• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tohru Adachi coming to Persona 4 Arena Ultimax via DLC

Adachi: I'll come back when this tournament is over. *never comes back*
Guard: ...why did we trust him to do that

adachisnakejgk3c.png

"Could this town be any more full of bitches?"

FluxWaveZ

I kinda hate that he's going to be DLC, because that means that he's proably not a part of everyone else's main story.

I'm pretty sure he is. For one, there's at least Episode Adachi—his own dedicated story episode—that I would imagine would have to tie into everyone else's story. Besides that, he's probably present in the other episodes as well given that he seems to play a significant role in the events of the game; he's even already in the arcade version of the game talking to the characters:
Anyone know how big a role Terumi played in BBCP despite being DLC?

Dugna

I'm pretty sure he is. For one, there's at least Episode Adachi—his own dedicated story episode—that I would imagine would have to tie into everyone else's story. Besides that, he's probably present in the other episodes as well given that he seems to play a significant role in the events of the game; he's even already in the arcade version of the game talking to the characters:

Anyone know how big a role Terumi played in BBCP despite being DLC?

Terumi was pretty important to one branch of the BBCP storyline. While popping in and out of others.

Terumi was pretty important to one branch of the BBCP storyline. While popping in and out of others.

His existence in the story was important, but as a fightable character he was only there like 2 or 3 times, so while, yes, he's important, he also kinda could've been non-playable and things would've been the same. Although 2 or 3 story battles is still more than some of the others character get :T

FluxWaveZ

His cut-in looks quite deranged.

I disagree. His vs. portrait just looks normal, while his portrait #2/super cut-in art has him raising eyebrows like he's superior and looking down at someone comically, full of confidence.

His super animation sprite does look pretty insane, though, so there's that.

There's an entire plotline about the Six Heroes, and he was one of them, so..

I don't know what that means, but previous answers already stated he has a significant role.

Do we have an NA release date for Ultimax?

I wasn't sure if I was going to get it since there's so many fighters coming out this year (UNIEL, GGXrd), but everything I hear about it makes me want it more.

I just realized P4UGAF will probably reunite for this so it's going on my "to buy" list now.

Do we have an NA release date for Ultimax?

I wasn't sure if I was going to get it since there's so many fighters coming out this year (UNIEL, GGXrd), but everything I hear about it makes me want it more.

I just realized P4UGAF will probably reunite for this so it's going on my "to buy" list now.
No date, but I believe they said Fall.

cj_iwakura

I don't know what that means, but previous answers already stated he has a significant role.

The Black Beast trying to destroy the world lead to the events of BlazBlue. Terumi was one of the six that tried to stop it, CP has story events and characters from the past.

FluxWaveZ

Nanako can be his Persona.

Minoru Kidooka: As a company, we did well and we were successful in tapping into a new fanbase for fighting games.

Toshimichi Mori: Arc System Works answered Index’s requests and the most we could do was suggest characters for it. For instance, I asked if we could make [Ryotaro] Dojima a character and they said no. I guess the characters I picked weren’t as well known so they were all denied. Nanako was the other one. [Atlus] said like, “Hell no. Why did you even think that?”

— Siliconera

That doesn't sound too bad. GG's coming in the fall/winter so I'll be plenty busy with UNIEL and Ultimax until then.

It will be good to swing that red axe for no awakening KOs again.

Heh, enter Shadow characters who don't have Awakening, but have 2k+ HP compared to their normal counter-parts.

I didn't know they had more HP. They are adding quite a bit of content to the game.

Two Shos.
Yukari
Junpei
Ken/Koromaru
Adachi
Shadows

And maybe one more character.
If they add Makoto I will lose it.

FluxWaveZ

I didn't know they had more HP. They are adding quite a bit of content to the game.

Two Shos.
Yukari
Junpei
Ken/Koromaru
Adachi
Shadows

And maybe one more character.
If they add Makoto I will lose it.

Yeah. Shadows were pretty weak before ver. 1.10, so they got some pretty cool buffs. One of them being the aforementioned HP buff, making them way more resilient.

And yeah, the game has a ton of content. Not just the characters, but the story mode with an actually good structure this time ala BBCP (which has been deemed by Atlus and Atlus USA as substantial), new modes including Golden Arena Mode, all those new songs and stages... It's looking pretty good.

Not to mention that I think the possibility that the character you mention is going to be included is actually pretty likely now. We should know if there'll be a last addition once the website updates.

Yeah. Shadows were pretty weak before ver. 1.10, so they got some pretty cool buffs. One of them being the aforementioned HP buff, making them way more resilient.

And yeah, the game has a ton of content. Not just the characters, but the story mode with an actually good structure this time ala BBCP (which has been deemed by Atlus and Atlus USA as substantial), new modes including Golden Arena Mode, all those new songs and stages... It's looking pretty good.

Not to mention that I think the possibility that the character you mention is going to be included is actually pretty likely now. We should know if there'll be a last addition once the website updates.

Yeah, the streamlined story mode is a definite plus since you won't have to retread similiar ground like in P4A. The reason why I think there's a chance for
Makoto Yuki
to come back is because of certain events that occurred in FES and P4A's story. It seems like a waste for that to be brought up only for them to do nothing with it. It has to be addressed somehow, either in Ultimax or maybe P5.

bakedpony

If I read the OP right, that means the DLC is included for free on the first print run? Also is this confirmed to have region locking like the first P4A?

Top Bottom