• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Only the people who know Japanese have watched it.

Oh, I see.
Well, the later most people get to see it, the less chance there is of them forgetting to vote for it when the AOTY 2013 voting starts. ;)

Magi - 19

A big fat MEH.
They spent way too much time on this, but it was still mildly entertaining.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh, I see.
Well, the later most people get to see it, the less chance there is of them forgetting to vote for it when the AOTY 2013 voting starts. ;)

Magi - 19

A big fat MEH.
They spent way too much time on this, but it was still mildly entertaining.

That episode was unbelievable, haha. It came out of nowhere.

Pokemon B/W Adventures in Unova - 04

wU32LnQ.jpg

An episode about Iris, her past and character development.
Hopefully now that's this is out of the way, we won't have any more episodes focused on Iris.

Kurita

Pokemon B/W Adventures in Unova - 04

An episode about Iris, her past and character development.
Hopefully now that's this is out of the way, we won't have any more episodes focused on Iris.

Didn't realize Druddigon was that small. He really looks weird in that shot.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 04:

Well, now the show's gone and made a fool of my complaints regarding the cheapness of the power suit by making me ask "why the hell doesn't he just transform and finish this?" in a particularly ridiculous situation. It feels like the show can't win--when Roman uses the suit, it feels like plothax. When he doesn't and it's clear that he has the option available, the tension feels artificial. Everything about this show is still pretty mediocre but I kind of want to see if it can scrape together something resembling a serviceable recurring narrative so I won't drop it.

At least the miko was in a bikini this week, anachronism be damned.

Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter 19

All the patrol car gyrozetter reminds me of that rescue squad cartoon whose name escapes me. At least now the day to day things wont be left to our Arcada Gyrozetters.

Why cant Eraser-01 wake up and be active already.

/XX/

I didn't realize there were something like five different GAF-tan designs until this "what should GAF's mascot be" thread appeared.
In case C_V is watching... I'll say again that I appreciate what you did with this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29566232&postcount=8611

Never cease to congratulate all of 4LS on my behalf!

Is this a ridiculously naval-gazing post about Evangelion? Yes. Is it an accurate assessment of the franchise as a whole? I have no idea. I tackled the this as an unknown. Which is part of the reason why I've been a little hesitant about even posting this to begin with. It seems everybody already has their opinion on Evangelion all figured out, so at least indulge me, as I scramble around for something.
And I have to thank you for taking the chance to post this, I'm glad you took the time to articulate this nice impressions piece, man!

I was going to say... a very opportune time to talk about THE END OF EVANGELION, because I missed that this past February 20th, along with all those other releases and events, was first day of sale for the Space Runaway Ideon series Blu-ray BOX that even includes an interview with Hideaki Anno (http://www.ideon.jp/products/index.html#bdtv). With it and the films being out for a time already, could be a good moment to see what the two projects as a whole have in common.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 05:

So this show might have some kind of emotional center after all. Nothing to do but continue to watch.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 06:

Navigating a cavern/tunnel laced with wacky booby traps? What a fresh and unexplored narrative for this show.

The only redeeming thing about the episode was some incredibly impressive FUTURE OF ANIME:

wbWqDO7.gif

Narag

Gundam AGE 40

Distilled that scene a bit on my part but damn, even if this does turn to shit, I'm glad I finally got it as it's been coming for 23 episodes. AGE-FX is hot too and its kinda nice to be able to talk about the show on its own merits rather than in terms of previous shows. :lol

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 02

Future still looks ugly.

The main spaz is reaching points of intolerable. Don't listen to the mysterious spirit in dueling advice when you never dueled before. Keep shouting in that horrible voice of yours. Look stupid in all sorts of way. Really, what sort of redeemable quality do you even have? You are basically Jaden without actually being a good dueler.

The other characters aren't helpful either. Best friend is the least supporting character next to the rival and girl there is nothing but a support bot. The spirit is ok, but there's nothing about him to care.

This show is losing all sorts points of likability quickly here. And there just have been one duel!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 07:

I knew that Okuni had something to do with
Otsu's death
. Rest of the episode was kind of a mess, though.
Chinese hooker Ranka = blonde Catwoman = Okuni? DISGUISECEPTION

one more show caught up with. My remaining options aren't looking too enticing.

cajunator

Banned
Finished Oreimo.

I liked Kirino up until Episode 11.
She's such a giant bitch. He should've slapped her for pulling that crap.

Nice ending all the same.

Kirino is ALWAYS like that. Can't stand her.

Cowboy Bebop 21

Meh. Not really a great episode at all. Also it's one thing for those syndicate agents to follow them, but did they ever explain why they just plain opened fire on them?

Cowboy Bebop 22

This was hilarious. Spike makes a rival, and he isn't so much a rival as somebody who screws everything up at every turn for him, as well as pretty much everybody else. Kinda boss to just ride in to a masquerade party on a horse, though.

Best thing about it was how Spike and Andy didn't even care about catching Teddy Bomber at the end so much as settling the score between themselves. Teddy Bomber's growing frustration at being ignored by them and how nobody was listening to why he was doing what he was doing was great to watch as well.

Also, Spike's and Andy's interactions damn near bordered on sexual tension at times.

Thats one of my favorite episodes. Andy is like Spike except he takes nothing seriously. Awesome episode.

Also has one of the best OP themes I've heard in quite some time.

Yup. Its a pretty good one.

Why? Why?

Gah, why are you giving the shitty anime money? Just buy the manga!

I don't read manga. Like at all. Anime only.

Taishou Yakyuu Musume 6

The most :SDBurton episode yet. Tomoe still craving the Koume while Akiko strategically "baseball marries" her. This show continues to be LEWD and the baseball portions of the show certainly don't feel like they're slacking like some "Cute girls playing X sport" shows do.

Glad you're enjoying it. Taisho baseball girl actually keeps the baseball part of it relevant and seems faithful to the actual game. The strategy and planning involved in the game was stuff I really wasnt aware of. Gave me an appreciation for the game (but I still don't like baseball)

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 03

Right where he belongs.

Really show, why can't you show a full duel for once and not make everything a two-parter? Maybe once we're out of explaining every single little tidbit about the damn card game to the main character, we can get some proper duels.

IXION SAGA 20

The new ED is great .. the episode was alright but i surely wasn't expecting that turn of events ..

Maybe sometimes, we'll get some plot ?

PsionBolt

Chocotto Sister - 1 - 24 (End)

Picked this up on a whim a while back, and finally got around to watching it. By 'whim', I of course mean the fact that 'sister' is in the title. But really, could anyone pass up a show with this premise?
Wikipedia said:
The story centers around a Christmas wish made by Haruma Kawagoe after his mother had suffered a miscarriage, followed by a hysterectomy. Several years later, when Haruma is a college student, a woman on a flying motorbike claiming to be Santa Claus delivers his wish, a younger sister.
In the end, though, there's not much to say about it. It's not a magical girlfriend incest show, though there are a few ecchi scenes. It's not a heartwarming family show, though there are a few moments of that nature, too (episode 23 especially). Really, it seemed to not be anything at all, other than a low-budget slice of life comedy.

The ED is probably the most notable part of the show. If the whole show looked like this, that might have been nice - but it looked like this instead. The ED song itself is also decent, until they sing and dance to it in-show constantly during the middle episodes. Like, three times in some episodes. Augh.

Overall, not horrible, but not great. Mildly cute, occasionally funny. An unremarkable 5/10.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 02

Future still looks ugly.

The main spaz is reaching points of intolerable. Don't listen to the mysterious spirit in dueling advice when you never dueled before. Keep shouting in that horrible voice of yours. Look stupid in all sorts of way. Really, what sort of redeemable quality do you even have? You are basically Jaden without actually being a good dueler.

The other characters aren't helpful either. Best friend is the least supporting character next to the rival and girl there is nothing but a support bot. The spirit is ok, but there's nothing about him to care.

This show is losing all sorts points of likability quickly here. And there just have been one duel!
This actually why i couldn't go on .

I say this as an actual (retired) yugi oh player .. everything in that show made me lose interest ... it's worse than the way GX started .. ( i don't like Gx at all ). But in xezal ? there isn't the kind of spark in the main character ..

And the new card & rules sure are crap too .

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal 03
Right where he belongs.

Really show, why can't you show a full duel for once and not make everything a two-parter? Maybe once we're out of explaining every single little tidbit about the damn card game to the main character, we can get some proper duels.

Yeah you're right .. in the other seasons , there was still someone watching on the side explaining the duel ot the viewers .. or even if there wasn't , they could spark some internal monologue to do the trick .. most important is that the players knew the rules and the trick of the trade and that's why it was entertaining to see them.

Even in the original yugioh storyline , yami yugi didn't need explanation (as he was teh most cheated of the cast ) but even his normal self , knew what to do .. the mecanic why the spirits doesn't work ( at first i hope ) because there is a clear difference inbasic habilities between the 2.

Now dakkumauji , please watch more episodes, maybe it gets better later but i gave up early ...

Theonik

Mirai Nikki 23
Whaaaaaaaaa.

Mirai Nikki 22
HOLY DTL BALLS BATMAN. OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAAA
WHAT'S GOING OOOOOOON AAAAAAAAAAA

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Chocotto Sister - 1 - 24 (End)

Picked this up on a whim a while back, and finally got around to watching it. By 'whim', I of course mean the fact that 'sister' is in the title. But really, could anyone pass up a show with this premise?

In the end, though, there's not much to say about it. It's not a magical girlfriend incest show
DAMMIT

Theonik

The thing about signal is that in reality you either have it or you don't. Also there isn't a standardised way of measuring it so despite all those bars, she probably has the same amount signal as everyone else.
Not quite, lower signal strength = more packet loss. Though yeah there is no standardised way of determining connection quality.

Dresden

http://www.verifiedfacts.org/i/the-feds-and-anime/NDA2NjMy

The Feds is trying to control the minds of the American people-- probably with anime, which they invented and created.

The government's recent focus on violence in video games only exists to distract us from their terrible abuse of anime for profit.

Over the past 50 years, citizens expressing distrust of the Feds have been audited by the IRS at a rate 400% higher than the rest of this country's obedient sheeple.

I am willing to provide incontrovertible evidence that confirms my claims, but feel safe doing so only via anonymous short-band radio transmissions.

Most economy textbooks don't include the most important facts about how anime is critical to our economy.

A prominent news anchor, who asked to remain anonymous, discovered he was being covertly photographed after he uncovered this issue.

The only way for upstanding citizens to protect themselves from this madness is to retreat from modern society entirely.

Sources:
Donnelly, John J., Jeffrey B. Ulmer, and Margaret A. Liu. "DNA vaccines."Life sciences 60.3 (1996): 163-172.
Osborne, David. "Reinventing government." Public Productivity & Management Review (1993): 349-356.

It's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom