, indeed.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
*sigh*

Well, fuck.... I don't really like the new design - it's way too childish and turtles look like 10 year old kids dressed into turtles costumes :-(

P.S. At least we know now that the game is real and not just a rumor.

Tizoc

*sigh*

Well, fuck.... I don't really like the new design - it's way too childish and turtles look like 10 year old kids dressed into turtles costumes :-(

The 80s cartoon turtles look childish too

*sigh*

They're Ninjas. That are Turtles. Trained by a Ninja Rat. And they talk. And eat pizza. And skateboard.

Dude.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
*sigh*

The 80's look is more childish personally.

I wish they'd adapt the style of some comics posted with graphical techniques like Viewtiful Joe but in great 3D levels.
But I'm probably already getting too hyped for something that's cross gen, hence probably coming with a budget on par with Transformers (which was amazing, but I didn't have crazy expectations for it).

I would have liked to have seen what you suggested.

Houndi101

Yep the new ones look like Pre-teen Mutant Ninja Turtles

Edit: Also on the background Splinter who looks like a mouse, Shredder, Krang with his exosuit, Rocksteady & Bebop

Top Bottom