• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 08•07-09•15 - Gifted MI5 cruises by F4. DBZ fans still warm 4 Frieza's form

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the box-office top 10 the year I was born.

Annie Hall
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Deep
A Bridge Too Far
Oh God
Saturday Night Fever
The Goodbye Girl
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Smokey and the Bandit
Star Wars

Decent year, actually.

Cripes I'm older than Bobby Roberts.

Does Fiddler on the Roof ring a bell?

Jawmuncher

The dragon ball z stuff interests me the most. Can't way to see funimarions other endeavors into the theater realm. Even if they have to stay with fathom, they'll have my money.

kswiston

It's not even the biggest flop of this year. I don't know if it makes top 3, actually.

Both Blackhat and Mortdecai are worse off.

Taking budgets into consideration, Tomorrowland and Jupiter Ascending will likely end up being larger bombs as well. Jupiter almost certainly. It made $47M Dom/$181M WW on a $175M budget.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Am I crazy, or could Dr Doom be naturally introduced as a Black Panther villain? Dueling world leaders, and all that. Most of the rest of the FF villains could slide right into the Guardians movies. Disney doesn't really need the actual Fantastic Four at all.

I actually like the idea someone had a few pages ago where the FF members are just part of Doom's past, and have already been defeated. If they want to introduce the team to the MCU down the line, they can just have escaped to some planet after being defeated and come back. Or they could come back from the Negative Zone and bring Annihilus with them by accident.

NastyBook

A2zI69S.jpg
Damn, this shit was subtle as fuck.

Taking budgets into consideration, Tomorrowland and Jupiter Ascending will likely end up being larger bombs as well. Jupiter almost certainly. It made $47M Dom/$181M WW on a $175M budget.

Shit, that's right, it came out this year. I was just talking about that here a little bit ago, too.

Damn!!!
I thought the 120M included marketing, but it doesnt? Think I saw some say that marketing can match or even cost more than the film itself. Is it safe to say it was 200M total for FF4? I'm assuming they wouldnt go too crazy with marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom