• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Fresh Precure!] 04
UhwPbcS.jpg
ut4jSer.jpg

OwC43wo.jpg
bpiN5EP.jpg

wCiAP0a.jpg
w5woD9w.jpg

gVd2XXZ.jpg
Xvsi9ti.jpg
You will notice that the vast majority of the :wonzo occurs inside Love's room. I don't know what that entails.

On the plus side, I'm getting tons of reaction images from the gag faces. I might finally put my Erika and Yayoi's folders to rest!

I really don't look in the K-ON! thread much at all.
I also meant that he posted them in these threads too. Though I guess they move so fast that you can understandably miss them.
Movies are ok, Parallel Works are generally good, Yoko music video is alright. Think the Viral special was ok too.
The Parallel Works are all pretty short so it's no hardship to watch them all anyways.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Djibril is boring, though, and I don't think anyone even thinks of it as an important part of hentai history. Why bother with it when you should watch a classic? Maybe La Blue Girl?

I might actually take this suggestion. I had only considered Djibril because I thought the character designs were appealing - but I'm more interested in whether or not the show is worth watching.

Your post makes it sound like it might be worth a hatewatch, but at the same time not. It's on some sort of limbo of meh then? Ah, and the one I was referring to was Narisu Scramble. That was good fun I thought.

It's not. The thing about this show is that its horribleness actual transcends itself to the point where you start thinking about yourself rather than the characters. You start to think, what is wrong with my life? Why am I sitting here watching this? That's how bad it is. It becomes more than just a hatewatch because at some point you simply contemplate hanging yourself. Just don't watch this show.

Oh, and Narisu Scramble appears to be a part of Cream Lemon, so I'll get to that.

I wasn't expecting a Hentai review here.

mmmmmmm Cool Device, Angel?

it seems that you have great knowledge about hentai maybe you could help me find the one I watched 13 years ago.

I wouldn't say so -- in fact, the main reason I have delved into so many hentai shows is because I feel that I owe it to myself, given my interest. I know this is going to come as a shock to some people, but I am highly interested in sexual things. So much so that I often read published papers and peer-reviewed studies on human sexuality and psychology. I have a fascination with fetishes, and what people are into (I suppose I should also offer an apologize to those who find this often off-topic interest to be a distraction when brought to the table). However, I don't have really have an extensive history with anime or hentai in general, so in order to better understand my own interests, I've decided to dive in. Unfortunately this has come with mixed results; whereas certain shows can bring me closer to myself, others can make me want to shoot myself.

Even though hentai anime has been around for a long long time, it's still marginalized to the point where nobody wants to talk about it, and serious shows aren't being made. I'd like to see a high budget tongue-in-cheek fantasy hentai that we can all be proud of, but most offerings are still confined to the depravity closet. Where we watch in secret, and tell no one.

Branduil

From the New World 21

Man this episode had basically no budget, to the detriment of a number of scenes. The storyboarding is better than last week, but you can't storyboard away the number of non-animated shots and offmodel drawings, particularly in the first half of the episode.
I'm also a bit confused about how the fiend killed Shisei and what cantus leakage has to do with it
. There were also a couple awkward transitions between scenes early on, but by the second half the episode settled into a much stronger groove.

However, I don't really care as much about those flaws when the story is so good. There's no longer any doubt who this is, and wow is it creepy. Also, that final scene, holy crap.
Squealer
you magnificent bastard.

Next week:
Kiroumaru returns

cajunator

Banned
[Fresh Precure!] 04

You will notice that the vast majority of the :wonzo occurs inside Love's room. I don't know what that entails.

On the plus side, I'm getting tons of reaction images from the gag faces. I might finally put my Erika and Yayoi's folders to rest!

how many precure series are you watching at once? 0_o

Narag

Scrubbing through Gundam 0083: The Last Blitz of Zeon shows this might have some promise. One criticism I saw was that it excluded some subplots and reduced screentime of supporting cast. I can't see how this will be a bad thing. Looks like the first 10 eps are reduced to about an hour with the final three taking up the last or so. Guessing it (appropriately) focuses on Kou/Gato stuff.
AS3k0yVl.png

hAz91Pfl.png

Looks gorgeous too.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 08

It's pretty impressive how serious this show is getting now, even if it mostly contained within the flashbacks. Having a little Sugita helps too. Of course the first part was pretty hilarious as well.

Articalys

No Yukari?
She's the centerpiece of the poster, but that also means she's so damn tall that her proportions make a full-body avatar size image looks terrible compared to the rest:

f5vGEjA.png

Also she was drawn in a non-SD style so it doesn't quite match up with the rest.

Though you can always zoom in, I guess.

FwKwGzF.png

She's the centerpiece of the poster, but that also means she's so damn tall that her proportions make a full-body avatar size image looks terrible compared to the rest:

f5vGEjA.png

Also she was drawn in a non-SD style so it doesn't quite match up with the rest.

Though you can always zoom in, I guess.

FwKwGzF.png

The unfortunate reply and edit at the same time. But I appreciate it anyhow Arti.

maoyuu 8

heroface.jpg

The look of a hero

Seems like stuff is happening. Like how there is some thought into how the teleport thing works.

But seriously this show has less and less budget every scene. The cg people is better than the 2d people.

Seems like shit is happeninininini at the very least.

Dresden

from the new world - 21

Well, the episode stabilized as it went, but early on . . .

But man, such fascinating ambition, on the part of both
Squealer
and the staff. I don't know if they can pull off whatever they're planning next, but I'm glad we've come this far. The story is still on a roll and the punches keep coming.

yami4ct

From the New World 21

What a horrific and tense episode. Loved every second of it. From the very beginning, they had me surprised and shocked. I mean, they
killed off badass four pupil man
. It was a terrifying moment too. The true intentions of
Squealer
were in a way not unexpected, yet still managed to catch me off guard. The scale of it is horrifying. Also, the person who called
the fiend being Maria and Mamoru's kid
deserves a cookie. I honestly didn't expect that to happen. So crazy.

Speaking of that moment, anyone want to venture and give me a potential timeline on how the heck that turned out? I mean
Maria and Mamoru disappear. The queerats provide bones confirmed their's soon after, yet now we have a son.
I really don't know how that works out. Maybe I've missed something that makes that make sense.

They've got a lot on their plate now and not much time to stick the landing. If they can deliver on this last bit, From the New World will be one of my favorite anime from recent memory. It isn't as consistent as I'd like, but when it works it absolutely kills.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Toradora 24 - 25 End

A powerful and emotionally filled ending to a memorable show.

Overall, I'm not sure if I'd rate this series as highly as I thought I might have when it started. Though I would still rate it very highly. The first few episodes (and the dynamics between each character) were among the best. The quips and comedy was electrified with a certain kind of snappy energy, that seemed to shake off all that lethargy that usually accompanies school anime and romantic comedies. Unfortunately, the show takes a mild dive somewhere before the start of the second half and it doesn't really recover until the end. It trades its vibrant character for melodramatic sap that often requires a heavy amount of disbelief. It isn't totally bad, I just tend to dislike melodrama as it rarely feels authentic, or plausible - but it didn't bother me a great deal in Toradora. Sure there are outbursts, confessions, and emotional conflicts on full display, but it works to support the story. Even though I believe that some things are more powerful when they are insinuated rather than yelled out loud. Despite my qualms about the middle, I understand that some events were necessary to fully flesh out the characters (such as the drama with Taiga's father, the summer vacation, and my favorite - Ryuuji's appearance as Taiga's Santa).

It seemed to take forever in the last two episodes to
finally get them alone
, but that rehearsal scene in the bedroom... one more... one more... so fucking good... I said "FINALLY!"

It was also great to see Taiga mature in such a substantial way. And even though she will always remain a goddess in my eyes, I think Ami stole the show in the end. Of course Ami is quite beautiful, but her real beauty lies in the strength of her thoughtfulness. Once she came around she was constantly popping up and dropping truth bombs on your ass like she came from on high. She was literally smarter than everyone (from a philosophical perspective), that she seemed to operate on some kind of higher plane. Smart chicks are sexy, and her intelligence and wisdom (while sometimes unasked for), was never overly intrusive, nor pretentious.

When it's all said and done I do feel that the strength of the ending is more than enough to make up for any other missteps the show might have suffered from along the way. It really was pure romantic escapism. I felt so good, and yet - I would have preferred it even more if
vows of love were exchanged that night, and if Taiga never returned.
I just love bitter-sweet endings that leave a hole in your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom