• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

I saw wonzo post this anime in that loli thread on gaming-GAF and thought i'd check it out.

Yoiko - 01

Big mistake. This show is very dangerous for my well-being. VERY dangerous.

zeroshiki

Usagi Drop 3-3.5

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6040/zurakousagidrop03v2bd72.jpg[IMG]

The ending song is growing on me.

The great thing about this show is that it doesn't go out of its way to present some unneeded DORAMA or any contrived situation of any sort; it's pure iyashikei, of the good kind.[/QUOTE]

YES! I wish the English world would pick up on the concept of iyashikei but its really hard to translate and doesn't have a simple to understand counterpart in English.

There are tons of shows that are iyashikei. Most SOL fall under it, for example.

[quote="Regulus Tera, post: 48289850"]uh?[/QUOTE]

It literally means healing. You watch it to be healed of stress and stuff.

wonzo

Banned
RICKS BREAD SP2
ricksbreadsp2.jpg
ricksbreadsp2a.jpg

Turns out the secret to RICKS BREAD is to fatten up everyone so RICK can live out his perverted chubby chaser fantasies. What a creeper.

I saw wonzo post this anime in that loli thread on gaming-GAF and thought i'd check it out.

Yoiko - 01

Big mistake. This show is very dangerous for my well-being. VERY dangerous.
It's actually pretty entertaining for what it is.

Theonik

Hmmm, that reminds me. With my massive folder of categorized images, and my discerningly good taste, I could (and should) probably put together a nice 100+ "best of" Minus gallery or something... Well, maybe some day.
You get 300 pics per album! Just sayin'
Come on, I need some competition to steal more stuff from.

Andrew J.

Gundam AGE 46

So it occurred to me the reason Zeheart did lost the mask when he accepted his new role was yet another bit of borrowing from UC stuff, this time Char in Char's Counterattack.

I've heard it said that Gundam Wing tried to cram all of Char's development over three series and a movie into Zechs over just one series, and it suffered as a result. AGE does the same thing, but crams it all into just half a series.

Narag

I've heard it said that Gundam Wing tried to cram all of Char's development over three series and a movie into Zechs over just one series, and it suffered as a result. AGE does the same thing, but crams it all into just half a series.

Wing is really bad about borrowing too. I remember when I finally saw Zeta long after Wing and was floored by the Mariemaia Khushrenada/Mineva Zabi parallel. :lol For some reason, I'm thinking it was more just 0079/Zeta borrowed rather than anything after but it's been too long to say for certain.

Char stuff in this is thankfully secondary (but fun!) I finally realized the first three individual arcs of AGE are less about the boring war and are more the formative time the protagonist of each develops the philosophy he carries forward.

Jintor

YES! I wish the English world would pick up on the concept of iyashikei but its really hard to translate and doesn't have a simple to understand counterpart in English.

There are tons of shows that are iyashikei. Most SOL fall under it, for example.

It literally means healing. You watch it to be healed of stress and stuff.

plug it into my veins

Narag

Gundam AGE 47

Seric Abis is such a bro.
Shoulve have realized it was a death flag. smfh
Whole lot of bad pacing in this otherwise and that new mode was goofy as shit.

Gundam AGE 46

So it occurred to me the reason Zeheart did lost the mask when he accepted his new role was yet another bit of borrowing from UC stuff, this time Char in Char's Counterattack.

Bad ep aside from anything involving Kio.

Gundam AGE 47

Seric Abis is such a bro.
Shoulve have realized it was a death flag. smfh
Whole lot of bad pacing in this otherwise and that new mode was goofy as shit.

Dammit narag , rised to the G.age challenge , he is near the end ..

i want a full review of the serie when it's over ..and why you continued to watch this nonsense of an anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pet Girl 20
ZVHpc9Dl.jpg

Even when Sorata isn't annoying, he's annoying. And you know, Mashiro really just has turned into a plot device at this point. It's weird how marginalized she is given that we're supposed to be near the end.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Pet Girl 20
ZVHpc9Dl.jpg

Even when Sorata isn't annoying, he's annoying. And you know, Mashiro really just has turned into a plot device at this point. It's weird how marginalized she is given that we're supposed to be near the end.

Yeah, I spoke about that a while back. It's been frustrating watching her become so one dimensional. :/

Metrotab

Banned
Samurai Champloo - 6

WAT, DE BRUTALITEIT!

Hollanders show up everywhere, even in my anime. Pretty funny how they were calling him 'Opperhoofd'.

Narag

Gundam AGE 48

I've seen the same animation of the AGE-FX decapitating two enemy units like 3 times now.

Damn if Obright didn't go out with a manly death though.
Shame Zeheart's wasn't. There's a level of poignancy that was strove for yet not attained because how the fuck do you do the breakdown/death in the course of three minutes? smh Not really the conclusion I anticipated for Asemu/Zeheart.

Cwarrior

I finished the One Piece Vol 8 collection (Skypeia Arc and most of G-8). I really didn't like Skypeia and Alabasta. My favorite so far was probably Arlong Park.

Wah? your weird I don't think I've seen anyone like a pre grandline arc over the much better post grandline arcs.

Wait, 789, are you saying Skypeia isn't totally terrible? Because it is. That arc almost made me drop One Piece all together. It's so overlong and boring with some absolutely awful character designs. The fights outside of
the giant snake
weren't even that fun or creative.

luffy_vs_coby_by_tsotne_senpai-d5tgzsc.gif

No idea. I don't watch the One Piece TV anime. I have standards! :)

Says the duck that watches Omega.

One Piece Film Z

Just got back from the movie. It was so fucking good. I enjoyed Strong World despite the somewhat weak script and the weakass overhyped villain mostly because of the animation and the art. But Z not only corrects all the problems I had with Strong World, but surpasses it in every single way. Great direction, amazing music, solid villain, outstanding cameos, and fight after fight after fight TO DIE FOR.

The difference between Z and Strong World is that while Strong World felt like an average filler-tier side story with movie-tier production values and a really great cinematic touch in the opening and ending set pieces, Z is a ONE PIECE MOVIE from start to end. There are no leisurely scenes of the crew getting to a village in a new island and just chilling, and there's a lot less of the usual slow build up to a single climatic fight. Instead the entire movie is high kinetic action and major dramatic beats bridged by scene after scene of stuff which any One Piece fan would love to see.

Instead of introducing completely new characters and framing a film around the main characters interacting with them, this movie creates a very compelling original character, and then frames the movie around both Luffy's crew and all the Marine characters reacting to this character as a major event. It makes it much more exciting, and the stakes feel great.

I enjoyed the story, was blown away by the art and animation, and the direction is fucking amazing. The action in particular is really exciting and thrilling to way. Everything feels so fast, and yet there's tons of impact. The ending was pretty surprising too. I didn't expect it, but it was done really well. If Oda is going to keep improving on each movie he produces, I can't fucking wait for the next one.

Animation - AA+
Music - A+
Direction - AAA+
Story - A+
Overall - One Piece Anime of the Forever

I think you might be interested in seeing the interview on one piece film z on some animu show

Gundam AGE 48

I've seen the same animation of the AGE-FX decapitating two enemy units like 3 times now.

Damn if Obright didn't go out with a manly death though.
Shame Zeheart's wasn't. There's a level of poignancy that was strove for yet not attained because how the fuck do you do the breakdown/death in the course of three minutes? smh Not really the conclusion I anticipated for Asemu/Zeheart.

But this entire arc makes the xeheart character totally void.
Of course nobody cares , when the character carefully picked the choices leading to the bad end.

There should have been a GAME OVER screen prompting xeheart to choose an earlier save and pick different choice:
-Was listening to ezelcant a wise choice ?
-Was pursuing Exa-db a priority ?
-Shouldn't you have cast off your feeligns toward asemu from the start and disposed of him once your first job done ?
-Should you have let the 2 team of elites across 2 freaking arcs die because they were too stupid to understand the treat in front of them ?
And the list goes on . I've barely started.. Xeheart could have made countless different choices during the 3 arcs Yet choose poorly EVERY FREAKING TIME and was backed up only by Ezelcant crazy plan.

Jintor

lol I was hardwired to mandarin/canto for five years of my life. Then I went to school. Next thing I know I don't know any mandarin anymore, only english.

I don't know if I'd be any good at languages if I sat down and pretty much made it my only focus for a while, but I sure as hell can't pick it up on the side. I've been learning Japanese on and off for a few years now and I still don't know shit.

jbug617

Banned
Wah? your weird I don't think I've seen anyone like a pre grandline arc over the much better post grandline arcs.

I think I liked the Nami back story and the fights were pretty good. I think for Alabasta was that it took longer than I think it should. Alabasta had a lot of exciting moments with Ace, Smoker and the fights.

I wish my brain was wired to learn languages. Some people pick that stuff up so quick, no fair.

I liked the two years of Chinese I did, though mainly more so with strokes and writing it than actually speaking it, so much practice and time :/ Its fun, though wish I could have done more but had to choose between stat/math or language artes.

zeroshiki

I read a thread where Aeana was scolding people for telling someone who wanted to start studying Japanese because he wanted to play Bravely Default that it was impossible.

It is though.

You're not really gonna learn any language overnight and as we get older, our language learning abilities get worse. If you don't have the proper motivation, you're not really gonna pick up enough Japanese to play an RPG or watch anime. Unless you're the biggest weaboo in existence, that really isn't enough motivation to spend the hundreds of hours it would take to learn vocabulary, grammar and the kanji.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I read a thread where Aeana was scolding people for telling someone who wanted to start studying Japanese because he wanted to play Bravely Default that it was impossible.

It is though.

You're not really gonna learn any language overnight and as we get older, our language learning abilities get worse. If you don't have the proper motivation, you're not really gonna pick up enough Japanese to play an RPG or watch anime. Unless you're the biggest weaboo in existence, that really isn't enough motivation to spend the hundreds of hours it would take to learn vocabulary, grammar and the kanji.

I've learned two different languages by myself, so I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to learn Japanese with the classes I'm taking.

Narag

Gundam AGE 49

jtfXJP4l.jpg

Y5PTVAEl.png

CwxdsXrl.jpg

Shit was so hot.

Flit redeemed.
He finally had his chance to exterminate the Vagan but avoided it due to the only two people that could actually reach him, the son he thought he lost and the grandson he was afraid he'd lose.
Last boss was pretty dumb but damn if I didn't enjoy this show. Shame so much was halfassed for the sake of the primary struggle of the Asuno family but I was satisifed that was followed through to completion. Vagan war stuff I couldn't care less about aside from Zeheart which leaves me under the impression I was watching this for different reasons than most. I'll get to that later, I think.

Saving Second Moon was so Axis/CCA too. :lol

zeroshiki

I've learned two different languages by myself, so I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to learn Japanese with the classes I'm taking.

Oh, I didn't mean that as anything towards you. I was making an observation in general. If you have the proper motivation, I don't doubt you can do it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh, I didn't mean that as anything towards you. I was making an observation in general. If you have the proper motivation, I don't doubt you can do it.

I see! Haha. I'm sorry if my comment sounded overly snarky.

Being accused of being a pedophile all day puts you on a defensive stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom