• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that really annoyed me about the opening was the announcing "WOW, WHAT A WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT... THIS IS A REAL WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT RIGHT HERE... PERHAPS THE GREATEST WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT OF ALL TIME!" It was absolutely insufferable and diminished what was happening. They need to stop trying to force feed that sort of thing and let the product speak for itself.

Oh god yes. EVERYTHING was a Wrestlemania moment, and they were so keen to tell us what was a Wrestlemania Moment. Dammit.

So what happened to Taker other than getting injured?

NievzLV.png
Wow. That kind of makes me think the finish was an audible by the Undertaker when he realized it was time to go. Odds are it isn't, but still.

Any word on what his condition is in the hospital?

Linkhero1

My friends who haven't watched wrestling in a long time loved that segment and kept anticipating more involvement from those 3. I tempered those expectations, but I think for a casual fan that was a great way to kick things off.

The only thing that really annoyed me about the opening was the announcing "WOW, WHAT A WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT... THIS IS A REAL WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT RIGHT HERE... PERHAPS THE GREATEST WRESTLEMANIA MOMENT OF ALL TIME!" It was absolutely insufferable and diminished what was happening. They need to stop trying to force feed that sort of thing and let the product speak for itself.

This is exactly what I hated about last night.

cena/bray could of been a bit better. I think bray should have kicked out of an AA. Did he at one point? I don't recall. I don't think the finish was terrible though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wow. That kind of makes me think the finish was an audible by the Undertaker when he realized it was time to go. Odds are it isn't, but still.

Any word on what his condition is in the hospital?

I keep hearing this, but the reaction of the parties involved doesn't suggest anything like that. The fact that people think its somehow Bork shooting on Taker means they're doing their job right.

The referee himself would have simply stopped the count for a phantom kickout if that was the plan.

Toki767

I've heard he suffered a neck injury and concussion.

He definitely got a concussion when he took that bump outside the ring. Who knows what else got injured though. Word is Vince and Brock immediately got into the ambulance with Taker after the match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ah okay

Actually, I think maybe erik or luke accidentally hitting bray with a chair and then cena capitalizing would have made for a better finish to the match. It was good but it really could have been better with a few tweaks. not to mention save some face for bray.

What I wanted was for Cena to at least cut Darth Vader's hand off instead of just being Jedi from start to finish.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
after seeing xpac's tweet im starting to think taker broke his neck or something, the match when for the bad after brock did that single leg takedown which is where the injury is said to have happend

its been reported he had suffered a concussion and a form of a neck injury

ElRenoRaven

For those asking. Taker was taken to hospital post show. They kept him overnight apparently early in the match Brock gave him a concussion. Also he possibly has a neck injury now too.

The reason for his trip to the hospital, where we were informed he will remain overnight, was to run tests to determine whether or not he suffered a concussion, as well as concerns that he suffered an apparent neck injury of some kind.

Undertaker’s injuries came during a spot early into the match where he took a bad fall off of a single-leg from Lesnar.

As far as the finish to the match is concerned, Undertaker’s potential injuries played no part in changing the originally designed outcome. The match went off as planned, with Lesnar scheduled to go over.

Uhhhhhh, I haven't followed wrestling in years but I'm seeing quite a bit of this Undertaker streak thing on my FB feed and other places online. Help me understand what's the big deal here, GAF? It's all pre-fabricated anyway so the streak is ultimately meaningless?

Imagine Luke Skywalker getting his head chopped off by a lightsaber in Star Wars Episode 7. That's what Undertaker losing the streak is the equivalent to for most wrestling fans.

DMczaf

So I learned last night that Cesaro is what WWE wished Roman Reigns was. If they could transplant Roman's hair to Cesaro, Vince would die of happiness.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is sad.
tumblr_n3n31t3sFA1rt044do1_400.gif

I love the Undertaker. He's been one of my favorites of all time, especially heel Badass Undertaker. But this is what happens when you keep a guy around longer than needed. Either one of two things happens, he dies(Mitsuharu Misawa) or the myth is exposed. The myth that an old body gets worked and has to give out eventually. There was no glory here. Undertaker should have been done a while ago. He shouldn't have felt compelled to do what the fans want in exchange for his health.

But sadly those same fans that will surely blame Brock for any injury will quickly beg and demand Undertaker to have another match. They will wear this poor man into the ground, and he will feel compelled to do it because they won't just let him leave.

Sephzilla

So I learned last night that Cesaro is what WWE wished Roman Reigns was. If they could transplant Roman's hair to Cesaro, Vince would die of happiness.

Austin solution - keep him bald.

I feel like Vince is still trying to come up with a manly first name to give Cesaro.

I still think they should have just run with Tony Cesaro.

This is sad.

I love the Undertaker. He's been one of my favorites of all time, especially heel Badass Undertaker. But this is what happens when you keep a guy around longer than needed. Either one of two things happens, he dies(Mitsuharu Misawa) or the myth is exposed. The myth that an old body gets worked and has to give out eventually. There was no glory here. Undertaker should have been done a while ago. He shouldn't have felt compelled to do what the fans want in exchange for his health.

But sadly those same fans that will surely blame Brock for any injury will quickly beg and demand Undertaker to have another match. They will wear this poor man into the ground, and he will feel compelled to do it because they won't just let him leave.

I really just wish the build up for it was better. Remember how after the 2nd HHH match how Taker wasn't able to leave the ring under his own power? If they would have shown Undertaker as weak and vulnerable going into the Brock match instead of booking him like early 90s unstoppable Undertaker, it would have been a better way for it to all go down.

Anth0ny

I hope they transfer Reign's super mega push to Cesaro. Dude is a main eventer, it's fucking obvious. We know he can have a 5 star match with Bryan (and Cena!) too... can't say the same about Reigns.

Face Shield is a good thing that they need to keep going with. Cesaro singles era starts now. I think he will be the most over person tonight at Raw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Andre Cesaro. Little did we know, winning the rumble gave you the rights to the Andre name.
I really just wish the build up for it was better. Remember how after the 2nd HHH match how Taker wasn't able to leave the ring under his own power? If they would have shown Undertaker as weak and vulnerable going into the Brock match instead of booking him like early 90s unstoppable Undertaker, it would have been a better way for it to all go down.

They did that in the promos. Sadly, WWE doesn't know how to book a dominant monster heel anymore.

I hope they transfer Reign's super mega push to Cesaro. Dude is a main eventer, it's fucking obvious. We know he can have a 5 star match with Bryan (and Cena!) too... can't say the same about Reigns.

Face Shield is a good thing that they need to keep going with. Cesaro singles era starts now. I think he will be the most over person tonight at Raw.

Plus I can be all hipster and say I liked his work in CHIKARA!

FyreWulff

My current takeaway from this mania:

It was a pretty good Mania, all around.

The old guard actually showed up, wrestled, and put people over. I mean even fucking HHH got in shape, and actually wrestled, and actually let himself get reversed and had his sledgehammer used on him. All these attitude era guys that we knew back then were kind of immature seem to have all grown up and realize if they want people to still see them, they have to build the new generation so that they have crowds to be seen in front of.

Cena didn't put Bray over, but his match felt like it was booked to send the kids home happy. He also didn't really put much of an effort into his wrestling. He got out-wrestled by HHH, for fuck's sake.

I already said before that Taker would go out on his back and he did. The -0 isn't what it's important, it's the streak that came before it and the 22 wrestlemanias in total.Now Brock can pass on the heat to someone younger. And Taker can do a Mania match with Sting without the streak hanging over it, making that match less predictable.

I think looking back in the future, WM30 is clearly going to be the generational transition Wrestlemania. HHH and Steph are now going to be running things in full, we'll have a new roster of wrestlers, and even Taker is leaving the streak behind. It's time for new streaks, angles, and faces.

Toki767

This is sad.

Honestly Undertaker losing last night went along great with parts of Warrior and Jake's speeches in the Hall of Fame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
X-Pac afraid Bork is gonna kill him and re-rip his anus

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
There were rumors among the talent backstage at WrestleMania XXX that The Undertaker was supposed to kick out or that the finish to his match with Brock Lesnar was botched but as we've noted, that's not the case. The finish was planned but was kept from people even very high up in WWE's marketing and production departments. WWE officials were very afraid of the finish leaking and it's said only a small circle of 4-6 people were aware.

Vince McMahon actually missed the WrestleMania main event and Daniel Bryan's big win because he left his post to ride with Taker to the hospital in the back of the ambulance. Vince left it up to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon to run the rest of the show, all while playing a role in the main event as well.
from pwinsider

Enfinit

Nothing's official on Taker's injuries, they're just fearing that he has a neck injury and/or a concussion. It seems like he took a bump on that single drop, but they took him to the hospital as more of a precautionary measure than an emergency measure. I mean, the guy's nearly 50 and just wrestled Brock Lesnar.

Taker will be fine. My guess is he probably has a mild concussion. Nothing too serious.

Vince McMahon actually missed the WrestleMania main event and Daniel Bryan's big win because he left his post to ride with Taker to the hospital in the back of the ambulance. Vince left it up to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon to run the rest of the show, all while playing a role in the main event as well.

Vince McMahon gonna be like

"YOU HAD ONE JOB..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom