• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Easily one of the most engrossing PV's I've seen in ages. The animation, the backgrounds and the music really draw me in. I can't wait for this and the Trigger projects for Anime Mirai, I haven't been this excited about something anime related in ages!

Not since Kingdom 38 that is!

wonzo

Banned
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman 8

Damn, that was good, like real good.

@wonzo: I think you brought up the pachinko heritage again in your impressions. I feel it actually benefits this as it seems like they're taking great advantage of a blank slate. Of course this notion hinges entirely on there not being some great mythology about the pachinko version I'm unaware of!
I vaguely remember reading the pachinko machines were set in a different era but I think that's it. They just took the base concepts and characters and simply decided to do something different with them. Clearly pachinko machine adaptations are the future of anime if they can lead to the creation of the secret best half-hour show of the season BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN.

Rinne No Lagrange 11

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Well heck this was a crazy episode. Lot's of determined believing in yourself and Supah Roboto action, but man, the last minute got CRAAAAZY. Holy cow everyone should watch this show.
Just stop at episode 12, forget season 2 exists and treat the OVA I have yet to watch as some gag extra.

Not since Kingdom 38 that is!
Fortunately for me there's a couple of months to purge this sickness from my system.

Narag

I vaguely remember reading the pachinko machines were set in a different era but I think that's it. They just took the base concepts and characters and simply decided to do something different with them. Clearly pachinko machine adaptations are the future of anime if they can lead to the creation of the secret best half-hour show of the season BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN.

Maybe pachinko success can revive old franchises too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwPxHNfGSwg :(

Ultimadrago

Senran Kagura 7

itshappening5sfep.png
welp1ve3j.png

It's training arc time, Katsuragi/Ikaruga alone time (the context for that face-to-face wasn't it, but not extremely far).
Also Xbox Cat and "Daidouji sure works out".

CorvoSol

Gundam 00 2

"I mean I have more than a casual interest in them. I mean I'm gay for them. The Gundams, I mean." I hate ponytail guy and his blonde buddy almost as much as I already hate random space kids and also Shinn Asuka Jr. But I like the Dynamis' pilot and Haro, and I feel I was too hard on this show to begin with. Setting it in AD makes it kinda interesting, because I sorta care about the background politics for once (only other time was in Wing.)

So Cheerios is the guy's name, and Hallelujah is his Gundam. No, Cheerios is the Gundam, and Alleluia is the good persona and Hallelujah is crazy? Fuuuuh. Lockon and his Dynamis are really the only salvagable members of the entire crew so far. This colonel has a weird scar on his face. I'm gonna call him colonel Pubert, though, because he has a tiny puberty mustache, and I don't want to care about the one facial characteristic they want me to care about.

Green guy and Haro are my favorite characters.

OH NO ETHNIC WARFARE! Because Gundam handles those well. Also love the glossing over the fact that if the HRL didn't support the minority side in this ethnic warfare, there'd be no diplomatic way of supplying energy to you know, a third of the planet. In other words, the Gundams are coming to stop a battle that is only happening because people chose to avoid murder and conquest to supply energy for the world.

So basically, Gundams are going to war because people chose the more peaceful path.

UGH SETSUNA GET OVER YOURSELF. I hope that your strangely mechanical attitude means you take after Heero Yuy and not Shinn Asuka, kid. Because if you're Shinn Asuka Jr., this is gonna be a LONG 50 episodes. You already LOOK like him, so at least do us the favor of taking after Heero. I know Anime-GAF doesn't wanna hear it, but Heero was a pretty good protagonist. Especially compared to brats like Shinn and sociopathic, genocidal monsters like Flit.

Gundam 00 2

"I mean I have more than a casual interest in them. I mean I'm gay for them. The Gundams, I mean." I hate ponytail guy and his blonde buddy almost as much as I already hate random space kids and also Shinn Asuka Jr. But I like the Dynamis' pilot and Haro, and I feel I was too hard on this show to begin with. Setting it in AD makes it kinda interesting, because I sorta care about the background politics for once (only other time was in Wing.)

So Cheerios is the guy's name, and Hallelujah is his Gundam. No, Cheerios is the Gundam, and Alleluia is the good persona and Hallelujah is crazy? Fuuuuh. Lockon and his Dynamis are really the only salvagable members of the entire crew so far. This colonel has a weird scar on his face. I'm gonna call him colonel Pubert, though, because he has a tiny puberty mustache, and I don't want to care about the one facial characteristic they want me to care about.

Green guy and Haro are my favorite characters.

OH NO ETHNIC WARFARE! Because Gundam handles those well. Also love the glossing over the fact that if the HRL didn't support the minority side in this ethnic warfare, there'd be no diplomatic way of supplying energy to you know, a third of the planet. In other words, the Gundams are coming to stop a battle that is only happening because people chose to avoid murder and conquest to supply energy for the world.

So basically, Gundams are going to war because people chose the more peaceful path.

UGH SETSUNA GET OVER YOURSELF. I hope that your strangely mechanical attitude means you take after Heero Yuy and not Shinn Asuka, kid. Because if you're Shinn Asuka Jr., this is gonna be a LONG 50 episodes. You already LOOK like him, so at least do us the favor of taking after Heero. I know Anime-GAF doesn't wanna hear it, but Heero was a pretty good protagonist. Especially compared to brats like Shinn and sociopathic, genocidal monsters like Flit.

Heero is great. Why would anyone hate on him?

CorvoSol

Setsuna's backstory is a rip of Sousuke's from FMP.

I wondered about that with the opening episode. If he turns out to be like Sosuke that'd be great, since Sagara is my favorite mecha protagonist (even if Roger Smith is undeniably cooler), and his whole trip from being a Heero Yuy clone to an actual human being is well done.

So if Setsuna turns out like Sagara, that'll be cool.

Heero is great. Why would anyone hate on him?

Some people hate Gundam Wing. They're crazy, but they exist.

cajunator

Banned
Wow. I fell asleep on the floor for a few hours and suddenly there's 4 more pages!
What happened?

iboXXCzFdNEawU.jpg

Dumb things like this make shows climb higher on my backlog.

Komugi is excellence in parody. It has a few fun surprises that aren't really spoilers but I don't want to ruin anything at all.

Doesn't help that several people in that thread, look down on people and don't hesitate to call "names" and refuse to discuss.

"your bobby is disgusting , if an adult was reading this , he'll agree with me ".

Usually i would have already pulled out , because of how stupid some people arguments are but there was several moment where i felt like i was being trolled.

Considering they can't even localise idolmaster stuff in other games (rpgs ), i guess only the HARADA power will bring idolm@ster in the next dimension

i remember enjoying "addicted to curry"
I agree. Its as if people who like the small cute characters cannot function as an adult in any capacity to these people. they cannot fathom that someone their age might like the artwork or girlish designs.

Watch this. As soon as possible. Plus its short.

That loli thread...it just won't stop! lol.

I should watch Usagi Drop to relax.

You should also check out mushishi and (good) Aria if you want to relax. Maybe even Someday's Dreamers.

Anime Gaf Please Help. Im looking for anime that's kind of like Welcome To NHK, Genshiken, and Toradora. Anybody got any good recommendations?

Well if you don't mind going backwards a bit, Kino's journey, Haibane Renmei, and Tatami Galaxy are unique experiences, though not comedy focused at all.

Crunchyroll is doomed.

doomed i tell yall.

Ever since I heard what you sound like (remarkably similar to one of my friends actually) I read all of your posts in your voice and it is AWESOME.

Chihayafuru is the one anime I need to watch the second a new episode comes out, it's brilliant.

Watch Chihayafuru if you haven't, do it

I agree. this is very good advice!

Another PV for Prism Nana got posted on their Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PY63rqAvEQ

I still want to know WHAT this is. If its Pachinko, I'll be disappointed.

Oh my...
#3. Hime cut. Probably thats Kuroneko. Doing things of a naughty nature.
But whatever, its hime-cut!
Sadly, I do not recognize any doujins. I'm a disappointment.

Multiple people in AnimeGAF: "Max Heart is horribly godawful. One of the worst wastes of time ever."

Cajunator: "BUT IS CUTE SO YOU OBVIOUSLY MEAN MEDIOCRE."

You read way too much into that. I've read that it is bad, but I'm not going to call something awful unless I've seen some of it myself and hate it. Otherwise, its mediocre until proven terrible.

cajunator sometimes likes to whack certain anime (see all his posts on Hyouka) illogically but when something he likes get shat on, he gets very defensive and goes back to the "its cute" defense.

Everything is in good fun. (I think)

I like Hyouka actually. I will certainly buy it on bluray if it gets licensed.
I mainly knock on it because Pizzaroll goes nuts. Its amusing.

In case my previous post wasn't clear enough, here's what I'm saying: Parading a series of "lewd avatars" and discussing which of them to use is not the wisest thing to do. But what is even worse is when someone then replies to it linking to more lewd avatars and talking about bodily fluids and stuff. It's inappropriate and it makes this entire community look bad. I don't want to be the nofunallowed guy, but please, use some common sense? Thanks!

I agree with this. there's no point in drawing anymore unfavorability to animeGaf as we already have otherGaf of pins and needles as it is. They clearly do not trust this community and its kind of sad, but its a stigma we have to live with, so best not to aggravate it further.

zeroshiki

I wondered about that with the opening episode. If he turns out to be like Sosuke that'd be great, since Sagara is my favorite mecha protagonist (even if Roger Smith is undeniably cooler), and his whole trip from being a Heero Yuy clone to an actual human being is well done.

So if Setsuna turns out like Sagara, that'll be cool.

Everything you said except the human and the good part.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The iDOLM@STER 14

Hmm...not sure the show needed an over-the-top blatantly evil antagonist. But we'll see how it goes, I guess. I mean, I get that he's meant to be the antagonist, but he might as well have come out and said "Hi, I'm BOB EVIL". A little more subtlety would have been nice. Ah well. Anyway, not much else to say beyond that. Decent little episode showing how things have progressed since the concert. Next episode looks really good.

CorvoSol

Halleluia is the best one. But Lockon is a close second.

Guy can't even keep his own name straight, man.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 2

COULD CHIBODEE BE MORE MURICAN? I think not. He's hilariously 'Murican in every way and I love it. This was a good episode, with Domon concluding "You're one of the good guys."

Guy can't even keep his own name straight, man

He doesn't have one name. Which is why he's awesome.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 2

COULD CHIBODEE BE MORE MURICAN? I think not. He's hilariously 'Murican in every way and I love it. This was a good episode, with Domon concluding "You're one of the good guys."

they don't want you to mix up good guys and villains, it's not that obvious in this anime.

Jex

Watching the opening for the OVA just reminded me of some of the funnier plot twists to come in Code Breaker:

Also, can't live without the triple karaoke. Missed an opportunity, not having an espanol translation on the eastern border.
Everyone knows that music cannot possibly be enjoyed without triple-hardsubbed karaoke.

jgminto

I'm proud of myself for not posting in that thread. Personally not a fan of that style of character but the hate against it is so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom