• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tohru Adachi coming to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax via DLC

LuuKyK

Marin Karin me if old.

Leaks for this week’s Famitsu are starting to roll in and top of the pile is word that Tohru Adachi will be a playable fighter in Atlus and Arc System Works’ upcoming Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Available as DLC that will be bundled with first print run copies of the game, he’s set to join the fray using his Persona Magatsu Izanagi and will have his own story-related content as well, dubbed “Episode Adachi.”

Source.

Pics_nao

So if Adachi is DLC, you guys know who that final character is then right?

P3 spoilers

Minato/Makoto confirmed.

Don't blue ball me Atlus. Hype to see how Adachi plays though

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
:eek:

jBtR3eS.jpg

2zADfDM.jpg
Still waiting... D:

kewlmyc

I guess spoilers for P4 can get officially fucked now?

So if Adachi is DLC, you guys know who that final character is then right?

P3 spoilers

Minato/Makoto confirmed.

Don't blue ball me Atlus. Hype to see how Adachi plays though

Who says we're getting one more?

Shahadan

Really like Adachi so far in P4G, even if I've probably guessed something right considering some posts in this thread :lol:

so its an expansion to an expansion? :E hate when these get announced before the thing is even available. Means they could just include it in the package from the start.

Tirod

I need to see what his ultimate/fatality/whatever it's called ability is.

Possibly *MAJOR P4 SPOILER*
Ameno-sagiri
related?

kewlmyc

Doesn't spoil anything unless you mention what role Adachi plays...

Considering he's not supposed to have a persona, and is just supposed to be some comic relief character, it will raise some flags for the few people that are familiar with P4/P4G but haven't beaten it.

Soma

Doesn't spoil anything unless you mention what role Adachi plays...
It'll be really hard not to connect the dots at this point.

"Wow when did he get a Persona and why does it look like an evil version of the main character's Persona?"

Moonlight

Banned
Plus, you have to consider
how much of his actual moves and voice clips let on about his true role. I mean, it's not going to take a genius to figure something out if his IK involves pushing someone into a TV or something.

Philippo

Its really kind of dumb to announce him like that. I guess Atlus doesn't give a shit about revealing him having a Persona

Well i guess people who buys this game are already fans of the series no? So they already played the games / seen the anime, and probably already know Adachi's role.

Its really kind of dumb to announce him like that. I guess Atlus doesn't give a shit about revealing him having a Persona

I think Atlus is at the point of "If they haven't played the game after 6 years and 2 releases across 2 systems... Oh well."

Seriously, things can't be "spoilers" forever.

(edit) Whoops, forgot there was also an anime for the entire game as well... so yeah, between those 3 chances over 6+ years, Atlus was ready to move people on.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wonder how much of his data is already on disc...

It'll be really hard not to connect the dots at this point.

"Wow when did he get a Persona and why does it look like an evil version of the main character's Persona?"

To be fair, if someone cared about spoilers they shouldn't be looking at pictures of a sequel.

but I was referring to the title of the thread.

ZeroX03

Banned
The original game is nearly six years old at this point. This is the third canonical game in the Persona 4 series. It's pretty fucking safe to assume most people interested in this title have played Persona 4. Atlus shouldn't really need to hide spoilers at this point. Could maybe edit out of the title as "
coming to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax" so people can choose to stay out of the thread, but really, it's been years.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Dude, it's been a LONG time since the game came out.

Also, considering these games are supposed to be canonically following P4, it would be fun to see if they give him any story beats, or just throw him in for arena battling etc.

Well I'm glad Adachi finally gets a spot as he deserves, but did they REALLY have to make him DLC? Being free with the first print run (which will probably be the only print run outside Japan) means it's there on the disc, it's just an extra pointless inconvenience (particularly for people having to import it).

I think Atlus is at the point of "If they haven't played the game after 6 years and 2 releases across 2 systems... Oh well."

Seriously, things can't be "spoilers" forever.

(edit) Whoops, forgot there was also an anime for the entire game as well... so yeah, between those 3 chances over 6+ years, Atlus was ready to move people on.
I'm not sure bringing back a main antagonist is really moving on

Well i guess people who buys this game are already fans of the series no? So they already played the games / seen the anime, and probably already know Adachi's role.
This is not necessarily the case. My sister is a big fan of Arena and is only playing through Persona 4 now.

I wasn't aware that something being 6 years old was suddenly not spoilers.

Top Bottom