• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 08•07-09•15 - Gifted MI5 cruises by F4. DBZ fans still warm 4 Frieza's form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Fox has killed the Fantastic 4 are they going to still view it as too valuable to give up?

I wonder what the profit margin on DBZR:F is going to be because jeebus.

mreddie

I'll let you guys guess when I was born.

1. Presumed Innocent
2. Ghost
3. Problem Child
4. Arachnophobia
5. Die Hard 2
6. The Freshman
7. The Jungle Book
8. Navy Seals
9. Days of Thunder
10. Dick Tracy

1. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
2. Batman
3. Back to the Future Part II
4. Look Who's Talking
5. Dead Poets Society
6. Lethal Weapon 2
7. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
8. Ghostbusters II
9. The Little Mermaid
10. Born on the Fourth of July

1989 wad an alright year.

jey_16

Banned
Now that Fox has killed the Fantastic 4 are they going to still view it as too valuable to give up?

why would they give it up? they paid Marvel for those rights years ago so if Marvel wants the license back, they will have to give something up for it. Fox isnt a charity

Wish I could have seen DBZ in the theater. I'm glad it did well.

Hope Funimation will go for a wide release with the next movie. It clearly still has brand power.

why would they give it up? they paid Marvel for those rights years ago so if Marvel wants the license back, they will have to give something up for it. Fox isnt a charity

Of course they're not going to give it away, they'd make a deal, possibly similar to whatever they did with the other rights they got back.

munchie64

1. Die Hard with a Vengeance
2. Toy Story
3. Apollo 13
4. GoldenEye
5. Pocahontas
6. Batman Forever
7. Seven
8. Casper (Really?)
9. Waterworld
10. Jumanji

munchie64

You're too fucking young.

Fuck you! ��
Yeah? Well, whatever, kid.
giphy.gif

Let the hate flow through you.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Scream
Trainspotting
Mission: Impossible
Fargo
The Cable Guy
The English Patient
James and the Giant Peach
Jerry Maguire
Hamlet

Come on, you dinosaurs. You should know what year this is.

1 Rain Man
2 Who Framed Roger Rabbit
3 Coming to America
4 Big
5 Twins
6 Crocodile Dundee II
7 Die Hard
8 The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
9 Cocktail
10 Beetlejuice

You know not a terrible year...

Son Of D

Terminator 2
Mobsters
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey
101 Dalmations Re-Issue
Boyz N the Hood
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Regarding Henry
Point Break
The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear
City Slickers

That was the US top 10 on the weekend just before I was born.

KingBroly

Banned
Wish I could have seen DBZ in the theater. I'm glad it did well.

Hope Funimation will go for a wide release with the next movie. It clearly still has brand power.

I definitely think it should be in more theaters, but I don't think it'd be as special if it were more than once or twice a day considering you're seeing it with a packed house.

Still no actuals updates. Heard people thinking FF could actually go down by a million or two thanks to how toxic word of mouth was, especially on Sunday.

Hit $25m and change like I thought it would. God, that is brutal.

And I think we might have a record for biggest second weekend drop for a comic book film next weekend. It is about time something took the 2003 Hulk down.

Marvel: You can keep the F4 but we want rights to Silver Surfer, Galactus and Doom.

You can't have Doom without Richards. He would still be awesome, but it would remove his one weakness which is his blind hatred of Richards.

Blader

Holy shit. Do we know how often they have to make a F4 movie to keep the rights? Also, would throwing them into an X-Men movie count?

Hmm, that's a good question. It may need to be that they have to include Fantastic Four in the title for it to count (which iirc is why the first Wolverine movie was titled "X-Men Origins: Wolverine"; didn't need to do that for the second one because it was already sandwiched between two X-Men movies).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom