• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
But she is a really cute troll don't you think?

She was a cute troll yes, not as cute (nor as troll-like) as Holo. Goddess of all trolls.

But I am one of those crazies that actual prefers Kallen to C.C. Don't get me wrong, I know this isn't a respectable position by most, but I guess I just have a thing for peppy red-heads. Plus, her mech was really the coolest.

zeroshiki

She was a cute troll yes, not as cute (nor as troll-like) as Holo. Goddess of all trolls.

But I am one of those crazies that actual prefer Kallen to C.C. Don't get me wrong, I know this isn't a respectable position by most, but I guess I just have a thing for peppy red-heads. Plus, her mech was really the coolest.

The Guren (first one) was a pretty good design. The Lancelot and all the assorted KMF all suck though.

JCG

Lelouch is likeable though. If you want unlikeable, HATEFUL characters, then you have CC and Kallen.

Nah, that's more like Nina and a couple of other folks. Anything C.C. or Kallen did wrong doesn't really compare to those.

Dead

well not really...yet
Another reason R2 sucked, the odious mecha designs. Such a HUGE step down from season 1. Anything from the Knights was an eyesore.

yami4ct

But I am one of those crazies that actual prefers Kallen to C.C. Don't get me wrong, I know this isn't a respectable position by most, but I guess I just have a thing for peppy red-heads. Plus, her mech was really the coolest.

The Guren was one of the few things that kept me on board with that show. It's funny that the dumb lackey got the best suit while the protagonist's mecha were universally terrible.

zeroshiki

The Guren was one of the few things that kept me on board with that show. It's funny that the dumb lackey got the best suit while the protagonist's mecha were universally terrible.

Shinkiroh is pretty badass in SRW Z2-2 because of the absolute defense. It sucks in the anime though.

Defuser

Oh, now we're going back in full circle starting with Code Geass? You guys and your C.C/Kallen. Shirley is still best girl. Ironic thing is Shirley haters still use the nickname lulu when it's Shirley that gave the nickname.

I enjoy Code Geass until Lelouch geass Euphy. That was the most retarded saying/scene ever,hated it ever since and my hate doubled when
Shirley got killed.

Anyway, Akito is better.

zeroshiki

Oh, now we're going back in full circle starting with Code Geass? You guys and your C.C/Kallen. Shirley is still best girl.

I enjoy Code Geass until Lelouch geass Euphy. That was the most retarded saying/scene ever,hated it ever since and my hate doubled when
Shirley got killed.

Anyway, Akito is better.

Do you play SRW?

You totally should since
Hara Banjou of Daitarn3 totally saves Shirley from Rolo

Bored. Looking for something/ anything.

Code Geass

You gonna make me dipressed.

Code Geass is great. Not all chracters in a show are made to be likeable or else the show would suck big time.

Code Geass is great. I repeat myself but it's true. It was funny and dramatic at times, action was top tier level, plot has its bad parts but is overall good, at least.

You're just hating because it is popular. That's childish. But again it was to be expected of AnimeGAF.

-Minsc-

I feel the opposite. Well a lot of the serious arcs work, the Yagyu arc is the worst sequence of episodes I've seen in the show thus far. Nothing quite reaches the badass of the Benizakura arc.

Can't say I agree there. Benizakura has the benefit of being the first and having the "wow, what am I watching" factor. The Yoshiwara storylines, Four Deva's and the latest arc have more "badassness". IMO at least.

yami4ct

Code Geass is great. Not all chracters in a show are made to be likeable or else the show would suck big time.

Code Geass is great. I repeat mysel but it's true. It was funny and damatic at times, action was top tier level plot has its bad part but is overall good, at least.

You're just hating because it is popular. That's childish. But again it was to be expected of AnimeGAF.

I'm fine with a show having unlikeable characters. It rounds out the cast. It's when the cast is all unlikeable that there's a problem.

Also, I have no problem with Geass being popular. That's not why I hate it. Just because someone doesn't have the same tastes as you doesn't make their opinion "childish"

Can't say I agree there. Benizakura has the benefit of being the first and having the "wow, what am I watching" factor. The Yoshiwara storylines, Four Deva's and the latest arc have more "badassness". IMO at least.

Haven't got to the Four Divas arc, so that's a part of why my opinion is such. I'm getting there soon. Just finished the Fan Club war arc.

Also, didn't love the first Yoshiwara arc. It was neat, but I think they could do better.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ixion Saga DT - 19

qQDYMBb.png

Great episode. Last few eps were sleep inducing (literally), so hopefully things will pick up from here.

Sainglain
singing that cat song
.... no words. :lol

Defuser

I feel the opposite. Well a lot of the serious arcs work, the Yagyu arc is the worst sequence of episodes I've seen in the show thus far. Nothing quite reaches the badass of the Benizakura arc.

But the Yagyu arc gave us the best Gintama episode:

C7qcOX8.png

Wait till you reach the 4 Devas and the Courtesian of Nation arc. It's the real HOLY FUCKING SHIT! moment.

Narag

There are lots of nice crossover touches within the SRW series. Like, Relena going to Ashford Academy and meeting Heero there or Saji Crossroad deliverying a pizza for C.C.

Its pure fanservice.

I know, I've always wished I could experience more of that stuff especially after recently reading how Ryoma from Getter Robo G taught Noriko how to use the Gunbuster's axes. Thought I also read something from a few years back about Harry Ord chewing out Kira Yamato for something or another.

JCG

The Guren was one of the few things that kept me on board with that show. (...) the protagonist's mecha were universally terrible.

Eh, the Gawain wasn't bad. Besides, I thought it was interesting to see the protagonist stuck with weak standard models for a relatively long time.

Another reason R2 sucked, the odious mecha designs. Such a HUGE step down from season 1. Anything from the Knights was an eyesore.

Definitely true. I sort of liked the later versions of the Lancelot and the Guren though, and using them in a SRW game was pretty cool.

I enjoy Code Geass until
Lelouch geass Euphy
. That was the most retarded saying/scene ever,hated it ever since and my hate doubled when
Shirley got killed.

Never hated Shirley, but I can't say it had that much of an effect on me.

yami4ct

Eh, the Gawain wasn't bad. Besides, I thought it was interesting to see the protagonist stuck with weak standard models for a relatively long time.

No, I agree. It was an interesting twist to the formula. I just thought it was interesting the lackey got the good mech. Also, did not really love the Gawain.

I'm fine with a show having unlikeable characters. It rounds out the cast. It's when the cast is all unlikeable that there's a problem.

Also, I have no problem with Geass being popular. That's not why I hate it. Just because someone doesn't have the same tastes as you doesn't make their opinion "childish"

So I clarify, because I think you misunderstood me:
*A lot of people here are just hating on popular culture/funny things/... just for the sake of looking like some sort of connoisseur or whatever. this is what is childish. I'm not naming names, you might not be one of them but that's beyond my point. I wasn't even answering to you specifically. Still, one might wonder why you feel concerned when I neither named you nor replied to you.

*If you think that the cast is completely unlikeable, it's your opinion, and I'll accept it. I'm curious about what kind of character you may like though.

Instro

Code Geass is great. I repeat mysel but it's true. It was funny and damatic at times, action was top tier level plot has its bad part but is overall good, at least.

Darkside alt? That was really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom